This Happened to me Today...Road rager at drive through

This is a discussion on This Happened to me Today...Road rager at drive through within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; About two hours ago my wife and I were at one of the drive thru Expresso Shops that are practically on every block here. The ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This Happened to me Today...Road rager at drive through

Senior Member Array torrejon224's Avatar

About two hours ago my wife and I were at one of the drive thru Expresso Shops that are practically on every block here. The drive is rather narrow and my Subaru which was in the drive thru lane was blocking a Subarban trying to get around. He finally took a chance and made it thru then jumped out his truck came up to the window and said some choice "obscenities" and proceeded to invite me out of the. At this point he looked in my window and noticed what I was holding in my hand, a Kimber "Guardian Angel". He must have know what it was as he backed off, threw a few more obscenities at us and took off. My wife called 911 and reported it, informed the dispatcher that we both were CCW holders and armed and that this idiot had left when he saw the capiscum "dispenser". They asked if any physical confrontation had transpired, my wife replied no and they stated a record would be made of the incident in case something else happened. My wife had her hand on her Commander the entire time but fortunately nothing happened. There were at least three other people with this clown and I'm sure glad he didn't push his luck. Just goes to show you that anything can happen at any time and you just have to be prepared!! Personally I think he thought that I had a stun gun waiting for him and he didn't feel like being zapped!!

VIP Member
    I'm glad both of you are okay. Well done, and stay safe!

The other individual involved needs to start drinking decaf!

me
    Quote Originally Posted by torrejon224 View Post
    Personally I think he thought that I had a stun gun waiting for him and he didn't feel like being zapped!!
    I agree that he probably thought it was a Taser of some kind. Knowing the look of the "Gaurdian Angel" I would have thought it to be a taser (I did the first time I Saw it). I think your actions where correct and am glad that there was no need to draw a firearm. Glad everything turned out well.

Stay Safe

Distinguished Member Array randytulsa2's Avatar
    Good result, all around.

Lucky, lucky idiot guy there in the Suburban.

I forgot about the Guardian Angel LTL thing Kimber sells when I first read this and thought you were referring to your .45 as a Guardian Angel :p

Actually glad you weren't pointing a gun at this guy (but couldn't blame you if you did).

He'd of been in a world if hurt if he had showed a weapon of some kind as both of us were armed, I had my Gov't model and my wife was carrying her Gunsite Commander. Thank God it didn't go downhill and this all this due to his being inpatient!!

Poor Ending To A Great Story...

Quote Originally Posted by torrejon224 View Post
    About two hours ago my wife and I were at one of the drive thru Expresso Shops that are practically on every block here. The drive is rather narrow and my Subaru which was in the drive thru lane was blocking a Subarban trying to get around. He finally took a chance and made it thru then jumped out his truck came up to the window and said some choice "obscenities" and proceeded to invite me out of the. At this point he looked in my window and noticed what I was holding in my hand, a Kimber "Guardian Angel". He must have know what it was as he backed off, threw a few more obscenities at us and took off. My wife called 911 and reported it, informed the dispatcher that we both were CCW holders and armed and that this idiot had left when he saw the capiscum "dispenser". They asked if any physical confrontation had transpired, my wife replied no and they stated a record would be made of the incident in case something else happened. My wife had her hand on her Commander the entire time but fortunately nothing happened. There were at least three other people with this clown and I'm sure glad he didn't push his luck. Just goes to show you that anything can happen at any time and you just have to be prepared!! Personally I think he thought that I had a stun gun waiting for him and he didn't feel like being zapped!!
    I wanted to know if those 'dispensers' really work...

Actually, glad things worked out well.
    Good thing he didn't have to see the 'lead' dispenser!

Stay alert...stay armed...stay safe!

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array lowflyer's Avatar
    Thank God everything turned out okay. It's cool that you were both armed. My wife started to express some interest in carrying for the first time today.
    Whatever doesn't kill you postpones the inevitable.

OC and cars

I would imagine that Kimber "spray" would be a lot more effective from inside a car than a plain spray aerosol would be. Less chance of getting a face full of residual chemical. Next thing you know, you can't see to drive away, hit something, etc. The Kimber looks like it would be better for that use. I have two on order.

Lead Moderator
    Sounds like you did good.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Sounds like you ran across one of those many, many mental midgets out there in our world. There are so many people who just think that everything is moving too slow or everyone is trying to screw their day up for some reason. These people have some type of problem that I just have never been able to understand.

Glad it turned out well for you. Good that you and the wife were ccw and ready for trouble.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Distinguished Member Array BIG E's Avatar
    My capiscum "dispenser" dispenses .45's.

I wonder how much faster he would have moved if he had spotted the commander.
    Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft!

-- Theodore Roosevelt --

Glad it worked out ok, but the truth of the matter, if this guy was armed he could have capped you and your wife before you ever knew what was going on. I am glad this wasn't the case, it is a crazy world out there with folks that won't think twice about sending you into eternity.
    Carry On!!
    When Seconds Count, The Cops Are Just Minutes Away!!
    Carry On!
    NCHornet

Quote Originally Posted by NCHornet View Post
    Glad it worked out ok, but the truth of the matter, if this guy was armed he could have capped you and your wife before you ever knew what was going on. I am glad this wasn't the case, it is a crazy world out there with folks that won't think twice about sending you into eternity.
    Carry On!!
    Both my wife and I are retired LEO's and we had been watching this fool the entire time. There is no way he would have gotten the jump on us. We were both armed and my wife had her hand on her gun the entire time. If he had exited his vehicle with a weapon, neither of us would have hesitated. Too many years of training that you never forget. His hands were in plain view the whole time he was mouthing off and she was watching the others in his car!

Glad he did not take it to the next level. Strange how people who have to wait 30 seconds will spend 2 mins. yelling at you for it...

BTW: Could someone post a link to the Kimber Guardian Angel. I tried looking on the Kimber web page but could not find it. Would like to check it out. Thanks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links