Man some people are stupid. Real situation - Page 2

Man some people are stupid. Real situation

This is a discussion on Man some people are stupid. Real situation within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm glad, especially for the boy, that all turned out well. It seems to me that Yuppie Lady, by failing to keep her dog under ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Man some people are stupid. Real situation

I'm glad, especially for the boy, that all turned out well. It seems to me that Yuppie Lady, by failing to keep her dog under control, left herself open to some legal action.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence in their behalf. - George Orwell

Center of the World Ma! Center of the World!
    Good job… some people you just have to shake your head and say “God loves them …because no one else in there right mind does.”
    "Hell of a thing, killin' a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."
    - William Munny (Clint Eastwood in the Unfrogivin)

“The graveyards are full of indispensable men.” – Napoleon Bonaparte

“My Idea of a fair fight is beating baby seals with a club”

Administrator
    Good Job.

People do not realize that when they place their animal into a situation where that animal cannot be completely controlled then they risk the life of that animal or a fat lawsuit if that animal harms another person.

Well Done!

There's got to be a 'merit badge' somewhere for your actions...

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

me
    As said by SIXBRAVO Malmutes are very dangerous. My Great Uncle had one years ago, my father tells the story of the dog (Which had froken a huge chain and ran off) returning home dragging a deer that it had chased down and killed.

Great job
    Mark

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

-James Earl Jones

I had to call back my own dog from an LEO once, but within the confines of my own home not out running willie-nillie off leash. It was actually rather humorous to think about it in retrospect. This poor fellow was like one of those folks you hear Bill Engvall talk about ("Here's Your Sign"). Apparently my neighbors came home from work one afternoon and discovered they had been burglarized. They called the police who in turn came and started their investigations etc... Hence where the problem starts. They had begun going door to door to the close neighbors to ask if anyone had seen anything out of hte ordinary. Our home was in the middle of a 1/2 acre yard with the perimeter surrounded by a chainlink fence. There was a large BOLDED sign on each gate that stated to BEWARE OF DOG with a phone number printed a bit smaller just below it. The dog was a half Siberian Husky half Norwegian Elkhound. Basically one of those odd combinations of a large game hunting dog/protective of one owner to the death type dog. I had trained the dog myself to allow persons we knew in (including the local mail folks, neighbors etc...) to knock/ring the bell at the front door. Anyone else we didn't know was basically a free for all (we lived in a bad neighborhood). Needless to say the officer either didn't read the sign or ignored it. By the time I made it outside after hearing the commotion, the dog was tearing at his arms and had already tore a pretty decent chunk out of his hindquarters and removed his pants. Thankfully they (the LEO's) didn't want to take her down seeing as it was technically the officers own fault.

VIP Member
    Well done ! I am sure you got another batch of cookies coming soon.

I just cannot stand people with dogs that do not train them properly. And I don't care if it is a Bouvier de Flandes or a teacup poodle, you must be responsible for making your dog obey orders and behave as minimum. I am "dogless" right now, but I never had a dog go nuts on its own because it was not trained or restrained. Hell, my cats are trained to walk on a leash and not go out of the house unless they have permission!
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

For dog control, my family has a small dog, but it likes to jump on people and when it gets excited or distracted it will never listen to anyone, even though its fairly well trained. But if it starts doing something you don't like, you make a certain sound and I guess most dogs just hate it and will stop and usually run away and just freaks out. its like a Ttssssssss (haha hard to explain in writing). My mom heard it from a friend who heard it on that show the dog whisperer, well she tried it, and it actually worked. (imagine that). Try it sometime with your dog if its ever acting out. Its worth a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Miggy View Post
    Well done ! I am sure you got another batch of cookies coming soon.

I just cannot stand people with dogs that do not train them properly. And I don't care if it is a Bouvier de Flandes or a teacup poodle, you must be responsible for making your dog obey orders and behave as minimum. I am "dogless" right now, but I never had a dog go nuts on its own because it was not trained or restrained. Hell, my cats are trained to walk on a leash and not go out of the house unless they have permission!
    The dog I listed above was the best dog I ever had. Make no mistake...Even while in attack mode and actively attacking she broke off when I called break. Great dog and very protective of the immediate family...ESPECIALLY children.

VIP Member
    While I love dogs, I detest irresponsible dog owners.

I'm a runner....a couple of weeks ago, I'm running and a couple of guys were walking their dog. I slow down to a walking pace and give them a very wide berth....no matter, Cujo is still in full attack mode. While the guy holding the leash does his part (thereby not totally qualifying as a "irresponsible" dog owner) and hanks hard away from me, he starts laughing like an idiot as if scaring me half to death is funny.

Sheesh.
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

VIP Member Array peacefuljeffrey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kairo View Post
    During the fray, my shirt came untucked, and my piece was displayed for all the world to see, but thankfully nobody made a mention of it. Shooting either of the dogs never entered my mind. It's not something I'd ever do--especially with a kid around.
    I don't understand your resoluteness when you say that shooting a dog is something you'd never do.

Never?

It seems I don't go three weeks without reading of a child -- or even an adult -- being mauled to death by a dog around her (or elsewhere in the U.S.).

What are you saying? That you care so much for dogs that you wouldn't shoot one to stop its vicious attack on a human being? And that you're more worried about the mental-image scarring it would have on a kid who sees it happen? What of the mental-image scarring that would result if, by your refusal to shoot a dog, some teenaged girl had her throat torn out and her scalp torn off?

I'm afraid I'm just not with you on this "can't shoot a dog, ever" thing.

Kid was mauled the other week, according to the local paper.
    A few months back, a woman was killed by her own pit bull, which her boyfriend and family all had told her she should get rid of because it was vicious.

There was that woman in SanFran, killed in grisly fashion by two Presa Canarios -- the owners of which were scumbag lawyers who were callously indifferent, by all accounts, to what their dogs had done.

I'd have no problem shooting a vicious dog that was attacking, any more than I would a vicious scumbag criminal who was harming someone. These are things that MUST be stopped.

Quote Originally Posted by SixBravo View Post
    Wow. You're a credit, sir. When I was a manager at Starbucks, we had a Malmute suddenly turn on a woman and latch onto her jacket. One of our regulars was at the bar waiting for his drink. He saw what happened and - no joke - tackled the dog and restrained it. The owner was hitting the guy while he was holding the animal. I called 911 and they responded rather fast and restrained the woman.

The dog had calmed by this point but the guy wouldn't let go. Animal control did show up and took the dog. I heard later from the same guy that the dog had to be destroyed because the owner had a record of letting the animal get out of control.

If I were him, I would certainly have pressed charges against her for battery. That, and especially after I found out that she had a history of keeping a vicious animal. I would have seen that the charges were prosecuted to the hilt. I probably would have sent her a nice note to gloat about her dog. Irresponsible people don't get my sympathy. Callously irresponsible people get my contempt and scorn.

Quote Originally Posted by srfl View Post
    While the guy holding the leash does his part (thereby not totally qualifying as a "irresponsible" dog owner) and hanks hard away from me, he starts laughing like an idiot as if scaring me half to death is funny.
    I was out on my inline skates one day and rounded a corner of a block. At one house on the outside of my turn, there was a middle-aged guy doing some yardwork, and a medium-sized dog was out there. Immediately upon seeing me, the dog took off across the yard and started barking like it was going to attack. (Might have been a cocker spaniel, surely was no doberman or pit bull.)

Now, I had my Glock with me but it was packed on my back in my Camelback MULE. Inaccessible. But I was holding an 18" ASP baton in my strong hand. Up it went, and was poised as I set myself for the impending dog attack.

The guy noticed the dog running at me and barking, and hollered at it. Fortunately (mostly for the dog) it did stop on command. I was still there poised; I collected myself quickly and began to skate off in my intended direction.

In an annoyed voice, I shouted over to the man as I left, "GOOD WAY TO LOSE A DOG!" and left it at that. Maybe he'll think, next time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links