Can ISIS come here? What would happen and how would we react?

This is a discussion on Can ISIS come here? What would happen and how would we react? within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Mods, hope this is in the right forum! In light of the recent attacks by radical Muslims, I wondered if this was actually part of ...

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree217Likes

Thread: Can ISIS come here? What would happen and how would we react?

Mods, hope this is in the right forum!

In light of the recent attacks by radical Muslims, I wondered if this was actually part of ISIS's plan. That led me to this book. The Day of Wrath by William R Forstchen. This is not a feel good book where we kick butt and all is well. It is well thought out and could happen in some form. It's a novella so be prepared to read it in one or two sittings. It left me thinking.

It reads like it was written by one of DC's members. The author is definitely one of us.
    GentlemanJim likes this.
    “Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.”
    ~Sheriff Jim Wilson

In the book, the writer explains how our laws protect the "rights" of these people and explains how the police and military show up way too late to do anything about these attacks. There are a few heroes who decide to react rather than report and in that respect, some justice is served. The book offers a glimpse into the mindset of these jihadists and those who control them.
    “Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.”
    ~Sheriff Jim Wilson

"Can ISIS come here? What would happen and how would we react?"

Is it possible for an attacker who's ideologically motivated to come to a country to wreak havoc on folks? Sure. IMO, the U.S. is no different, except for perhaps the ease with which a person can enter and exit at will (if he knows the system).

Would that person have a high chance of success? You betcha. Pick a lightly- to non-defended target, and have at 'em. School, Times Square, a commuter train terminal at rush hour, whatever.

How would folks react? Many would do a great rendition of the sheep they are, of course. Many would lash out via grousing at their elected bureaucrats who didn't save them. Some very few would, I believe, be made of sterner stuff and show it.

Hard to tell whether any 100 such assailants would be likely to meet the "sterner" types. I'm betting most, on average, would meet mostly sheep. Same as everyone else in the U.S., on a daily basis.

Though, that's all just a guess.
    Last edited by ccw9mm; October 26th, 2014 at 10:59 AM. Reason: spelling
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Yeah they can get here. And like any criminals given any choice will target the fleece, where its grown and avoid areas where folks dont scare so easy.
    manolito likes this.
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

With the internet recruiting, and our lax border security, sad to even think it, but they're most likely already here. When or how they act is the question.
    Sister, ccw9mm, Stevew and 7 others like this.

Master of the Tactical Back Flip
    Internet Gun Expert

I've got the feeling they're already here... Just waiting for the time to show themselves..
    Sister, Stevew, Struckat and 4 others like this.
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

One of the planned attacks in the book was to load three attackers in a car. One driver, two shooters. Drive down the highway and spray other cars causing them to crash. Tractor trailers were prized targets. One group drove over 100 miles before they were stopped. They were stopped by a group of civilians. Because they didn't care if they died, they took chances that most criminals wouldn't take and because of that they were successful. I gotta tell you, I'm a skeptical person and look for the improbable in everything I watch and read. This was written with a lot of forethought. Scared the poo out of me because I could see most of it happening.

ccw, the author followed your thinking. No major cities, just small communities and coordinated attacks by small groups all across the country. Because of the media, the whole country was in shock within a couple of hours.
    CLASS3NH likes this.
    ~Sheriff Jim Wilson

I believe they're already here. Remain vigilant. These people celebrate terror and destruction. Our government isn't going to help you or your family....workplace violence you know.
    CLASS3NH, Stevew, virg and 3 others like this.
    “Today is victory over yourself of yesterday; tomorrow is your victory over lesser men.”
    ― Miyamoto Musashi, A Book of Five Rings: The Classic Guide to Strategy

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by notavictim View Post
    {snip}
    ccw, the author followed your thinking. No major cities, just small communities and coordinated attacks by small groups all across the country. Because of the media, the whole country was in shock within a couple of hours.
    Isn't that already happening now, you know....... "work place violence"?
    Matthew 10:33

But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.

~ Jesus ~

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 47Gabe View Post
    I believe they're already here. Remain vigilant. These people celebrate terror and destruction. Our government isn't going to help you or your family....workplace violence you know.
    Ha! Great minds think alike
    47Gabe, CLASS3NH, Eric357 and 1 others like this.
    Matthew 10:33

But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.

~ Jesus ~

What concerns me are the US citizen crazies that seek out ISIS. A month or so ago I read an article that stated there were approximately 400 people identified by the FBI. That number seems more like the tip of the iceberg (with a real number probably 5x - 10x greater), and last week I read something that did not list numbers but did mention that we lost track of about half those people. They could easily get back into the country, especially if they only visit "safe" destinations.

So, here's the part that bothers me. These people could be infected (possibly unwittingly) with Ebola or some other virus that takes 2-3 weeks to become symptomatic. They could be sent to any large city and told to wait, and once they started having a fever (or whatever was relevant to what they were infected with) have them go shopping, go out to eat, even go to a hospital. A small number of homegrown extremists could potentially do a lot of damage.

It doesn't seem that far fetched or extremely difficult to execute, and unfortunately we are probably unprepared to deal with a large scale bio-terrorism event.

Quote Originally Posted by cn262 View Post
    What concerns me are the US citizen crazies that seek out ISIS. A month or so ago I read an article that stated there were approximately 400 people identified by the FBI. That number seems more like the tip of the iceberg (with a real number probably 5x - 10x greater), and last week I read something that did not list numbers but did mention that we lost track of about half those people. They could easily get back into the country, especially if they only visit "safe" destinations.

So, here's the part that bothers me. These people could be infected (possibly unwittingly) with Ebola or some other virus that takes 2-3 weeks to become symptomatic. They could be sent to any large city and told to wait, and once they started having a fever (or whatever was relevant to what they were infected with) have them go shopping, go out to eat, even go to a hospital. A small number of homegrown extremists could potentially do a lot of damage.

It doesn't seem that far fetched or extremely difficult to execute, and unfortunately we are probably unprepared to deal with a large scale bio-terrorism event.
    makes us crazy preppers seem like we're on to something huh?
    “Today is victory over yourself of yesterday; tomorrow is your victory over lesser men.”
    ― Miyamoto Musashi, A Book of Five Rings: The Classic Guide to Strategy

What would happen? Well, if I'm ever in the proximity of a terrorist doing something, I'll be glad to give us the story.
    But I can imagine a few things very possible, and none would bode well for the caveman/raghead radical.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

Haven't read the book yet, Question? are Churches attacked by 2 or 3 AK armed terrorist and if so how did the congregation react-of course it is only fiction?

Schools and churches are my biggest concerns, multiple attacks on the same day all across this country would be a real game changer.
    NOT LIVING IN FEAR, JUST READY!!!
    I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness,
    nor the arrow for its swiftness,
    nor the warrior for his glory.
    I love only that which they defend.
    -J.R.R. Tolkien

Quote Originally Posted by searcher 45 View Post
    Haven't read the book yet, Question? are Churches attacked by 2 or 3 AK armed terrorist and if so how did the congregation react-of course it is only fiction?

Schools and churches are my biggest concerns, multiple attacks on the same day all across this country would be a real game changer.
    The attacks were mostly on middle schools in rural areas. It caused a panic across the country when parents raced to the schools and attempted to gain entry. The terrorists were well armed with plenty of ammo. They even placed fake IED's with old cell phones taped to them to slow the response. It all was chillingly well thought out. If the author could think of it, someone else could...or has.

He's the guy who wrote about what would happen if an EMP pulse were to hit the country. One Second After, I believe.
    ~Sheriff Jim Wilson

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links