Mall Shooting in NY

Mall Shooting in NY

This is a discussion on Mall Shooting in NY within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp.../mall_shooting Variation on the When the balloon goes up thread. Lone gunman shoots up the Best Buy in the Mall. Unarmed citizens subdue him when ...

Thread: Mall Shooting in NY

VIP Member

Mall Shooting in NY

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp.../mall_shooting

Variation on the When the balloon goes up thread. Lone gunman shoots up the Best Buy in the Mall. Unarmed citizens subdue him when he runs out of ammo.

-Scott-
    Last edited by Scott; February 13th, 2005 at 09:04 PM.

Wow. That is crazy. Thanks for sharing Scott. The wife and I were discussing what ifs today, and this came up as I told her abotu the What if the Balloon goes up thread. Adds validity.

Anyone think of another "fat fetched" scenario, please post it.

~A
    Fave Quotes

The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live!!!

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
    Edmund Burke

The worst thing in this world, next to anarchy, is government.
    Henry Ward Beecher

Administrator

Scott

Thanks for posting the story.
    I hate to read doggone stories like that though.
    It eats away a bit more of my stomach lining every time I read about a total "nut case" with a gun.
    Kudos to the "Sporting Goods Workers" that took him down.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Membership Revoked Array clubsoda22's Avatar
    My response is completely different for this. in the "balloon" thread you are in a crowd encountering multiple opponents armed with assault rifles. Collateral damage is acceptable. In this situation it is not. Utilize cover and concealment and drop this guy ASAP. In this situation i'd render aid to the injured. In the other situation i'd fight my way out of the hot zone and escape.

VIP Member
    As always happens this was initially reported as multiple shooters and at multiple locations. Basically the scenario in the balloon goes up thread. Only the people on the ground will know for sure. Hopefully this isn't a test run for terrorists or that it gives them any ideas.

-Scott-

Just Another nut ball on the loose.. No one armed huh?? opps for got its NY only the bad guys are armed

What I don't get with these mass shooting dudes is they apparently are unable to carry reloads for their firearms.

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy they don't seem to have a clue, but the amount of injury with an AK against unarmed targets says something about the American psycho-marksmanship quotient in this day and age.

I'm reminded of the marksmanship lecture in "Full Metal Jacket" for some reason - glad the shooter wasn't a Marine. :)

Lead Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott
    As always happens this was initially reported as multiple shooters and at multiple locations. Basically the scenario in the balloon goes up thread. Only the people on the ground will know for sure. Hopefully this isn't a test run for terrorists or that it gives them any ideas.

-Scott-
    The terrorists don't need this to give them ideas. I read a novel about 6 months ago with a simolar idea. A small group of terrorists (I think it was 4) targeting an large mall in Northern Virginia. They just split up and started shooting........... Made for interesting reading. :sport21:

Of course if they had been smart, they'd have done it in Maryland, where there is almost no chance of anyone shooting back!
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

we don't need to give them ideas. look at israel.

Quote Originally Posted by rfurtkamp
    What I don't get with these mass shooting dudes is they apparently are unable to carry reloads for their firearms.

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy they don't seem to have a clue, but the amount of injury with an AK against unarmed targets says something about the American psycho-marksmanship quotient in this day and age.

I'm reminded of the marksmanship lecture in "Full Metal Jacket" for some reason - glad the shooter wasn't a Marine. :)
    More good reasons to get professional training, so if the shooter is a whacked out marine, you still have a good chance. Not nececcarily a marine either, have you seen video of these al queda training camps? They look pretty hardcore.

Thumbs down Aq Hardcore? Not!

Quote Originally Posted by clubsoda22
    Not nececcarily a marine either, have you seen video of these al queda training camps? They look pretty hardcore.
    Actually they look amateur as hell to me. Heck if that's the best they can offer in the arena of firearms and buildings or built up areas....my IDPA club can clean them up pretty quick. I've seen most of those so called training videos and they don't move well, or use cover and concealment. They have no fire discipline and nobody is covering while others are reloading. I actually think these videos are more for propaganda purposes to warn the infidels.....
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

That was the book by Tom Clancy? I really think it's going to happen pretty much in a similar fashion, when things pop for real.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

That and/or recuiting films. They always remind me of the films the Soviets used to release to the west. We would be forced to watch them in OPFOR briefings. I always thought that if I had to watch another Soviet soldier dive through fire while shooting his AK I was going to puke.

As to Clancy Books(not movies), "The Sum of All Fears", scared the heck outta me.
    People sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to violence on their behalf.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post
    Yahoo! News - Latest News & Headlines

Variation on the When the balloon goes up thread. Lone gunman shoots up the Best Buy in the Mall. Unarmed citizens subdue him when he runs out of ammo.

-Scott-
    Luckily he only had 7 rounds before reloading.
    Semper Fi til I Die

Glock 29 10mm

Administrator
    Very old news. Closed.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Links