Home Invasion Advice.....or NOT!

This is a discussion on Home Invasion Advice.....or NOT! within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Local News Advises Residents To Play Dead During Home Invasion Who makes some of this stuff up?????...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree120Likes

Thread: Home Invasion Advice.....or NOT!

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar

Phaedrus likes this.
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black in S. FL.
    Oh, you'll play dead all right, for a lot longer than one plans.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Senior Moderator
    Play dead? Yeah right...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member

I will not comply.

What a bunch of morons.

Reminds me of the Illinois State Police website that told women that were about to be raped to vomit on themselves and to pee or poo themselves to gross out the rapist. That was all they had for self defense, nothing about using any weapon whatsoever.

The far left nutjobs would like everyone to be pacifists and to just roll over and accept whatever abuse the criminals met out. Fighting back is a trait of independence and they cannot have those ideas floating around. You must call 911 and wait for the government to come save you...sheesh.

Distinguished Member Array cn262's Avatar
    Maybe they're expecting your home to be invaded by a bunch of bears. Who knows...

VIP Member
    Personally, I'd rather let the home invaders play dead and just in case they are method actors I'll help 'em prepare as best I can.
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

Distinguished Member Array cn262's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RScottie View Post
    I will not comply.

What a bunch of morons.

Reminds me of the Illinois State Police website that told women that were about to be raped to vomit on themselves and to pee or poo themselves to gross out the rapist. That was all they had for self defense, nothing about using any weapon whatsoever.

The far left nutjobs would like everyone to be pacifists and to just roll over and accept whatever abuse the criminals met out. Fighting back is a trait of independence and they cannot have those ideas floating around. You must call 911 and wait for the government to come save you...sheesh.
    I thought that was Colorado. Either way, bad advice.
    Sky Pilot and .45acpguy like this.

VIP Member
    I have no problem with what was offered up, since they specifically stated the advice did not mention firearms, which is its own category of response. All advice for the unarmed sheep.
    TX expat and CIBMike like this.
    "There's something in me I can't describe. It's as if I saw a strange darkness before me, into which I must go."
    Viktor Woellert

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    I have no problem with what was offered up, since they specifically stated the advice did not mention firearms, which is its own category of response. All advice for the unarmed sheep.
    Yeah, that's a good point and it does make the whole thing rather humorous. Here's three minutes of dumb stuff you can do so you can fool yourself into believing that you might be prepared if someone invades your home... or you can just be ready to defend yourself with a firearm. One will probably work. One will probably not. Your choice.
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

Just have to say, as long as I don't have a heart attack and am still breathing, I'm shooting.

Distinguished Member Array SCXDm9's Avatar
    you get what you pay for. ..
    Sky Pilot likes this.
    Things gun forums have taught me:
    -Some people shoot guns others "run" them.
    -I don't dislike Glocks but often dislike Glock owners.
    -Open carry is to a handgun as bluetooth is to a cell phone!
    -Simple math can deliver posts per day... some gun forum members need to get out more!!!

I put a sign on the door saying that I don't have anything valuable so don't rob me at my new place. So far it's worked. I didn't have the sign a few houses back and I got robbed twice. Lol
    RScottie likes this.

Maybe they're advocating population control to thin the heard of morons and anti-gun sheeple? If so, play opossum freely when that tweaker is kicking your door in at 2:00am...we need a lot less liberal voters.
    oldranger53 likes this.
    “Today is victory over yourself of yesterday; tomorrow is your victory over lesser men.”
    ― Miyamoto Musashi, A Book of Five Rings: The Classic Guide to Strategy

VIP Member
    The posters to the article have me peeing my pants.

Smiddywesson • 2 days ago

I have a spare lampshade near my bedside to put on my head and disappear in case my $2200 professionally tuned Saiga-12 that can pump out eight single O buck in 2.1 seconds (96 friggin .30 caliber pellets) happens to jam.

Everybody needs a backup plan.

Just One Moment
    Why not leave a plate of cookies out for them? That will give them the quick energy they need to brutally rape your daughter while slapping her face til she blacks out. And it will help them to hold down your 16 year old son while they are cutting his genitals off in front of the whole family! Make a family day of it!!! EEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!

Hugh Richard Williams > XonXoff • 2 days ago
    Do you keep a glass of water by your bed to give to the intruders after you give them your pills?

14 △ ▽

guest > Hugh Richard Williams • 2 days ago

Good idea. Give them a glass of water afterwards and if they don't spring a leak, they might need more pills :-)

Winston > middle man • 2 days ago

lol funny.

Kill'em, rob'em, burn their clothes and IDs. Put the body on ice in bath tub, then place a call to your local Russian mafia and sell the body on the black-market as organ donors are needed.

Sploops, my dark side came out. Dont wanna come in to my house uninvited for shizzel

Nikki • 2 days ago

Play dead my ass. I'll be too busy redecorating my house with a fresh coat of red. It'll be fully environmentally conscious, all natural paint, provided by your friendly neighborhood intruder.

23 △ ▽

Smiddywesson > Nikki • 2 days ago

It ain't a gun fight unless you have to replace your kitchen cabinets
    BurgerBoy likes this.
    I would rather die with good men than hide with cowards
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy."

M&Pc .357sig, 2340Sigpro .357sig

VIP Member
    There certainly are situation where pretending to be asleep or "play dead" could work. I know someone who "slept" through a burglary of
    his hotel room. He'd probably have been hurt if he had let the robber know he was awake.

The advice isn't totally useless, just near useless in too many situation.

I don't know how many stories I've read here and on the various news stories where the BG is said to have entered through an unlocked
    door.

Why people remain careless about locking doors is beyond my understanding. LOCK THE DANG DOORS.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links