Increase in home invasions targeting Hispanics in Nashville

This is a discussion on Increase in home invasions targeting Hispanics in Nashville within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Now...neither the wife or I are Hispanic, but I don't trust the BGs to keep ethnic profiling. The last one happened WAY to close to ...

Thread: Increase in home invasions targeting Hispanics in Nashville

Now...neither the wife or I are Hispanic, but I don't trust the BGs to keep ethnic profiling. The last one happened WAY to close to home. Condition Yellow in full effect. Weapons are within EASY reach at all times. All doors and windows are shut and locked at ALL times. ALL outside lights are on. I also instructed my wife to actually LOOK out the window NOT beside the door before opening the door and not to hold the 68 pound dog back too much. Yes...I know they are all common sense things to do all the time...my the love of my life grew up in the country and sometimes forgets that she's in the city now :-)
    One of the other stories on this spate of home invasions mentioned "rifles with curved magazines" (sounds like an AK to me)
    The last sentence is also rather interesting

Metro Police are investigating another home invasion in Nashville's Hispanic community. The latest robbery happened in Antioch Monday night, but it may not be related to the others.
    It's still possible the most recent case could be related to the others, but it appears to be a copy cat crime. Police didn't go into detail, but they said there are distinct differences between the one that happened Monday night and the others.
    Detectives could be trying to track down more than one set of robbers.
    Metro Police said four armed men forced their way through the garage and into the home on Bowfield Court. The suspects robbed a Hispanic man and woman. No one was hurt.
    The home invasions are big news not only in Nashville's main stream media, but also on Spanish-speaking channels like Telefutura.
    Telefutura news anchor Eva Melo said the biggest problem is that many Hispanic residents, especially undocumented workers, carry cash and criminals know it.
    "They don't have a social [security number.] They can't really go to court in terms of getting their money back and they're afraid to call police," Melo said.
    She said they're afraid of being deported.
    Metro Police is trying to encourage Hispanics to call in crimes. Officer Juan Borges runs a program called El Protector. The bilingual officer's job is to educate the Spanish-speaking community about the police department.
    "One of the things the police department is trying to do especially in the El Protector program is to make sure that we let people know that the police department is not going to deport anyone. We're here to serve the community in general," Borges said.
    Police officers in the El Protector program will be on Spanish radio stations later this week to talk about the home invasions.
    Police are still looking for four suspects in the most recent home invasion. Police believe the earlier home invasions are related to each other, and are looking for three suspects in those crimes.
    Police linked the home invasion to at least nine others in the south Nashville and Hermitage areas. Including last night, there have been two sexual assaults.
    Police said the attackers wear ski masks. Some of the victims said they've heard them speak to each other in Arabic.

Some of the victims said they've heard them speak to each other in Arabic.
    Remember the Iraqi National Elections were held in Nashville? There is the highest concentration of Iraqi Kurds in the USA in Nashville. Other cities may have more Muslims or Arabs but Nashville has the largest expatriate Iraqi group. They have taken over the junk yard business pretty much.

If it is indeed true that they or other Muslims are turning to home invasions it is surprising. But it isn't surprising that Hispanics are being targeted. They get paid in cash, they pay their employees in cash and according to a radio show today more than 95% of cocaine in this country comes through Mexico rather than the old Caribbean pipeline.

One more reason to carry a gun here in the South.

Sponsored Links