TV show: Most Shocking Robberies & Holdups

This is a discussion on TV show: Most Shocking Robberies & Holdups within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Was on last night on CourtTV. Didn't get to watch it all, but dang! About the third story in, this hooded and masked BG walks ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TV show: Most Shocking Robberies & Holdups

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar

Was on last night on CourtTV. Didn't get to watch it all, but dang!

About the third story in, this hooded and masked BG walks up beside a customer at a convenience store counter and sticks his snubbie in the clerk's face, completely ignoring the customer. She backed away and retreated from HIS rear. BG keeps demanding money but doesn't give the clerk time to pay up. Fires a few shots, one of which blows out the clerk's spleen. Then the BG bugged out poor. The dude looked REALLY HIGH on something, but I can't help wishing the customer had been armed. She had a perfect shot at his hard drive.

Hope this one gets repeated. Good training into the criminal mindset.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

I saw the same show. I couldn't believe the bad guy let the customer go. It's too bad that the customer wasn't an off duty LEO or a ccw that could have taken this scum bag out. It's too bad the clerk was shot. This just goes to show you that this kind of scum dosen't care who's life he snuffs out.

Assistant Administrator
    Apart from the ''don't care if I kill you'' types of BG - there seems to be a breed also that carry and fire a gun - as if the bang is all that counts - forgetting projectiles come out and hurt people.

That guy described had to have been high on - something.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom G View Post
    I saw the same show. I couldn't believe the bad guy let the customer go. It's too bad that the customer wasn't an off duty LEO or a ccw that could have taken this scum bag out. It's too bad the clerk was shot. This just goes to show you that this kind of scum dosen't care who's life he snuffs out.
    So if YOU were there and backed up behind the BG and you had your gun (of course you do ), do you shoot them in the back of the head BEFORE or AFTER the BG shoots the clerk? Or do you yell "DROP YOUR GUN SCUMBAG!!" or as I read on another post yell "STOP PLU-EZE" to make it sound like Police but you have deniability in court that you were impersonating a cop.

Quote Originally Posted by TechGuy View Post
    So if YOU were there and backed up behind the BG and you had your gun (of course you do ), do you shoot them in the back of the head BEFORE or AFTER the BG shoots the clerk? Or do you yell "DROP YOUR GUN SCUMBAG!!" or as I read on another post yell "STOP PLU-EZE" to make it sound like Police but you have deniability in court that you were impersonating a cop.
    If it was me, I'd draw yell "HEY!" and when he turns he has about quarter of a second to make it clear he's putting the gun down or he's dead. There is no time to screw around with demanding he drop the gun (or pretending to be a cop), the life of the clerk could very well hang in the balance.

The instant he pointed the gun at the clerk he's in the commission of a violent felony and in most states you have the absolute right to use lethal force to stop someone in the commission of a violent felony.

I record all these type of shows on the courtTV channel each week. Pay close attention to them, you can learn quite a bit from the shows. Also pay attention to how many people are completely in condition white, unaware of any dangers.. EVEN when someone walks in with a gun right next to them demanding money. The people just continue their purchase, waiting for their change.. their alert level doesn't even go up.

Watching these shows was a big factor in why I got my CCW. Makes you realize that a LOT of stuff goes on all across this country and that it could happen to you at any time.

Distinguished Member Array lowflyer's Avatar
    So if YOU were there and backed up behind the BG and you had your gun (of course you do ), do you shoot them in the back of the head BEFORE or AFTER the BG shoots the clerk?
    Before if the opportunity presents itself. Where I live, the pointing of the gun at the clerk justifies use of deadly force.

Or do you yell "DROP YOUR GUN SCUMBAG!!" or as I read on another post yell "STOP PLU-EZE" to make it sound like Police but you have deniability in court that you were impersonating a cop.
    I would not necessarily say or yell anything, but it is hard to know for sure until it happens. I just know that I would not feel obligated to warn the BG.
    Whatever doesn't kill you postpones the inevitable.

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    This one has me second guessing myself, which is an inherently unhealthy thing to do when fractions of a second count.

Do you immediately go for the incapacitating shot?
    Do you give a command first?
    Do you do both at the same time?

I used to say take the shot, but now I am wondering what several of the people's servants would think. In the situation in the video, the customer can make her getaway, as the suspect is completely ignoring her. So will the investigating officer, state attorney, etc. give me a pat on the back for skimming the gene pool, or will they think that I have intentionally executed one of society's castaways? After all, they will have the audio & video right there to prove I didn't give fair warning and could have escaped.

Video was a God send to LEOs that were being accused of things they didn't do, but as cameras AND AUDIO become more commonplace, I can sure see how they could be used against CCWers.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

I've ran this through my mind before also. If you shoot first does that shot cause the BG to shoot the clerk out of reflex, that would be my greatest fear then I think a DA wanting to get some points may try to go after you or atleast his family might saying you're the reason the BG shot the clerk, saying all they wanted was the money. I kind of like the HEY! approach, hoping the BG turns around taking the gun off the clerk(in this scenerio no one else is in the store)then I shoot. I don't feel I need to say anything else and begging him to put the gun down. Once the BG showed he had the balls to pull out a lethal weapon in my mind he has shown me I need to fear for my life because I have no idea what he is capable of but has given me an visual indication of what he's willing to do and I will do what I must to lessen that fear. The BG has already committed a felony when he tried to rob the place and pulled his gun. What if I tried to run out and he shoots me in the back?

As far as the camera I think it says it all BG comes in pulls a gun, GG shoots him, no verbal needed. I'd hate for in the heat of the moment to say die mf'er or something like that. Guess it depends on your state

Quote Originally Posted by Daps View Post
    ...I kind of like the HEY! approach, hoping the BG turns around taking the gun off the clerk(in this scenerio no one else is in the store)then I shoot. ...
    Couldn't doing this be just as likely to startle the BG and cause him to squeeze the trigger and shoot the clerk?
    ... and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. - Luke 22:36

Ruger Alaskan 454, Ruger P89DC, H&K USP 45 Tactical, H&K USP 45 Compact Tactical, H&K USPc 40, Taurus 44, Taurus 617, G20, G36, G27, S&W 340PD, Sig P229, Benelli M1 Tactical, Ruger Mini-14 Ranch Rifle.

Ex Member Array one eyed fatman's Avatar
    Some people here watch to many movies. If a perp has a gun pointed at someone you shoot them in the back. No yelling (like in the movies), no warning (like in the movies). Just do it and save a life. Of course some states will want to prosecute you for this so read and know your state laws first. Then shoot that SOB. If your state wants to prosecute you for than then you live in the wrong state.

If it's just another "reality" type show that focuses on the shock value, it will have much success but be just as worthless as most other, similar junk.

Seeing how terrible something can be is all fine and dandy. Hell, I can drive to any crime scene to get the scoop on how they die. But there would be far greater value to seeing how to live, to see what can be done to deal with such situations. You know, a focus on those who had something to say when the chips were down, as opposed to focusing on those who were merely able to stick their thumbs somewhere unpleasant as they were attacked. More importantly, a reasonable amount of analysis and basic common sense about how to actually resist and respond, with the presented cases as fuel. It could turn a questionable entertainment piece into something of value.

TV show: Your Money Or Your Life -- Justifiable Self-Defense Situations
    Now, that would be something.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Quote Originally Posted by TechGuy View Post
    You don't take any chances. You blow his head off. After that, everyone is safe.

Quote Originally Posted by one eyed fatman View Post
    Some people here watch to many movies. If a perp has a gun pointed at someone you shoot them in the back. No yelling (like in the movies), no warning (like in the movies). Just do it and save a life. Of course some states will want to prosecute you for this so read and know your state laws first. Then shoot that SOB. If your state wants to prosecute you for than then you live in the wrong state.
    The guy is committing a forceful felony, threatening the life of another.I don't think any jurisdiction could find fault with you. Just to be safe, after giving the cops the on-the-surface details, clam up and ask for an attorney.

For me it is easy, back up half a step or so, draw gun, place right behind back of perps head and press trigger. Then, call police and wait.

I'm not sure what the big indecision is. I am not going to sit there and watch an innocent person (the clerk) be shot a possibly murdered for $50. I couldn't live with myself.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links