Wife in store, you waiting in the car w/ 3yr old

This is a discussion on Wife in store, you waiting in the car w/ 3yr old within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Same scenario I posted a while back about the very same thing. Some great responses there. (Not trying to horn in on your post BTW.) ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wife in store, you waiting in the car w/ 3yr old

Same scenario I posted a while back about the very same thing. Some great responses there. (Not trying to horn in on your post BTW.)

It is a tough call. The only thing that you really can do is call 911 immediately and hope and pray for the best.

Too many here have made the notion of get the wife to get a permit. This tells me one of two things: either they are very lucky and have a spouse that is open to concealed carry, or they are not married.

My wife in particular does not share the opinion of any of us here. No matter how hard I try to get her to understand any of this she just doesn't. She understands that there are BG's out there. She just doesn't feel that she is capable of shooting a person. Believe me, we have discussed this ad nauseam.

2. Remove Ads

me
    Quote Originally Posted by purple88yj View Post
    She just doesn't feel that she is capable of shooting a person. Believe me, we have discussed this ad nauseam.
    If I may say, your wife saying this and deciding not to carry IMO is a great idea. It is my belief that if someone, whoever they are, feels this way they are better off to not carry because then they introdice a gun into every situation they are in which is useless for their safety.

YMMV
    Mark

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

-James Earl Jones

Lead Moderator
    since she wishes not to carry,insist she carry her phone as well as plan a exit strategy. If you have a plan, see trouble, she should be able to exit a fire door and clear the building.
    I also agree, if she does not feel comfortable carrying, better she not do so.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Kid comes first. Your wife chooses to be unarmed. Call 911, be a good witness and keep the baby safe.

Don't feel the lone ranger, this is a weekly conversation with my fiancee. We're now at the "just as soon as stage", where she says I'll go take the class as soon as the babies born/ I'm outta school/you don't work so much/the bills are caught up blah blah blah.

Stay safe.
    We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.
    George Orwell

Get Out Of The Area...

Keep the kid safe...call 911...watch for accomplices...be a good witness...write it all down...

Stay armed...stay safe!

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array Dakotaranger's Avatar
    With a car load of BG's in the store your not going to be able to fight your way into protect your wife, and you could leave your 3 yr old an orphan if you go in.

This would be one of those situations that your not going to feel better about. At this point your priority is going to be the kid. IF the car is in clear view move the car and call the PD and be a good witness. This is one of those times even the most ardent atheist ceases to be an athesist... so prayer is the only other option (not to get into trouble)
    "[T]he people are not to be disarmed of their weapons.
    They are left in full possession of them."

Zacharia Johnson (speech in the Virginia Ratifying Convention,25 June 1778)"The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." ~Alexander Hamilton

Don't let your wife shop at Old Navy!! Only let her shop a Cato's, it will save you a lot of money and nobody ever robs a Cato's!!
    When Seconds Count, The Cops Are Just Minutes Away!!
    Carry On!
    NCHornet

Quote Originally Posted by lowflyer View Post
    Call 911, sit tight. Hope wife can take care of herself. If you go in, you risk orphaning the 3 y/o.
    Bingo.

It would be irresponsible to go in after the wife leaving a 3 yr. old alone in the car...and exposing your child to having zero parents than potentially just one.

Child > Wife > *.World

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

This is another thing I like about this forum. You guys dream up scenarios that require that we do more than shoot the well marked bad guy at 21 feet from our favorite stance.

This one is a no win situation. But when you chose to have children, you are taking on the responsibility to keep them safe at all costs.

My biggest problem would be that my wife doesn't carry (yet. I'm working on it). She is a tough woman and while I know she wouldn't try to be a hero, I also know that if she saw a child in danger, she would react; armed or not.

If I had little ones in the car, my first responsibility would be to get them to safety.

The realities are that by the time you got the little ones to safety, the situation would be over; for good or bad.

The prayer idea would not go amiss.
    fortiter in re, suaviter in modo (resolutely in action, gently in manner).

As much as I'd like to be Rambo, and run in to save the beutiful damsel in distress...

Wife carries, and, we've an understanding... Whomever can, gets the kid/s the heck out of there ASAP....

She'd have to handle her own, same as I would, roles reversed.

Good thing about cellphones, however... (***GET OUT, NOW! ROBBERY!***) etc.
    Where's the best place to apply for your Ohio CHL?
    Find out at http://ccwhen.com! (Now with Chat!)

Единственная реальная власть приходит из длинней винтовки.

I had this discussion with my wife years ago. She is on her own. The kids saftey comes first.

Suggestion call the wife first on her cell. Give her a heads up. then 911 as you put distance with your car.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links