Ohio Pizza Beating: What would you have done? - Page 2

Ohio Pizza Beating: What would you have done?

This is a discussion on Ohio Pizza Beating: What would you have done? within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Yeah, I dig the being bullied thing. In grade and middle school, and in the 9th grade, I was the only white (can I say ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ohio Pizza Beating: What would you have done?

Yeah, I dig the being bullied thing. In grade and middle school, and in the 9th grade, I was the only white (can I say that?) kid on the bus that went thru the 'crak capitol' of the world - Wimauma. So yeah, I would also try to help our hapless victim, but with diversionary tactics-cell phone call that Kong could hear. Maybe, just maybe a little 'hot sauce and shoe shine', but I dunno. I've got a wife and 2 kids, every decision I make will affect them, maybe for the rest of thier lives. And my life could be very short if dude gets his mits on me. I got no shame in admitting I'm outclassed by that guy. Bro, I hope you didnt take my statement about your kick not working to mean you dont know how to kick. Your training obviously means you do. But, my pops works the jail at Orient Road in Ybor City, and there are cats in there that after having been thru the system are so muscled up and trained to take pain, that its unreal what it takes to put one down. Pops can tell stories of guys withstanding oc foam, and beatings that should kill most men. I just meant that if your kick was slightly off, he's coming to you and you now are innit to winnit.
    Have you got Gutmacher's book? Should be in any gunny shop out there.
    I have never been to Miami. Do I gotta wear a shoulder rig, Wayferers, and smoke Camels?

Dan

The one reason why I have many LEO friends who prefer to do Felony traffic stops than domestic calls.

On a side note, JD, great post up above. Very well illustrated and I like the comment KC brought up as well not knowing exactly what transpired. There was a similar situation that occurred up in Chicago a few years back where a white and black guy got into it, the white guy was smaller than the black guy and they were both in similar attire. Several people saw a fight going on where the black guy was clearly winning, however what they did not know was the Black gent was an Off Duty FBI agent who had just been mugged by the wite guy. All the "good samaritans" pounced on the black guy.

Great posts and this clearly enumerates another reason why I love coming back here.

~A

Quote Originally Posted by jdsumner
    Hey, gents,
    IF you chose to get involved, and you are dealing some serious oc/asp to buttercup, DO NOT FORGET TO LOCATE hunnybunny, she may be just as dangerous and if you get too focused on kong, she is gonna hurt you. That is IF you willfully get involved.

Dan
    Fave Quotes

The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live!!!

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
    Edmund Burke

The worst thing in this world, next to anarchy, is government.
    Henry Ward Beecher

This attack sickens me everytime I've seen the tape-and I've seen it repeatedly, because it happened only a few miles from where I live- so we are continually barraged with it on the local news. My first thought is, how could one draw on this fool in a pizza shop filled with bystanders and expect the outcome to be anything but a disaster? I truly feel for the victim (even though he obviously didn't use good judgement by running his mouth in such a potentially volatile environment), but I must admit, unless Gorilla Monsoon (my apologies to the real Gorilla Monsoon :) ) is coming after me or one of my own, I believe the most logical/ intellegent thing to have done would have been to grab the most important weapon available to you in a situation such as this-your cell phone- and call 911. Let trained LEO's deal with this idiot and his woman. After all, LEO's are trained professionals in difusing situations such as this! As stated earlier, one never knows what surprise hunnybunny may have had in her possession or in the vehicle outside, so why risk not only your life, but the lives of many others while trying to be a hero? By the way, Gorilla Monsoon just received 4 years for his part in this attack, while "hunnybunny", is now crying the blues over some alleged mis-interpretation of a plea-bargain deal she struck which may still leave her facing felony charges as well. Now being presented to the public as an apologetic mother of FIVE children, my first thought is if she is so concerned with the welfare of her children, why was she in a downtown pizza shop at 2:30 AM instead of at home with her kids to begin with? She's a scumbag, that's why. Ok, I'm getting off of my soapbox now...
    "Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice; ammo is cheap, life is expensive."

Red face

Gotta chime in again! I too was taught the "levels" of force and how one can escalate to the next, with deadly force being the last resort. There is a huge difference between a couple guys dukin it out, and when one opponent either knocks the other out, or gives up, typically the victor will stop with the physical force. The line gets crossed when a victor continues to beat a "at this point helpless" victim. I'm sure you've all read/seen on news about people getting beat to "death". It happens, and it isn't that hard to do....just keep on beating. As a "good guy" I am dutibound by common decency to intervene in this situation. As I said earlier, I would start with verbal intervention, that failing, then physical is gonna happen. If your lucky enough, or prepared, this is the point to use pepper spray on the bad guy. That failing or you don't have the spray, then better start getting physical. There is also a point in the physical confrontation, that, seeing that you're getting your a-- whipped, you can try a retreat. Obviously before you get yourself in the same cornered position as the previous guy. Failing that, if and only if, you fear your life is truly threatened (from beating) then you present your weapon and defend your life. I would hope in this case, that one, the victim has been able to make getaway as now the big guy is focused on me. Second, if I'm able to getaway myself, then based on what I saw in the clip, there aren't anymore folks this BG is mad at, so things probably settle down. Bottom line is that you may have saved a person's life.

I used to be a Parole Officer and so I know about cons and their training drills and their uncanny ability to absorb pain. Heck my first Sensei was a corrections officer in the Miami Dade County lockup. The first thing he told me about that phenomenon is that yup those gorillas can take huge amounts of punishment as long as they can see it coming even for an instant they can brace themselves and just soak it all up. But if they never see it until it hits then the nerves take over and there is no time to react. It makes a huge difference. It's kind of like a principle of Aikido that you move your opponent along in one direction but vary the attitude of his movement to maintain control until you ABRUPTLY reverse his movement by exerting ki and thus concentrate his own energy to flatten him. He never has a chance to "get set."
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

VIP Member
    Did anyone check out the other video on the site that shows the guy taunting the woman, or whatever he did. You couldn't hear what was said, but he seemed to start it. He was talking and pointed at her at least once. He had a cigarette in his mouth and was also flicking a lighter. I'm not saying he deserved a beat down either.

I think if I was near enough the door I would have exited when it all started with the woman. I usually wait outside for my take out anyway. If I were stuck inside, I'd get on the 911 and yell "the police are on the way". Kong can then do what Kong wants to do. Until he turns on me I'm not in it, I'm a witness.

Once he turns on me then we'll see how it goes. He's a big guy, but that doesn't mean anything other than he can hold down tile floors better than I can.

To answer the second question.
    I would not have presented at any time. Too many other people in the place.

-Scott-

Administrator

Scott

He was on his phone.
    I think all he said on the phone was: "I'll be a little longer...somebody just cut in line" That's not an exact quote but it was something real close to that.
    I'm not sure iffen he said anything else more inflammatory.

PEPPER SPRAY??? ~ Oh...you guys like Hot Pepper on YOUR pizza too?

Meanwhile that oaf was big but he was a mighty slow movin' brute.
    One hard right fist to the Adams Apple & he would have dropped like dying rhino.
    Last edited by QKShooter; February 28th, 2005 at 11:08 AM.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by APachon
    Pizza beating vid link

What would you all have done?? Would you have presented?

~A
    I would have made someones inner skull into a pizza topping. Thats more than a simple assault, thats attempted murder. He should get a lot more than just the 4 years theyre going to give him. What makes me even more mad is the fact everyone stood around and let it happen, nobody tried to break it up. Some good samaritans we have around us, huh?
    Last edited by nf9648; February 28th, 2005 at 01:04 PM.

Angry Scott...

Although Mr. Cell Phone made a comment regarding Hunnybunnies inability to follow standard toddler "wait your turn" behavior to whomever he was speaking with on his phone, the comment was not was not made directly to her. Obviously Mr. Cell Phone excercised poor judgement- to say the least- by running his mouth in a downtown Pizza Shop (or anywhere for that matter) at 2:30 AM, but he certainly didn't deserve what he received at the hands of this buffoon nonetheless. I think perhaps what you may be unaware of was Hunnybunnies overall attitude and demeanor. After spitting at the Pizza Shop employee after being told she had to wait her turn, she slapped Mr. Cell Phone in the face (to which he did ABSOLUTELY nothing in return). Hunnybunny then went outside returning with the Buffooninator where she directed him to, and I quote, "Take care of that White MFer..." It's all on the videotape. She now denies she made any racist comments, but the videotape doesn't lie. So Scott, not only was Hunnybunny a scumbag, she's apparently an ignorant racist scumbag to boot...
    "Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice; ammo is cheap, life is expensive."

Administrator

Gringo

GREAT POST!
    Meanwhile...Off Topic: I think if somebody gave me the choice of taking a whupping or having to actually eat a damn pizza from that place...I'd choose the beating...for sure.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

VIP Member
    See there is always more to the story.

One of the many reasons I totally distrust the press/media.

I checked out another clip to find out hunnybunny is facing 8 years because of previous illegal activities.

-Scott-

According to today's Akron Beacon Journal, the victim in this story is on the O'Riley Factor tonight-may be interesting to hear his point of view....

I'd have pulled my weapon, warned the guy once, then shot him.

But that's just me.

It amazes me what the lawyers in this country have done to us.

We stand by and watch a man be beaten half to death. Why? The only reason is because we are afraid of what the lawyers might do to us if we intervene. That is what sickens me the most. We might be hailed a hero, we might end up in jail. You just don't know so we all stand around afraid to get involved. I think, don't really know until it happens, but I think I would have drawn on Kong and shouted for him to stop. My perception is this guy is being beaten to death and Kong is easily twice my size. The only thing that would keep him from turning on me is my gun in his face. Consequently I feel I am well within my rights to intervene with lethal force if necessary. I don't think others in the small store are in danger from me as I don't believe I could miss a target that big or penetrate all the way though him.

God save us from the lawyers.
    Last edited by havegunjoe; April 18th, 2005 at 02:26 PM.
    DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH. LIBERTY IS A WELL ARMED LAMB CONtestING THE VOTE.

Certified Instructor for Minnesota Carry Permit
    NRA Pistol and Personal Protection Insrtuctor
    Utah Permit Certified Instructor

VIP Member

You are exactly right, havegunjoe....

Even if you act in a moral, correct, and righteous manner to save yourself or someone else, you run an excellent chance of being screwed in court later on.

I'm debating whether I should spend $350 this coming November to attend a 2 day Massad Ayoob course here in Denver dealing with the legal aftermath of a justified shooting. I'm thinking it could be money well spent!
    "I surrounded 'em"- Alvin York

"They're ain't many troubles that a man can't fix with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six"- Jeff Cooper

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links