Man Busts into Boise Home

This is a discussion on Man Busts into Boise Home within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; BOISE - Police are trying to find the man they say busted in to a Boise home and demanded pills. Officers say a man wearing ...

Thread: Man Busts into Boise Home

Distinguished Member

Man Busts into Boise Home

BOISE - Police are trying to find the man they say busted in to a Boise home and demanded pills.

Officers say a man wearing a ski mask broke in to the home on North Highwood in the area of Fairview Avenue and Cloverdale Road just after 8 a.m. Monday.

An elderly man and his eight-year-old grandchild were in the home at the time of the robbery, according to police.

The suspect then demanded the man turn over his wife's back pain pills.

The prescription for this clown is a tube full of Gold Dot 200gr

Again, it begs the questions,
    1. Do you or do you not have a weapon in seconds reach, even at home, at all times." In this case, assume that you have an 8 year old child in the home with you that may not have had any training in firearms safety.

2. How do you arm yourself.

3. Where do you keep it?
    Last edited by Chorizo; February 26th, 2007 at 07:04 PM.
    21 years and 21 days, United States Marine Corps & NRA Life Member since 1972

"The trouble is with the increasingly widespread problem of idiots prancing around out there confusing their opinions with actual facts." peckman28

2. Remove Ads

Assistant Administrator
    Do you or do you not have a weapon in seconds reach,
    My carry piece is on me - all the time. Even if I had a child of that age mentioned or younger - same - it is on me.

That is the only way to keep the gun secure and, NOT need valuable seconds to ''go fetch''.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

My weapon is where it should be on my hip with a scattergun close by.

Some people keep what equates to a small fortune on the street woth of medicine in their houses. There is a thriving market around colleges (and I am sure other places too) for a variety of pills (Xanax, Vicodin, and Ritallin are some of the bigger names) that people want to abuse.
    Last edited by buckeye .45; February 26th, 2007 at 08:11 PM.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

My gun is always on my hip, except when I sleep... even then I sometimes fall asleep while I'm wearing it. Otherwise it's right under my pillow.
    When the messenger arrives and says 'Don't shoot the messenger,' it's a good idea to be prepared to shoot the messenger, just in case.

Quote Originally Posted by Chorizo View Post
    Again, it begs the questions,
    1. Do you or do you not have a weapon in seconds reach, even at home, at all times." In this case, assume that you have an 8 year old child in the home with you that may not have had any training in firearms safety.

3. Where do you keep it?
    I always have my pistol within arms reach. It spends the day on my hip and the night on my nightstand. If I had an 8-year old, the only thing that would change is it would probably spend the night in a fast opening safe, rather than sitting out. During the day I'd figure it's safer in my possession than it would be locked up.

I carry a 9mm auto in a holster over my apendix. Things have changed and when not carring the gun is under my pillow. My kid is grown and this poses no problem.

Always Armed At Home...

My Kimber Ultra or my Glock - 36 are either on my hip, SOB, or like right now (sitting at my computer) my Kimber is next to my keyboard...(no belt)...

Stay armed...stay safe...at ALL times!

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Around the house I carry a Kahr MK9. Otherwise I generally carry a S&W .45 acp Semi Auto 4516-2 Special Model Pistol. I'm armed as I'm typing this.
    "There is no such thing as too much ammo. Unless you're swimming!"

I heard this call on my scanner this morning. I was working on my house, and decided to adjust my toolbelt so I could wear my gun AND my toolbelt!

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Chorizo View Post
    Yes, you have weapon within seconds reach. Now as far as the child with no firearms training. Most of the time, because my husband and I have no children yet, there are no kids in our home and guns are very easily accessible. Now, if/when we have ANYONE over (young or old) who has limited experience with weapons, everything gets unloaded, locked and put high on a shelf in a closet or locked in another room. The only two guns left out are kept on our person at all times.

When it comes to bed time, the visitor or child should not be in your bedroom, and your gun should be close, ours are usually very close.
    Regular carry.. Shoulder holsters are pretty comfortable for lounging around. They don't dig into your hip or kidney when you sit down and they can be concealed and comfy for watching a movie or playing a card game or something.

3. Where do you keep it?
    On your person as long as you can, off your person when necessary but within arms reach. ON the night side stand (not in it) for sleep or under the pillow.

i haveta admit to having to dig handguns out of couch and seat cushions on occassion...

I'm Carrying, even with my grandkids on my lap or playing house with them! Its only off of my side when I'm in bed or in the shower. But always within reach.
    Alex G.
    S&W M&P .45
    Virginia Beach, Va.
    Senior Chief Petty Officer, RETIRED, USN
    Certified NRA Pistol Instructor
    NRA Range Officer

I am always carrying at home. Kids or no kids. How can you not in these day and times.
    "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I won't."
    General George Patton

Links