Scenario: Scarry One - Page 2

Scenario: Scarry One

This is a discussion on Scenario: Scarry One within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally posted by clubsoda22 If it were ants, why would you lay the kid on the ground...where the ants are. She didn't, she ran over ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    DC Founder
    Originally posted by clubsoda22
    If it were ants, why would you lay the kid on the ground...where the ants are.
    She didn't, she ran over to her grandpa for help.

VIP Member
    Ohhhh....fire ants! I didn't even think of that, and we have them all over the place down here. Their mounds look like innocent piles of dirt until you stomp on one. And then...whoosh! Billions of them come pouring out. Dad got nailed several times.

And they can be life-threatening.

depends if i can see any weapon in the mans hands.
    no weapon = draw weapon and verbally confront the man.

weapon = no warning, shoot.

a few summers back there was a lot of attempted sexual assaults on a well traveled bike trail that runs through just about all of anchorage, from west to east.

the thug attacked women that were running or biking, and all were in good physical condition to fight the thug off. but he was persistant, enough so that the city set up a volunteer safety group that would stay on the trails with whistles, cell phones and first aid kits.
    the sad part was they discouraged armed citizens from trying to help out.

Great thread Bumper. Gotta tag and remember this one. Thanks.

Not going to read other replies until after I post.

Distract....this may not be what it looks like, but by being in a good location, where cover is less that a step away, hand on gun, and asking in a loud voice, 'Can I help?', you may find out what the situation really is. Could be dad trying to get a bee, ants, etc out of the kids drawers. Could be something else.

If you get a violent reacation, do what is necessary to stabilize the situation, drop the dime, etc.

Remember in life all is not always as it appears. Move with caution.

Now that I read the rest of the replies, glad I was not the only one to come up with the insect thing.

Will be interested when Bumper gives us the lowdown.

He did....didja miss it..??

Bunper-you got to give me an atta-boy for calling the answer to this situation. When APachon mentioned it to me under forum section Everything Else [I gotta tell you]. These guys are so tricky in here that to get close to an answer is great but to hit the nail on the head well that is just outstanding. :kay:

Sure did, thought it was another response.

DC Founder
    Originally posted by FortyFive
    Bunper-you got to give me an atta-boy for calling the answer to this situation. When APachon mentioned it to me under forum section Everything Else [I gotta tell you]. These guys are so tricky in here that to get close to an answer is great but to hit the nail on the head well that is just outstanding. :kay:
    Originally posted by FortyFive
    APachon-I sure did and don't agree with others so quickly about what the guy is doing to his (daughter?). Kids can be a screamen demean at times, it could very well be she is upset from sitting in the sand and having critters in her underwear. Discussions have brought me back in line to being very leary about appearances.
    Yes, you did, FortyFive. Consider this your atta-boy. :P

DC Founder
    You all did pretty darned good. In class everyone (eight of us, I believe) all said the same thing. Shoot him. Of course this was at the beginning of the class when he was trying to hammer it home that you should not jump into a situation too quickly or you may find yourself holding a big bag, and you all know what that bag would be full of. Legal liability.

Kahrman
    Good scenario, sorry I missed it. I can tell you I would have smoked grandpa I am afraid. Sure makes you think.

It is discussions like this that make sites like this one so valuable to me. And I think everyone here should give themselves a huge ATTA-BOY. Everyone here is serious about there rights and more importantly RESPONSIBILITIES when carrying. I doubt many other segments of society spend as much time thinking about things as CCW holders do.
    FWIW, I have to admit I would have sought cover and challenged, but one move towards the gun and the man would have been toast.
    LEts hear some more of these, great training tolls. Maybe the mods should start a seperate section for these, would love to see it.

I started reading this post realizing somewhere at the bottom was the real story so I didn't read ahead. After I read the scenario, I picked up on the following point that I thought was major:

Although the scenario did not say that the guy had his tallywhacker out, it's obvious that the guy was NOT raping the girl. Why would the guy be standing over her without taking her panties down at least enough to perform the rape?

I know arm chair quarterbacking is easy, but I honestly believe that I would have had to draw, yell at him to stop and then see how he reacted. You already have the draw on him, one move to his weapon and you would have your decision made.

SniperC, I wholeheartedly agree, and it is refreshing to see likeminded individuals across the US share the same sentiment as I in not wanting to go around blasting every individual that looks to be up to no good. On that note, I will add a conversdation I got into with a friend. I got into a discussion with a fellow massage therapist who is also a CCW holder. The only question he asked that I had to sit and think about was why I continue to carry such a large weapon (1911 Gov\'t)???

My response was becasue the added weight is like a checks and balance for me, it reminds me to be vigilant and always check my surroundings and look for the suspicious behavior. It reminds me that if I divert my attention I (as was stated above) will be left holding a huge bag of civil and possibly criminal liability.

It reminds me to check my ego when the belt gets cinched up and the weight presents itself to me. It reminds me of the great responsibility and the respct needed to care for this responsibility and that my actions can have unintended consequences on many.

This was my response to the question why I continue to carry such a large pistol. I added that all I have ever shot was a full size 1911 and although concealment may be an issue at times, its performance and accuracy make up for its heft and size in my eyes.

Bumper I too would love to se a seperate section for CCW scenarios.

~A

Originally posted by sniperc
    It is discussions like this that make sites like this one so valuable to me. And I think everyone here should give themselves a huge ATTA-BOY. Everyone here is serious about there rights and more importantly RESPONSIBILITIES when carrying. I doubt many other segments of society spend as much time thinking about things as CCW holders do.
    FWIW, I have to admit I would have sought cover and challenged, but one move towards the gun and the man would have been toast.
    LEts hear some more of these, great training tolls. Maybe the mods should start a seperate section for these, would love to see it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links