House at night - drapes/blinds? - Page 2

House at night - drapes/blinds?

This is a discussion on House at night - drapes/blinds? within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by purple88yj My wife (the one who won't use a gun) like to open the blinds and the front door (glass storm door) ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: House at night - drapes/blinds?

Quote Originally Posted by purple88yj View Post
    My wife (the one who won't use a gun) like to open the blinds and the front door (glass storm door) when I am not at home. .

What? You've got more than one?

We always keep the shades drawn - but a BG would have to get past the Great Pyrenees to get close enough to notice!

Ya know i dont like them open any time the drapes that is probley parnoid but always been like that

Espically years ago say 15 or so while we were moving into mom and dads new house at the time the shades were still on order and my neice was sleeping in the same room as I

After dark she said she saw someone looking in and danged if there wasn't ever since I just prefer shades drawn Closed all the time

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Brommeland View Post
    What? You've got more than one?
    There are times where I think I live with Sybil.

Let's see how many catch that reference.
    "A simple way to take measure of a country is to look at how many want in ... And how many want out." British Prime Minister Tony Blair

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    From where i normaly set you cannot see me even when you knock on the door , but i can see you from the time you enter the property till your at the door . nuff said ?
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

Quote Originally Posted by purple88yj View Post
    There are times where I think I live with Sybil.

Let's see how many catch that reference.
    'Played by Sally Fields? We must be gettin' old...

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    he now sally was a great little gal , i had a girlfriend once who was her twin lol .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

I am way too paranoid to have open windows. My wife gives me heck for having blinds or heavey opaque curtains up. I live in a trailer park and just cant stand the idea of someone watching me, or looking in to see what i might have inside to steal. I wont even sit with my back to the window. I know it sounds kinda nutty but thats just the way i am. Better safe then sorry i always say.

I am lucky that i have a dog who all her bad habits aside alerts me when anyone is within 20 ft of my place. I always sit in the dark at night when im on the puter and if i hear a strange sound i peek out the window carefully. I even quit my job because i couldnt stand working nights leaving my wife and daughter alone with no way to contact me if something happened.

Family saftey always comes first in my book, even if i had to go to jail for shooting a criminal who broke in trying to do us harm.

Daytime: blinds are open for light, so the cats can see out and I can see in .

Nighttime: Blinds are drawn so no one can see in, cats can't see out.

All the time: XD45 on my hip, in my night stand or in my car so I'm at the ready.

Ex-wife never closed the blinds, would leave the front door open so the cats could look out the storm door, and that would be unlocked. I'd also close everything up when I'd get home. No more wife, so I don't have those problems anymore.

I have neighbors next door that keep their main window open to the world, but any BGs have to get by their Mastiff, Rotweiler and mutt. They bark at anything so I use them as a warning system as well.
    "Don't get stuck on stupid!" -Gen. Honore in NOLA

"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life."- Robert A. Heinlein

I'm all-in on the minority here, folks. Sure, we have window treatments on all of the windows, but the only ones regularly shut are the bedrooms. The rest, including all of the public rooms, are always wide-open (except during the rare cold-snap). But...

We live on a long, remote cul-de-sac with only one gun-toting shooting buddy neighbor who precedes us on the street, we live on three acres run by three protective and alert dogs (Doberman, GSD and a nasty old mutt), and we're protected on three sides by a lake. Besides, I can see you coming long before you see me, and two or three dogs (if not the neighbors six) are going to be announcing the arrival of fresh meat.

If I lived in town, I'd feel 100% different, guaranteed. When we're in our RV, the blinds are pulled and battened down. Guess it just shows we all adapt to our immediate circumstances.

Edited to add: All locked when appropriate.......
    Last edited by Rock and Glock; March 11th, 2007 at 09:25 PM.

The tyrant dies and his rule is over, the martyr dies and his rule begins. ― The Journals of Kierkegaard

It's nearly 90 degrees here so we have the windows/ blinds open. Even so, no one can see inside until it gets dark, then the blinds all get closed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links