Chimp encounter? - Page 2

Chimp encounter?

This is a discussion on Chimp encounter? within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Bud White All right i posted once lets try again ... i would shoot them as many times as it took to ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chimp encounter?

Quote Originally Posted by Bud White
    All right i posted once lets try again ...

i would shoot them as many times as it took to make um stop ..preferably till they were dead
    What he said. I've thought about this before, when I visited the Woodland Park zoo. I would definitely engage them.....especially since in the future, when I find myself there I will be with my girlfriend's daughter and with the other children their, it'd be dangerously remiss not to.
    http://www.myspace.com/sgeringer
    SIG SP2009<>XD45 4"<>S&W 638-3<>GLOCK20<>Mossberg Mav88

DC Founder
    Thanks for posting the story, QKShooter I was wondering what was going on, lol. Buds answer gets my vote, I would shoot every one of them that were in on it.

A number of things are of note in the story:

1. A California official admitting that a gun can sometimes save a life ("He saw what was happening and had one kind of weapon with him and then got another he felt would be more substantial and shot them," Martarano said. "He pretty much saved a life.")

2. How quick the liberals can jump on an incident and start yelling for a "ban". (On Friday, People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals called on Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger to ban private ownership of exotic animals in California, citing the increasing popularity of keeping such animals as pets. The group said there have been more than 90 reported dangerous incidents nationwide involving primates since 1990.)

3. "Needless violence" as the liberals are always wringing there hands over is a perfectly natural action when protecting yourself and your property. ("Male chimps are intensely territorial. They defend their territory against any perceived threat," said Craig Stanford, a professor at the University of Southern California who studies primate behavior. "Chimps can be violent at times just as humans can be." )

4. You can always track this sort of thing back to two things. Money and/or women. (Primate experts said the presence of the two female chimps could have played a role in the attack. "We know that one of the most reliable predictors of increased male aggression is the presence of sexually receptive females," said Jeffrey French, a psychobiologist who studies primate behavior at the University of Nebraska, Omaha.)

Sorry, ladies, I couldn't resist.
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Administrator
    Some interesting true Chimpanzee Facts & Stories.

Chimpanzees are extremely powerful (as are all the primates.)
    We are so used to seeing docile & "tamed" Chimpanzees that it's hard to imagine just how powerful they are. And when they are truly mad they are deadly.
    We only ever see them fairly calm in the United States.

In the 60s an African Chimpanzee carried a full grown adult soldier (kicking & screaming) up into a tree. It took 10 men armed with clubs and all of their energy to get him away & back down again.
    Luckily he was unharmed.

Chimpanzees are omnivorous & often kill other animals for food. They sometimes practice cannibalism & have been known to eat their own kind.
    So they just do not sit around & eat bananas.

Chimpanzees are the only known animal that will defend itself & fight aggressively with a weapon. They very often use clubs to beat their enemies to death. An angry Chimpanzee with a club is a force to be reckoned with & can easily kill a man with one single blow.

A chimp can snap a tree limb like a twig that two strong adult human males can barely bend.

Chimps are one of the only animals that can differentiate between threats and they recognize the fact that the rifle is the part of the Man/Rifle combination that is a danger to them.
    When attacked in the wild by many Chimpanzees it was always suggested that a hunter throw down his rifle & the Chimpanzees will then focus their attention only on the rifle & abandon their aggression toward the human.
    This is a proven fact & one of the older "Laws Of African Survival" because when attacked by many Chimps you will never get them all before they get to you.

Chimpanzees have been known to kidnap and abduct tribal women for immoral acts. These stories go back to earliest African history & actual reports of kidnapped females continued until about the late 1800s.
    They also kidnapped young and adult males but they were usually found killed and disemboweled for some unexplained reason. No rude comments please.

A 14 year old girl was feeding & teasing a "tame" caged Chimpanzee with peanuts when it suddenly grabbed her ~ mauled her, and tore her arm completely off at the shoulder. She later died from multiple massive injuries in combination with infection from bites.

A full grown leopard is an easy kill for 4 or 5 threatened, aggressive, Chimpanzees.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Chimp attack

Damn, guys. It sorta gives a whole new meaning to the term "monkey bite". I heard that primates enjoy a varied diet, including fruit and nuts. Silly me, I thought they meant like peanuts and almonds. Next time I go to the zoo I'll keep one hand on my shootin' iron and the other on the family jewells. I remember Bobby Berosini and his orangutans in Las Vegas when PETA got on his case for mistreating the animals. He supposedly beat them, pulled their hair, and other infractions. Someone finally brought up the fact that apes have ten times the strength of a man. This incident sort of bears that out. It just shows that no matter how docile an animal seems you can never be sure they are safe.

Administrator

Great Post Bumper

And meanwhile...it is great to read how these Animal Shrinks justify bad animal behavior. It must be because THEY ACT SO MUCH LIKE US!
    They can be just as Stupid ~ Angry ~ Confused ~ Violent ~ & Irrational as us PEOPLE!
    See the latest beer commercial where the dude is teasing that small caged Chimp with a bottle of beer?
    I sure hope nobody goes to their local zoo & gets any bright ideas from that particular commercial message.

Hotel Charlie ~ Almonds? haha ..yep, fruits & nuts...they went for the nuts this time too.

Membership Revoked Array clubsoda22's Avatar
    yeah, they definately should have ended that commercial with the chimp plucking his nads off like a pair of ripe apples.

Administrator

clubsoda22

Oh...you saw that commercial?
    That was a pretty young Chimp but he could still get a handful.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links