Do women have an advantage? - Page 5

Do women have an advantage?

This is a discussion on Do women have an advantage? within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; very cool. that's one thing i miss about the military. full auto 50's that rock the hell out of ya. the one thing i don't ...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Do women have an advantage?

very cool. that's one thing i miss about the military. full auto 50's that rock the hell out of ya. the one thing i don't (looking at your box of ammo) was loading helicopters with 500 round belts linked together all day long, not to mention rockets. that gets old pretty quick. i've been thinking about get a 50 for myself but that'll be down the road. we'll see.
    Attached Images
    What's this button do?

VIP Member
    I only have one thing to add on this subject:

Whatever the perceived or real advantages of being a woman in a situation with a BG............Don't depend on those perceptions to get yourself out of it. You don't know if the BG is a push over or the most violent human on earth. You need to treat the threat as if he were the foulest person on the planet & treat accordingly. NEVER UNDER ESTIMATE YOUR OPPONENT! There are no rules & you MUST WIN!
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.-Seneca

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. If I have a gun, what do I have to be paranoid about?" -Clint Smith

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper

Senior Moderator
    Downrange, Very cool pictures! I would LOVE to go full auto with a .50. I think I would be in heaven..lol. Even thinking about it makes me giddy. I've been able to do full auto with a 9mm uzi, but it quickly became and anti-air weapon. Non-mounted full auto is hard to control, but darn is it fun!

You better hurry up on getting that .50. Anti-s are pushing hard to get them banned to citizens.

I was watching the news and some politician was talking about the .50 sniper rifle and the different types of ammo. I had to laugh my head off when she said, "They even make INCENDIARY rounds. That is a HEAT SEEKING round that seeks heat and then EXPLODES!" (I think she needs to look up 'incendiary' in the dictionary.

No wonder people fear them. They listen to the news and the news doesn't know what they heck they are talking about.

In that box was tracers, full metal jackets and the infamous incendiary round. We shot one into the mud and watched it boil the water for a while. That was neat, but in honesty, the tracers were better. We also had about 5 armor piercing rounds but we didn't shoot any of those. We didn't see the point. If full metal jackets were already splitting trees we didn't need to demonstrate what a armor piercing round could do.
    Last edited by limatunes; March 17th, 2007 at 02:53 PM.

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by goawayfarm View Post
    I only have one thing to add on this subject:

Whatever the perceived or real advantages of being a woman in a situation with a BG............Don't depend on those perceptions to get yourself out of it. You don't know if the BG is a push over or the most violent human on earth. You need to treat the threat as if he were the foulest person on the planet & treat accordingly. NEVER UNDER ESTIMATE YOUR OPPONENT! There are no rules & you MUST WIN!
    Very true, and I agree 100%!!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Sponsored Links