3 doors down from me

This is a discussion on 3 doors down from me within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; A house was broke into Saturday night 3 houses down from me. I live in the country so theres lots of space between us, but ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 3 doors down from me

VIP Member

3 doors down from me

A house was broke into Saturday night 3 houses down from me. I live in the country so theres lots of space between us, but I can see his house from my house..Heres the kicker, not often heard of , it was 2 women that broke into the house..
    This guy was sleeping (66 yrs old ) and woke up hearing someone stirring in the house. He actually watched the 2 girls steal his guns ( loaded guns ) and pretended to be asleep. He let the girls leave the house and assumed they were still close by ( whatever that means ). He went and slashed the tires on the jeep they were in and called police at 1:42am..Apparently the girls were stashing the weapons in the woods nearby. The cops set up a 2-mile perimeter looking for the girls with blood hounds. Someone pulled up at the trailer next door ( he owns it ) , the cops went to talk to him. He knew nothing about the robbery, but they found pot plants there and arrested them ( bad timing ). The dog found scattered money in the woods. They finally found the girls at a motel with 2 AK-47's ,a Ruger Mini14 , they had 30 round magazines. Also a loaded Ruger 44..
    Here all this was going on a couple hundred yards from my house and I was snoozing away.. My daughter is already afraid to walk from her car to the front door at night, now she hears there were 2 desperate girls walking around with loaded guns right here near our house. She is 18 and wants to get her permit when she turns 21. You bet it'll be her b-day present from me.
    I do believe these girls knew he had the guns and knew he had cash there, they seemed to go right to it..

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array BruceGibson's Avatar
    It should be interesting to hear the details behind that one. Sounds like they knew the old guy, or someone who does threw him down the well.

No one's immune from this stuff...inner city, out in the middle of nowhere, and points in between.

Assistant Administrator
    Goes to show - nowhere is 100% safe even in the boonies ... and yeah, seems very likely this female team had scoped the joint and/or knew in advance of what trophies they might secure.

Glad they apprehended the perp (esses) and recovered the guns. I hardly find anything difficult to believe any more!
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Center of the World Ma! Center of the World!
    [QUOTE=BruceGibson;321677]someone who does threw him down the well.

QUOTE]

Have not heard that one before, I like it.
    "Hell of a thing, killin' a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."
    - William Munny (Clint Eastwood in the Unfrogivin)

“The graveyards are full of indispensable men.” – Napoleon Bonaparte

“My Idea of a fair fight is beating baby seals with a club”

Lead Moderator
    Intresting the felames got in the house quietly. Anyone breaking in to my place willl make enough noise to wake me. Wonder what else there is to the story.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Assistant Administrator
    Intresting the felames got in the house quietly
    Ahhh - got it now Rocky - darn, them felames is bad news huh!!!
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Females Doing Crime...

Is sometime something many people do not expect.

I can remember back (7-8 years) when the local schools (MI) were experiencing evening break-ins to rob pop (soda for you southern folks) machines. The cops had shared some info about their thoughts and possibilities with school leaders. I was shocked when the idea of girls doing the break-ins to both schools and offices in the area was even suggested.

Today, it seems, many crimes have no gender bias...they say that some of the dirtbags 'really don't have the balls to pull some of the capers'...

Crazy world out there...

Stay armed...stay safe!

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Ok I'm biased, but seems like a good reason to get an alarm system.

http://www.diysecurityworld.com

I've had one for 3 years now, and I sleep better, feel better about my belongings being safe, and don't have to count on my neihbors to look out for the place.
    "The best compliment to the Warrior is that others feel safe while you are around." I would add especially if they REALLY ARE safe when you are around.

Females Doing Crime...

Is sometime something many people do not expect.

I can remember back (7-8 years) when the local schools (MI) were experiencing evenig break-ins to rob pop (soda for you southern folks) machines. The cops had shared some info about their thoughts and possibilities with school leaders. I was shocked when the idea of girls doing the break-ins to both schools and offices in the area was even suggested.

Today, it seems, many crimes have no gender bias...they say that some of the dirtbags 'really don't have the balls to pull some of the capers'...

Crazy world out there...

Stay armed...stay safe!

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    Yeah , be interesting to see what happens out of this. Had to be someone that knew him. We live out in the country and the girls were from the downtown area about 10 miles away..Amazing the nerve people have. And to go in and steal loaded guns with someone home..
    WOW as I'm sittn here typing this listening to the news. They said someone pulled over to help someone on the interstate here that was broke down ( he thought) and 2 people came out with guns and robbed the guy..GEEEZ,,,,,,,,,,, cant stop to help anyone anymore....

Distinguished Member Array Doc Holliday's Avatar
    Sorry that it happened to your neighbor.....but grateful it wasn't you, Robere!
    Why Ike, whatever do you mean? Maybe poker's just not your game Ike. I know! Let's have a spelling contest!

Quote Originally Posted by rocky View Post
    Intresting the felames got in the house quietly. Anyone breaking in to my place willl make enough noise to wake me. Wonder what else there is to the story.
    Some people are pretty hardcore sleepers at time. One night I had to work a hit and run. This car screamed around the properties corner and nailed two trucks. I waited for the police department to arrive and then walked across the parking stalls to the residents location. I knocked on the doors, rang the doorbell, and even hollered who I was and what I needed. No response; so I walk to the resident's bedroom window, tapped on the window (with my flashlight) and hollered who I was one last time.

Still no response, so by then I started walking to the office to get contact information for the resident to tell them their trucks just got nailed by a hit and run. When I got about 1/2 way there I got a call from an officer that the resident came out of the residence. Turns out she was sleeping and didn't hear the accident that was less than 20 yards away from her residence, or hear me knocking and ringing the doorbell. Apparently what woke her up was the tapping on the window.

She apparently ran into her bathroom and called the police. She didn't even noticed the flashing lights of three police cars right in front of her window. Dispatch had to tell her to go outside.

So yeah, people can be oddly oblivious to what is going around them at times. This guy waking up after the female perps were already inside doesn't surprise me one bit.
    Beretta 92FS

Kinda sounds like the old guy was rolled. The girls were there all the time. When he fell asleep or passed out, they made their move

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    For me, sleep and death are similar experiences. Thank God my wife is a light sleeper!

FYI, (although this incident happened at night), most breakins happen during the day when everyone is at work. Often the thief is dusguised as a repairman. Or it happens in the country where neighbors don't see or know the owner's habits.
    Last edited by paramedic70002; March 20th, 2007 at 07:31 AM. Reason: correct spelling
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

lol yeah thats why everyone should have 2 large, protective dogs loose inside the house while their at work! BG's usually won 't enter a home with dogs. Key word there is "usually".
    Alex G.
    S&W M&P .45
    Virginia Beach, Va.
    Senior Chief Petty Officer, RETIRED, USN
    Certified NRA Pistol Instructor
    NRA Range Officer

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links