News Article Las Vegas: Police try to solve puzzle of dead body found in home

This is a discussion on News Article Las Vegas: Police try to solve puzzle of dead body found in home within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I wonder how many of us would handle this situation. Police try to solve puzzle of dead body found in home Las Vegas Sun Metro ...

Thread: News Article Las Vegas: Police try to solve puzzle of dead body found in home

1952 - 2006

I wonder how many of us would handle this situation.

Police try to solve puzzle of dead body found in home
    Las Vegas Sun

Metro Police detectives were baffled by the discovery of a homicide victim in a home on the Desert Rose Golf Course near Sahara Avenue and Nellis Boulevard about 11 a.m. Monday, Metro Homicide Lt. Tom Monahan said.
    Officers said the man who lives at the home whose name was not released by police, had been trying to fix a garage door that was broken and left open for a couple of hours while he was running errands. When he returned home, he found a 31-year-old man, whom he said he did not know, dead in his bathroom.
    The man had been shot in the head and three bullet casings were found in the home. Detectives had not pinpointed who may have shot him or why, Monahan said. The resident who told police he lived alone, was not considered a suspect this morning.
    Monahan said the resident kept firearms in the house but that detectives were still analyzing this morning whether the bullets used in the shooting came from one of his guns.
    Detectives speculate that the man who was shot might have been burglarizing the house with a partner, police said. His clothing -- a heavy leather coat, gloves and small backpack -- indicated he could have been a burglar, police said.
    "It's a head scratcher," Monahan said this morning. "...we don't understand it any better today than we did yesterday."
    Heroes are people who do what has to be done, when it has to be done, regardless of the consequences

"I like when the enemy shoots at me; then I know where the ******** are and can kill them."
    ~George Patton

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

DC Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by acparmed
    I wonder how many of us would handle this situation.
    Not sure what you could do but call the police to come figure it out. I would probably just back out of the house if I lived alone and call from outside. Since I don't live alone I would clear the house to be sure that no wife or kids were there. A natural tendency would probably be that someone was trying to set you up....
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Man finds dead body in bathroom

Is that an oxymoron? Would it qualify as a body if it were not dead? Anyway, a short follow-up on the story was on the news a few days ago. Apparently the deceased was indeed burglarizing the home, with two partners. An argument resulted in the partners capping his sorry ass. Sorry, Bumper. Can we say ass here? Maybe they capped his head. Anyway the two suspects were apprehended and all three surnames sounded Hispanic. Don't know if they were here legally or not, and it doesn't matter now. Two are definitely illegal and the third..............well, it just don't matter. I would prefer a different conclusion, like one of the guys capping the other two, just in time to be shot by the returning homeowner. Hell, if he can repair a garage door he could probably re-paint a bathroom, yuh think?

Ya know first thing i would have done was close the garage door so no easy access to the house.... Should have called the Repair man ...lol

Would be different finding a dead body in the house when you come how .... Lucyyy lucyyy im home holy crap lucy theres a dead dude on the floor what have you been doing today

Administrator

Thumbs down The Very First Thing You Do:

Is Say: "Oh...$HITTTT! Whyyyyy didn't I just get that damn garage door fixed right away???"
    THEN....CAREFULLY EXIT THE HOME and do it absolutely without touching or disturbing anything. Try to get out the door that you entered from without touching the door hardware where it would normally be touched.
    Go "post haste" to the nearest phone or use your cell phone and RIGHT AWAY call the police.
    If possible...do not pick up or use your home phone...just in case the killer used that very same phone.
    Wait for the police outside the residence.
    Don't walk around the perimeter of your home...stay in one place.
    If you don't smoke...NOW would be the perfect time to start.
    Have a cigarette....then have another one.
    Since the minute you saw the strange body (obviously shot/murdered) your entire home and property is considered to be a homicide scene.
    You must not contaminate that crime scene.
    Start thinking about exactly what you did & where exactly you went inside your home...from the minute you went in until the time you spotted the (yuk) body.
    Plan on not getting any sleep for at least a few hours. :puppy_dog
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

I am surprised that something like this made the news, from reading about home breakin's in Las Vegas this seems like a regular thing up that way. One thing outstanding is the BG gains access via the garage. Maybe they need billboards bringing this to the attention of homeowners up there. Now L.A. CA has mostly brave illegals that rob stores and shoot unarmed young clerks in the head when leaving. One other aspect there may be a bunch of people from CA who move there feeling they have this magic shield of protection as in CA, the police will protect you kind of attitute. I would bet if the BG wander into the garage of a couple of guys on this forum it will be an ugly scene.
    As you slide down the banister of life,
    May the splinters never point the wrong way.
    ---
    NRA Life Member

Sounds like a case for CSI to me.

Ya know csi did have the one show where the one robber beat the other one to death with some electronic audio or video goodie

Lead Moderator
    he Bud, shouldn't the last line go - Lucyy, you got some 'splainin ' to do?

Quote Originally Posted by Bud White
    Lucyyy lucyyy im home holy crap lucy theres a dead dude on the floor what have you been doing today
    ROFLMAO! My dog is looking at me like I've lost my mind!

SSKC

DC Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotelcharlie
    An argument resulted in the partners capping his sorry ass. Sorry, Bumper. Can we say ass here?
    I can say ass and it appears you can too so I guess it's okay in my book!
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Back in March 1997 I was heding to the dump with my son who was 6. I came across, what I though was a bag of clothes on the side of the road in salem NH where I resided. A closer look reveiled a Homicide victim. I thought it was a dummy with a rubber mask on it. I poked the ear and noticed that it was real. I carfully re-traced my footsteps in order to not ruin the crime scene any further.
    The kid, a 26yr-old asin male named Hia bo Lee from Chinatown in Boston Ma was strngled with an electrical cord, hog tied with his hands behind him, and shot several times with a 9x18 makarov (the brass was all over the place. he was shot in the right side several times and a few times in the rear of the head <not a nice scene> When I found him, the PD determined he had been dead only a few hrs...around 5:00AM .I found him at 9:15AM... I emerged from the woods and found a PD driving by, who stopped and I explained what was going on...They began to cordon off the area <as it was very remote in the first place> and then proceed to intrrogate me, as I found him. They even took my good reboks and never returned em <they stunk anyway LOL>
    To this day, the crime has never been solved, but they do know the hit was gang related.. just wanted to share that with you

Sponsored Links