Actual Usage of Concealed Carry.

This is a discussion on Actual Usage of Concealed Carry. within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I had that thought thru but I was in traffic and pinned by other cars... of course no one even turned an eye to this. ...

View Poll Results: Concealed Carry

Voters
258. You may not vote on this poll
  • Never been in position to consider drawing weapon.

138 53.49%
  • Considered drawing weapon but did not draw, retreated or other.

45 17.44%
  • Drew weapon but kept it out of sight at the ready.

24 9.30%
  • Drew weapon and presented it in defense of self or other but did not fire.

39 15.12%
  • Drew weapon and fired for defense of self or others.

8 3.10%
  • Other, please state.

4 1.55%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Actual Usage of Concealed Carry.

I had that thought thru but I was in traffic and pinned by other cars... of course no one even turned an eye to this. I had planned to slam the driver door into him so I could run if he broke the window. luckily my little ole ranger was tougher than I thought. still scared the tar out of me...

2. Remove Ads

Exclamation Remember "Apocalypse Now?" NEVER GET OUT OF THE BOAT!

Quote Originally Posted by glockgirl16 View Post
    I had planned to slam the driver door into him so I could run if he broke the window. luckily my little ole ranger was tougher than I thought.
    Close. If he breaks the driver's side window, Grab his arm and still take off. If you're stuck in traffic, manuever around or use the vehicle to shove somebody out of the way. That's one reason when you stop behind another car if you can see the rear wheels from behind your own steering wheel, you have room to go around. That's one reason to own a good SUV 4x4 so you can shove folks out of the way or hop curbs etc. But don't exit the vehicle if it is still functional.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Sponsor
    ExSoldier;

Good advice. We were trained in EP work to leave 1 to 1.5 car lengths between us and the vehicle ahead of us to be able to "move" from the spot we were in, even if only that distance.

In glockgirl16's situation, if you had the 1-1.5 car length in traffic, you could drive forward quickly, throw it in reverse and then repeat and rinse as necessary. Hard for someone to "get in" or reach into the vehicle when they are being taken for a ride, no matter how short or abrupt.

One of the cardinal rules to my thinking is keeping that distance at all times for a way out. My wife forgets ocassionally, but not often. It's something that once you do enough times, you'll always do it out of habit.

Brownie
    The mind is the limiting factor

Quick Kill Rifle and Pistol Instructor

had 1 draw and fire event 1 vs 4 bad guys, they made tha mistake of grabbing my wife... I fired 1 round... they left with 1 wounded

have had to draw down a couple of times, Miami beach in the late 80's

Columbus Ohio - in November of 2006 didn't draw but a fs 1911 in a IWB against a bright white dress shirt ... had the same effect

have had a few other instances but just the one shot... (had some really hairy ones in the military in the 80's in central America and stateside)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links