Defensive Carry banner

Did you have time or ability to chamber a round?

• Yes

Votes: 6 24.0%
  • NO

Votes: 19 76.0%
Status
Not open for further replies.

For those that answered yes.

1K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  P95Carry 
#1 · (Edited)
Ok, this only goes to the people that answered

Drew weapon and fired in defense of self or others.

Or Other, please state in the poll that I started last week.

For those 12 people at this time that answered in the last two groups, the question is.

Did you have time or the ability if you were carrying an auto when you were forced to draw your weapon and fire your weapon in defense of yourself or another? To chamber a round is supposed to be in there, duh. I guess I screwed this one up, maybe you all understood, sorry.

I am putting this in a yes or no poll because I understand that if you answered and didn't give a response you may not want to elaborate or want anyone two know circumstances etc. I respect your privacy and understand. I am assuming that since you all were honest enough to answer yes to pulling the trigger you will answer this honestly also.

Thank you.

This is not intended to rehash the thread as to whether or not you should or shouldn't carry with one in the chamber. This is intended to present actual cases as to whether or not it was possible. Let the answers fall where they may.

See less See more
#2 ·
Yes in all 3 situations. Two were pulling gun out of bedside stand when something happened in the middle of the night. (Alarm system and a bunch of dogs give me a comfortable feeling that I'll get a heads up and thus will have time to lock and load as happened to us twice). The other time was back a few years when I had the CWP but never carried- I got stuck in a bad area and worsening situation in my car. I responded to the situation (it really looked to me as if a riot was about to start next to me) by pulling the gun out and covertly inside my car chambering a round, after I double checked the doors locked.

Nowadays I do CCW with a round chambered everywhere it's legal for me to do so. It's not hard for me to think of say robbery situations where I wouldn't have those valuable seconds to draw and make ready, so I'd better be as ready as safely possible.

#4 ·
Maybe I wasn't clear enough.

Ok, how can we have 16 responses to the poll when only 12 people were eligible to take part in this one.

If you actually read the poll, it is only for those people that participated in the poll for Actual Usage of Concealed Carry, and answered Drew Weapon and fired in defense of self or other, or Other, please state.

Very difficult to get good results when the data isn't accurate.

#5 ·
Saw your poll just now (both of them). I was forced to draw on an individual that approached me very rapidly in a parking lot. I did not have time to chamber a round. I would have had I moved a vehicle between us better, but had that happened I might not have had to draw anyway. Coulda, woulda shoulda though, in my case, I did not have to time to chamber a round.

#8 ·
moot. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.