angry guy wants to fight - Page 2

angry guy wants to fight

This is a discussion on angry guy wants to fight within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; We have four...with cars parked in their driveways...perhaps a local contact may help. We've had a few speeders in the summer...usually when groups of us ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: angry guy wants to fight

Any Cops Live In Your Neighborhood?

We have four...with cars parked in their driveways...perhaps a local contact may help.
    We've had a few speeders in the summer...usually when groups of us are sitting together in someone's driveway...

Last time a construction worker went speeding by, the group all yelled to slow down...the guy came back to a crowd of about 7-8 people...he nodded and waved...and was driving much slower.

We like our 'hood...

In your situation, I would just get his plate number and report it...
    When he drove backwards to speak to you, I would have walked away...you're no chicken...your armed, and you need to back down or walk away from loud mouths like him...he'll get his, and it's spinning out in the cosmos right now...just waiting to strike!

OMO

Stay armed...use common sense...stay safe!

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array ArmyCop's Avatar
    Pen and paper - or - movie cam or other type cam. Freeze Plus P spray might me good to have in console of vehicle.
    For God, Family and Country!

"I did not want to look like a chicken."

Man, if you are carrying a concealed weapon you better look like, walk like and cluck like a bloody chicken.

If this had escalated in to a shooting situation a lawyer would have a "field day" with that statement. What is it they say about pride before a fall?

Even if I don't have a duty to retreat, when on my own time, I will if I safely can. In my house is another story, but on the street E&E is what I do best.

I have been in an "Armed Encounter" and between you and me, there is nothing fun, glamorous or heroic about it.

Biker
    Last edited by BikerRN; April 12th, 2007 at 04:43 AM.

I have problems off and on with a business across the parking lot from mine. A large body shop that employs a large number of "gangsta's". It's boom cars, drag racing in the parking lot, drug deals you name it, we've had it on occasion. I just make it a point to stop in and have a talk with my local PD whenever stupidity reaches intolerable levels or the drugs start up again. Then we suddenly have patrol cars cruising the parking lot several times a day. Amazing how peaceful all those "gangsta's" get when that starts.

Don't be afraid to get LE in on it now. Description, plate number and report his dangerous behaviour every time he tears up the street. Chances are he's had contact with them or soon will. They will just keep their eyes open more and that will certainly help you. As one cop told me when I reported one of the neighboring bad boys statement of " Ain no cop bad enuf to mess wid me", "Oh, we just love those guys! They're a lot of fun!"
    If you stand up and be counted, from time to time you may get yourself knocked down. But remember this: A man flattened by an opponent can get up again. A man flattened by conformity stays down for good. ~ Thomas J. Watson, Jr.

Better you decided not to fight.Fighting is against the law.Period.Both sides.No such thing as self defense in a fistfight if you decide to fight back because you are then as guilty as they are of assault,unless you are just outright jumped on and getting beatup and not putting up any defense or are overpowered by their size or skills.Legally,retreat is what you are supposed to do in a hand to hand situation.No matter how skilled or what size you are or who is at fault.There is such a thing in the law as 'equitable' defense.You have to use the same amount of skill or power against an opponent,as they use on you,in hand to hand combat.This is in the public view.Not someone breaking into your home.We know the rules in that situation.But,most people do not know the rules out in public when comes to hand to hand combat because we have been under educated since we were in the 5th grade and having that fight with a kid on the playground.We've been led to believe our whole lives thats its a 'mans' thing to do or we are cowards or yellow if you dont fight back and you run away your a wussie.Well,the law says different, and if you are brought before a judge you'll find out real quick what the law really says about it.Google it for yourselves and study it.I know.Ive been there.Ive studied and continue to study now martial arts and boxing,almost my entire life,and I'm 5'10" by 250lbs.Still.I would walk away no matter.Go to the house quick as you can.Close the door.Call non emergency 911 and report the speeder and aggressor.He comes to your door,ignore him.He comes in the door,unauthorized,then you got the right to protect your self by any means necessary.Out in the street, or the driveway,another story.You arent being a coward.You are being smart.And law abiding.

http://www.bushipower.com/sd_law.php
    Last edited by nofearfactor; April 10th, 2007 at 05:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nofearfactor View Post
    Better you decided not to fight.Fighting is against the law.Period.
    Unless attacked. Unless an unwilling participant. The reality is: it's the O.P.'s home. There is very little retreat that can be done. If cornered then attacked, the felon's attack may rightfully be stopped. Only barbarous localities require someone to withstand a violent attack without means of defense. It's not legal and not justifiable (the barbarism requiring zero defensive posture).
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Carrying means that we have to walk away from such a situation. If you wish to fight, do not carry a gun.

Call the police and report the incident NOW! I know, you feel silly reporting it this much after the fact. Doesn't matter. Do it anyway.

You need to get it on the record that he threatened you (which is exactly what he did). If this blowhard ever tries to make good on his threats then having your complaint on record ahead of time may very well make the difference between you being charged and not charged. And believe me, no matter how innocent you are, if you get charged it is going to cost you a TON of money!

Quote Originally Posted by crankinNM View Post
    I guess I could have said "thanks for stopping" and went around to the back of his truck and started taking his license plate...............
    I wouldn't put yourself behind his truck. It could turn out with the police taking his license plate from the dent it left in your forehead.

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy W. View Post
    Carrying means that we have to walk away from such a situation. If you wish to fight, do not carry a gun.
    Wiser words have seldom been spoken.

Matt
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

Angry Guy Wants To Fight

UNFORTUNATELY WHAT YOU HAVE EXPERIENCED IS NOT A UNCOMMON PROBLEM.MORE AND MORE I SEE THIS TYPE OF FECES TO BE A GROWING PAIN IN THE ASS. HE SHOUD BE MEDICATED. I LEARNT IT WAS BEST TO LET IT GO AND HOPEFULLY THEY MEET ONE LIKE THEMSELVES. AND KILL EACH OTHER.

VIP Member
    NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality
    Be a Rattlesnake.

Distance is your friend and Avoid and slither way at all cost. Only after this has failed and your backed into a corner make a loud verbal warning for others to hear, and strike only in fear of being devoured.
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

A few folks have already covered it- pride disappears. I would also add to the repertoire: get OC, practice with it; get a koppo or fist-load, practice.

Its all well and good to talk avoidence (I've stayed happy in life with this policy ), but it won't necessarily be a possibility. Have more tools in the box than just a hammer.

He got out, started the verbal "exchange"(aka, "assault"). Your wife should have been on the cell to 911, and you would be perfectly entitled to have your spray (concealed) in hand. One verbal, "Hey, I'm not looking for trouble, we're just walking...", he comes closer, he gets some spice.

We go thru this same thing in our neighborhood with speeders.My kids skateboard and play frisbee and basketball and they know better than to be in the street anyways,but still,you're gonna be at some point and these kids literally have to run for their lives many times.Not much can be done other than reporting maybe.

Just stay out of their way I suppose is the best thing to do.People just want to drop and fight anymore these days over just about anything.My wife is constantly ******* someone off in traffic by screaming at them or whatever for cutting her off or whatever and never thinking of the possibility that someone is going to stop someday and want to rumble with her,or worse.And she couldn't fight her way out of a wet bag with holes in it.A Sunday school teacher with not a violent bone in her body but a bad attitude out on the roads.Me,I'm calm and cool and collected and just wave at em when they cut me off or swerve at me or whatever.Doesnt bother me in the least.I will let anyone in front of me when waiting.People step on my foot and I apologize to them for my foot being there.I'm big and naturally muscular and bulky looking and still have a good frame at 38 from years as a bodybuilder and boxer and athlete when I was younger.But I'm as non offensive as I can be to anybody.I just let it all roll off of me.Lifes too short to get into it with every one I meet.Maybe I'm just getting older and wiser.When I was younger I thought I could whip anybody with my hands and feet.i didnt carry pistol back then,for one,it wasnt legal in Oklahoma.Now,I just carry my pistol wherever I go(legally anyways), keep my mouth shut,my eyes open,look over my shoulder wherever I am, and hope to hell no one ever messes with me or breaks into my home or car or messes with any of my family.Hopefully I can get thru this life without getting killed or worse yet,having to kill someone.

Yep, this is definitely a downside to carrying a gun. You have to look like a wuss sometimes and walk away from a fight. Just remember though, you are doing them (the blowhards) a favor by not getting involved in a fight where they might wind up dead. By reigning in your temper and pride and backing out of a fight, you are literally granting them another day to be an a-hole, which makes you the bigger man.

To address your situation, you probably could have called the police on that guy. Tell them he was speeding through your neighborhood, stopped and confronted you when he saw you watching him, and I guarantee you the police will not take kindly to his behavior. Police will respond to calls about irresponsible or erratic driving, so they would definitely respond to a call like this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links