angry guy wants to fight

This is a discussion on angry guy wants to fight within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; When the man-child asked what you were looking at you could have calmly repiled "I was looking at you because it looked like you had ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: angry guy wants to fight

TPO
    When the man-child asked what you were looking at you could have calmly repiled "I was looking at you because it looked like you had an emergency situation. I'll go call 911 and the paramedics for you. We are neighbors". A kind steady attitude and gentle firm words usually disarms idots because you have reacted differently from what they have expected. Then start walking very fast towards your home and call 911. People like this are black-holes of stupidity..do not allow their behavior to suck you into something foolish and regretable. As a Texas Peace Officer I deal with folks like this much more than I care to; but it is part of my job. You did discover one very good fact about yourself from this.....now you know in future encounters you experience tunnel vision during "fight or flight scenerios". Keep your head on a swivel and force yourself to think slowly and cooly.....train and train and train. You strive for "muscle memory" type reactions controlled by concisous thought. Everything came out well this time so my advice is to learn from it and move forward. May God continue to bless you and your wife.

2. Remove Ads

file a report. the guy threatened you.

At this point, you better file a complaint against him with LE for reckless driving (too fast for conditions/speeding 20mph over posted speed limit could be the charge) and for threats (I'm sure they'll help you with the complaint). This will get LE to look out for him in the future and may work towards you shall you get involved in future altercations with him.

Be ready for the guy to scratch the paint on your car, leave a dead animal on your yard, etc. Watch out for him to go "crazy for cocoa pops" in the future and try to hurt you or your family - you are on his radar from now on.

Walking over and writting down his license plate number, while perfectly legal, wouldn't have been a smart move at that time - you don't have a Saber radio with you, dispatch on the other side of the mike and the boys in blue ready to come down to help if you got into a fight (at best you have a cell phone and 911 [what is it called again - dial a prayer?]).

Get some distance in between you and the threat if you can, and never assume the other guy doesn't have a gun and is willing to use it just for the fun of it - you got lucky he was just a hot headed guy. How fast could you have presented your firearm from where you had it packed? Have you tried it before under stress?

Sit down with an attorney who deals with criminal cases, then one who covers civil litigation, so they explain lethal force in your jurisdiction and what you should be doing legaly in a self defense scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by TPO View Post
    When the man-child asked what you were looking at you could have calmly repiled "I was looking at you because it looked like you had an emergency situation. I'll go call 911 and the paramedics for you. We are neighbors". A kind steady attitude and gentle firm words usually disarms idots because you have reacted differently from what they have expected.
    Great answer. I love it!

Quote Originally Posted by TPO View Post
    You did discover one very good fact about yourself from this.....now you know in future encounters you experience tunnel vision during "fight or flight scenerios". Keep your head on a swivel and force yourself to think slowly and cooly.....train and train and train. .
    True.

I did not report this.

The cops are real busy around here and I kind of fealt like if I did not make it more then it was, it would cool.

It has.

I walked to the store today for some chips and milk. Noticed a few red trucks......funny that I don't really remember the guy or his truck.......

I do appreciate all the advice............you guys helped me think it through and I appreciat it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links