Strange Situation last night..

This is a discussion on Strange Situation last night.. within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I had some kind of a strange Situation last night. I still work at "the old Place" for the rest of the week (just mentioning ...

Thread: Strange Situation last night..

Formerly OKC, OK; Currently Karlsruhe, Germany

Strange Situation last night..

I had some kind of a strange Situation last night. I still work at "the old Place" for the rest of the week (just mentioning it in case someone wonders about the other thread about my new employer). This "old place" is a nice Hotel, one of the "more expensive ones" here in town. Our Guests spend about $110 a night, all the other cockroach places range at about $30-40 a night. It's a nice modern Building, a well-lit parking lot, right next to the interstate.

Anyway, at about 4:00 in the morning, i heard something at the back entrance. Since there is also a parking lot behind the hotel, Guests can enter the Building through that door. I sounded like someone is trying to come in but can't get the door open. So i left the Front Desk and walked to the back door to see what's going on. Since i can't carry yet , i took the night key (which has a nice 2ft and 2 inch wide hard wooden stick attached to it) and my o/c with me.

I found a guy, propably in his mid-20's, grey sweater w/ hoodie. He was kinda surprised after he saw me and told me that his car broke down and he needs to make a phone call. There is a public phone in the gas station right next to us, so i told him to go there. He replied "hm, yeah, i know...". I told him that i can't help him and told him to leave the property.

Now i was standing at the Front Desk, thinking about calling the cops, so they can check on that guy, when another Customer (a Trucker from the Truck Stop) walked in and told me that there's a guy in a grey sweater (ok) out there in the parking lot, asking him for money or for a ride.

At this point, i called the Police Department and a cop showed up about 2 minutes later. I told him the whole story while another officer patroulled the parking lot and found the guy. I don't know what the deal was, but they finally gave him a ride downtown and thanked me for reporting him. I guess i have to check the public reports in tomorrows newspaper to see what they booked him for.

I'm thinking about the situation right now and i guess i shouldn't have opened the door to talk to that guy in the first place. On the other hand, he could be a customer who just had problems with the door. Any thoughts about that?

2. Remove Ads

Sounds like you did the right thing to me. Any ordinary person would have noticed the door was locked and come around if they needed to use the phone, instead of trying to keep prying it open. At least you gave him the option of going on his way first. Too bad he didn't take it.
    "No man's life, liberty, or property is safe while the Congress is in session."
    Mark Twain
    S&W M&P 40

Lead Moderator
    That does seem like strange behavior. If my key card doesn't work in the hotel door, the first place I'm going is to the desk to find out why. Good call with the Police!
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Sounds like you did a good job.

Kudos to you.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Senior Member Array rangerman2003's Avatar
    good job, way to be safe
    Calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant' is like calling a drug dealer an 'unlicensed pharmacist'

De inimico non Loquaris sed cogites.

Do not wish ill for your enemy, plan for it!

Doesn't sound like he was a Mormon Missionary...you did well!

Also impressed with the time of the PD response...more info needed...keep us posted!

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Formerly OKC, OK; Currently Karlsruhe, Germany
    I couldn't find out what they booked him for. I hope i'll get more information soon. The response time was so fast because this is a very small town and a cruiser is at most a mile away all the time.

Links