scumbags disguised as cops - Page 2

scumbags disguised as cops

This is a discussion on scumbags disguised as cops within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; AFIK (and I know of three, off the top of my head, including the AZ shoot), no legit homeowner has survived an entry, when the ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: scumbags disguised as cops

AFIK (and I know of three, off the top of my head, including the AZ shoot), no legit homeowner has survived an entry, when the HO fired on LE.

This goes a long way to demonstrating mindset: the BGs bug out or barricade effectively at the drop of a hat. The GGs aren't expecting a full-blown assault team, but a home-invader/burgler. BIG difference.

Unless they're incompetent(SWAT), the dogs are dead within about 2 seconds of being seen-they won't have a chance to bite much.

Reality check guys- whatever FUs may happen, you're still talking about professionals. Unless they bog down(as in 3-4 of the stack dropped hard and fast), there won't be an opportunity to "consider" or look at what's coming down on you/us.
    Last edited by Rob72; April 12th, 2007 at 06:15 PM.

Distinguished Member Array Bob The Great's Avatar
    This pops up every once in a while, and generally, it's a nightmare situation. If you shoot (and if you have time to shoot), and it turns out to be a mistaken raid, you're in your boxers up against a number of heavily armed and armoured men who are trained to work in a team - not good odds. If you don't shoot, and it turns out to be some BG's posing as cops, you'll be robbed/raped/murdered, and possibly with your own weapon.

About your only option that doesn't involve your own death is to have some kind of safe-room that will slow the attackers, buying you time and the ability to determine if they really are cops. Unfortunately, these are expensive and rare, and you still have to make it to the room in the first place.

Home Invasion or Cops...

what a nightmare!

No BG's in our home or neighborhood (that I know of...), at least not in the neighboring 12 houses.

Someone crashing through our front of rear door is going to be met with gunfire...

OMO

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

That is things that happen when We The People let Peace Officers become Law Enforcement. Their is a big difference between the two
    Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.
    John F. Kennedy

Senior Member Array BruceGibson's Avatar
    I stand corrected on the "repeal" of k & a. I was flat wrong on that one as a result of reliance of inaccurate info. For that, I apologize. What DID occur is the Supremes pulled the TEETH from the law. In other words, what used to pack the potential to draw blood can now only gum you into submission. The Supremes apparently didn't repeal the law, but they did effectively castrate it.

The only knock you may hear may quite likely be the knock of your door being slammed in. And any evidence acquired will likely not be subject to the exclusionary rule as a result of the lack of teeth in the new, liberally construed (worthless) K&A rule...this is bad news for bad guys, but horrifying for the victims of erroneous searches.

Many details of these events are not publicized, for reasons outside control of LE and the news.
    If I'm judging anyone here correctly, the people on this board can put this on the bottom of "stuff to worry about" list. Waaaay down the list.
    Last edited by sheepdog; April 16th, 2007 at 08:31 AM.

Senior Member Array BruceGibson's Avatar
    I agree with Gumby...I mean, sheepdog

It's a highly unlikely scenario.

This is a very tough and very dangerous situation for sure and a situation where someone is likely to end up dead.

I am way lucky in this standpoint as I am a medic on the sheriff's entry team so an organized ligitimate raid on my home, I would more then likely be part of the team.

I know every city cop, deputy, and State Trooper in my county and a lot in neighboring counties. If it was a raid from the multi-jurisdictional drug task force, again, I know enough of them that at least one of them would be on the raid.

So anyone breaking in my door claiming to be cops.... Well... The Fights on!

But for those not in my situation... All I can say is play it real cool... Have a weapon hidden and in very close proximity. It won't take long at all for you to realize they are NOT LEO's. When that is the case you can only hope that they don't know you as a gun owner and hope for an opportunity.

Home Invasions are very deadly situations and the home owner, even though he is in his own home, are usually at a serious disadvantage. Especially when the BG's are impersonating LEO's.

One good thought is usually the BG's that are desparate enough to do home invasions on occupied dwellings are druggies that are desparate to support their habit. Most times they have very poor tactics and even poorer situational awareness that may give you an edge if you keep your wits and have at least thought through similar scenario's in your training.

However, druggies are usually wacked out on drugs when they do these things and are very unpredictable and wound tighter than an 8 day clock.

No doubt about it, Home Invasions are among The Most Deadly of Situations to be in.

Good luck and remember, if it comes down to just plain luck... luck favors the prepared mind.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

I don't deal with drugs, hang out with drug users, nor break the law. I pay my taxes, have a legitimate job, and I only buy legal firearms and don't deal with any type of explosives. I am an american patriot and would die for the constitution and what it stands for.

There is NO reason for the cops to come knocking.

Someone kicks my door in I am going to give them a 12 gauge surprise after they pull the two rottweilers off their asses. If it's cops then I guess it was mine and their time to die.

A noisy, violent break-in to my home is going to be met with resistance, to the degree necessary to repel the attack. As I am not a criminal and have nothing that cannot await 8am to call me about, the only such break-in can be criminal. My life would be at risk. I would defend it, at no matter the cost to those breaking in. It would have to be assumed that the folks breaking in were criminal; there's no way around that.

That is the problem with no-knock entry to homes. It's going to get folks killed. Either LEO's or innocent, upstanding citizens, or both.

It's a bad, dangerous policy. Sure, with criminals who will fight to the death, it's a crucial step that needs to be taken in situations where the criminals are armed, violent and an immediate risk to those around them. Law enforcement folks have a tough job. However, when those same militarized tactics are applied (either accidentally or otherwise) to upstanding citizens, then injury or death will result from the inevitable clash if the break-in is made to the home of someone prepared to defend.

This is a simple tactic in the tool box of criminals, masquerading as someone else. It happens on the street. It's not a surprise that it happens with a little uniform at people's homes. Smart, from the criminals' viewpoint. Dangerous from the LEO's perspective. Deadly, for the average upstanding citizen who is being jumped on at 3am ... or for the poor sod(s) in the lane of fire attempting the jumping. Bad news all the way around.

I hope the simple lunacy of such policies catch like wildfire and spread to every corner of every department in every juristiction in this country. Congress, too, though I won't hold my breath on that score.

Quote Originally Posted by sheepdog View Post
    ... the people on this board can put this on the bottom of "stuff to worry about" list. Waaaay down the list.
    Home invasions? Heck, a couple/three home invasions occur weekly in the city where I live.

Fairly frequently, it's met with armed resistance. There have been some publicized no-knock entries in the past year, and each has been described in the papers as having captured a druggie's den of thieves, a murderer on the lam, or whatever. Unknown if any have occurred due to mistaken identity. I have yet to hear of uniformed masqueraders attempting such a thing in this area. But in a city of 2M (major metro & surrounding), it's just a matter of time.
    Last edited by ccw9mm; May 5th, 2007 at 08:43 AM.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Distinguished Member Array ArmyCop's Avatar
    That sucks big time. I live in a small city and am a volunteer auxiliary police officer for the same. I know all the officers and they know me and most know where I live. If anyone pretends to be the police and tries that at my house - I don't think it'd work.
    For God, Family and Country!

Senior Member Array Smith&Wessonfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jeep45238 View Post
    Let the lead fly. Hopefully I won't die, but if I do, I'm going down fighting. Period.
    That makes two of us.

One of the big advantages to small-town America is the cops already know who are the good guys and who are the bad. Heck, everybody knows everybody elses business.
    Last edited by obxned; May 5th, 2007 at 11:14 PM.
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

Senior Member Array Smith&Wessonfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by obxned View Post
    Heck, everybody knows everyboy elses business.
    Not an advantage to those who wish to keep their private lives private.

I am lucky that I know all the law enforcement in my town...and they know me. I also believe a bounty hunter has to have good information that they person they seek is in a residence. I am afraid if they made that big of a mistake of breaking down MY door...I would have to react with lethal force. I know no one in my household is a wanted felon. I also know that criminals will say anything to gain access. If I knew for sure that they were mistaken bounty hunters...I wouldn't be out to kill them, BUT how would I know at 3 in the morning who they actually are? Giving this much thought...I would have to defend myself. I really challenge the statement that a bounty hunter has the right to bust down any door...I believe they are required to have solid evidence that their prey was on the other side of the door.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links