scumbags disguised as cops

This is a discussion on scumbags disguised as cops within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; hot off the press, happened here early this morning, something for everyong to think about, this happened down the road in Lubbock last year several ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: scumbags disguised as cops

VIP Member

hot off the press, happened here early this morning, something for everyong to think about, this happened down the road in Lubbock last year several times and now its happened here

http://newschannel10.com/Global/story.asp?S=6357675
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

"I got a touch of hangover bureaucrat, don't push me"
    --G.W. McClintock

Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

Senior Member Array BruceGibson's Avatar
    That's just scary as heck. How do you deal with that one if someone's pounding on your door hollering "police," etc? Or, because the "knock & announce" rule is history, they don't knock or announce...they just kick your door in. You can't possibly know if they're law enforcement or not. And if they are cops, do they have the wrong house?

A few months back in Atlanta, Georgia, a little old lady's door got kicked in as a result of a drug informant allegedly lying to police about the house a dealer was working out of. LEO's played it fast & loose with the facts and got a search warrant. They broke through the door, were fired upon by the elderly female tenant (who thought she was the victim of a home-invasion), and ultimately killed her with return fire.

The Supreme Court, in repealing "knock & announce," clearly has no concerns about the sanctity of your home, and despite my belief that the overwhelming majority of law enforcement officers are honest and well-intentioned, we DO have situations like this. And one of these is one too many.

So... it's 3 A.M. Your door's been kicked in and you're faced with armed intruders. What do you do?

Quote Originally Posted by BruceGibson View Post
    So... it's 3 A.M. Your door's been kicked in and you're faced with armed intruders. What do you do?
    Let the lead fly. Hopefully I won't die, but if I do, I'm going down fighting. Period.

Senior Member Array tanksoldier's Avatar
    Gotta shoot. It may be a mistake, but nobody has a legitimate reason to kick in my door.
    "I am a Soldier. I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight." GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

Distinguished Member Array p8riot's Avatar
    Let my dogs (Malinois) hold 'em off until we are awake enough to assess the situation. They have been trained police dogs, and are not afraid to go after the guy with the gun.

Fortunately I know most of the police on the force and they know me. This is not likely to happen, and if it does it is most assuredly a home invasion, and has been said already the lead's gonna fly (if they haven't already been incapacitated or chased off by the dogs).
    "You can get more with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone." - Al Capone

The second amendment is the reset button of our Constitution.

I'm afraid that I wouldn't have time to ask to see their ID. I gotta assume that anyone kicking in my door has some seriously ill intent.
    Spend few minutes learning about my journey from Zero to Athlete in this
    Then check out my blog! www.BodyByMcDonalds.com

Cupcake - 100 pound loser, adventurer, Ironman Triathlete.

I ran into a "bounty hunter" a while back who was bragging that he could enter my house at ANY time. Like I told him, you come kicking in my door in the middle of the night, you will be met with extreme violence. No one in my home is a BG...I know...I live there. If you come through the door on your feet...I pretty much guarantee you won't be leaving on them.

Senior Member Array Smith&Wessonfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dunndw View Post
    I ran into a "bounty hunter" a while back who was bragging that he could enter my house at ANY time.
    It is my understanding that bounty hunters do not need a search warrant to enter since they are not agents of the government. The flip side of the coin is that since they are not police officers you do not need to let them in.

If you clearly verbalize that they have the wrong house and they insist on coming in, IMO they have stopped being "fugitive recovery agents" or whatever name they want to be called these days and have become illegal home invaders. They have now opened the door to a confrontation that has a high likelyhood of them ending up dead or severely injured.

Quote Originally Posted by Smith&Wessonfan View Post
    It is my understanding that bounty hunters do not need a search warrant to enter since they are not agents of the government. The flip side of the coin is that since they are not police officers you do not need to let them in.

If you clearly verbalize that they have the wrong house and they insist on coming in, IMO they have stopped being "fugitive recovery agents" or whatever name they want to be called these days and have become illegal home invaders. They have now opened the door to a confrontation that has a high likelyhood of them ending up dead or severely injured.

I don't think that you even need to tell them they have the wrong house. The burden is on them to KNOW that their fugitive is there, They cannot kick in doors because he might be there. If they think they KNOW, but are wrong, they have still comitted a crime.
    Spend few minutes learning about my journey from Zero to Athlete in this
    Then check out my blog! www.BodyByMcDonalds.com

Cupcake - 100 pound loser, adventurer, Ironman Triathlete.

If you have no dirtbag neighbors, odds of real LE hitting you are pretty low. If you have DB neighbors, you may want to do some research- there are legitimately taught counters to "The Stack". I've worked back-up to LE , and have no urge to do them injury. Conversely, if there is a mistake on the part of LE, better them than me. My wife filing a wrongful-death suit on my behalf is no great outcome. Better yet would be to be proactive, and be widely known amongst local LE as being the "Good Guy" living next to the AHole, with neon GG signs flashing in your yard..

In either eventuality, you'll be facing an uphill battle- against real LE you aren't too likely to come out on top, barring an act of God, or unless you're GI Joe on flaming rollerskates with a minigun. Bad guys usually run when the first one or two go down. Its the first one or two that present a problem.........

I'm not a BG so there is no reason to enter my house. If I get on my feet I will have an FN in my hands with 20 round of 308. to fight my way to the safe, where I have at least two weapons have loaded clips. Don't reload,just change weapons. I also have an alarm system. Sometimes you need real backup. The system I have is a hands free, I don't have to answer a phone to talk with the company. I can shoot and YELL for help. I would feel bad for the nieghbors though, I don't know if my brick house would contain the 308. rounds.

me
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob72 View Post
    If you have DB neighbors... Better yet would be to be proactive, and be widely known amongst local LE as being the "Good Guy" living next to the AHole, with neon GG signs flashing in your yard..
    WE did have some dirtbag neighbors for a while and they HATED that we were friends with all of the local cops... First party my folks held to show off the new house scared the entire neighborhood and made them understand not to screw with us real quick. We were never with out a cop car or more, an ambulance or more and plenty of Firefighters with lights on there car for the entire party in our drive way. The Dirt bag next door hated us but his wife loved us because when he would get drunk and beat her she knew where to run and he knew not to even try to come over.

We are still close with most of the cops through the FD but many of our younger cops dont know us as well as the "Old timers". Heck I grew up getting the cops drinks at our parties... Uniform ment soda, street close ment Beer.

Guess at this point it pays to have dad on Emergency Management and on a first name basis with the Chief of Police.
    Mark

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

-James Earl Jones

VIP Member
    ...Or, because the "knock & announce" rule is history, they don't knock or announce...they just kick your door in....The Supreme Court, in repealing "knock & announce," clearly has no concerns about the sanctity of your home...
    This is rather misleading... The SCotUS did not repeal knock and announce - they simply eased up on the penalties for violating it. In the past, if a police officer/agency was found to have violated the provisions of the K&A rules, then any evidence they collected during the warrant service was almost always thrown out in its entirety. All the new rules say is that automatic evidence exclusion is not going to happen in every case where K&A has been violated. There are still plenty of remedies - civil rights suits chief among them - but the evidence collected now has a chance of seeing the light of day.

Here's a good link to what the new law actually entails: http://www.law.com/jsp/article.jsp?id=1150362317902
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

Distinguished Member Array SixBravo's Avatar
    I seem to recall something like this happening down in Scottsdale a few years back. Cops hit the wrong house and the owner fired back. I think the Team killed the guy and his wife but the kids made it out okay.

I won't publicly say anything as far as how I would handle the situation, but I think some here will know.
    The Gunsite Blog
    ITFT / Quick Kill Review
    "It is enough to note, as we have observed, that the American people have considered the handgun to be the quintessential self-defense weapon." - Justice Scalia, SCOTUS - DC v Heller - 26 JUN 2008

I agree with P8triot. They'll meet my Dobie. She's a Schutzhund dog and loves bite work.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links