Defensive Carry banner

Thief in the car

4K views 45 replies 32 participants last post by  Rob72 
#1 ·
So the other night a buddy of mine came across this situation in the parking lot at work. Keep in mind that he is not carrying.

As he approaches his car he notices someone is in it, rifling through stuff. He quickly advances catching the would be thief off guard saying get the "h" out of my car!, what do you think you are doing?, etc. Thief gets out of car and starts talking smack to my friend about his mom and girlfriend. Because my buddy doesn't have a girlfriend, he only begins to smile and keeps approaching quickly closing the distance between him and the thief. The thief who is wielding a motorcycle helmet in one hand and a set of keys in the other like he is going to use them to stab begins to look like he wants to fight. My friend who is good sized just keeps smiling and walking straight at him telling him he is going to kick the "s" out of him. The thief really begins to assess the situation and realizes this smiling guy is really going to wallop on him so he begins to appologize for breaking into the car. My friend trying to decide whether to let him have it or not asks what did you take? Answer - nothing..., so he lets him go. He looks in the car and sees the two DVD's and the stereo looking fine so he believes him and lets him walk away. As it turns out he ended up taking only about $5 worth of change from the ashtray.

How would you have handled the situation had you been carrying?

See less See more
#46 ·
Why are we discussing shooting him? Jack his kidneys, thump his head pulling him from the car. Your POV is you means of livlihood. Unless you do a jump-stomp on his chest or face, LE is really unlikely to have a problem with you "encouraging" someone trying to abscond with your vehicle. If you don't feel you could "bushwhack" him, certainly, call & wait.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.