How to handle two BG's

This is a discussion on How to handle two BG's within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I just ran across this article and although there isn't much information, I was wondering what techniques one should use to keep two BG's from ...

Thread: How to handle two BG's

How to handle two BG's

I just ran across this article and although there isn't much information, I was wondering what techniques one should use to keep two BG's from gaining an advantage and taking your weapon from you. The clerk found himself at a distinct disadvantage with one covering him while the other took his belongings. The clerk is still alive so all said, he made out ok but...

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=1109461

Police are looking for the criminals who robbed a Mexican market in Salt Lake City.

Late last night, two men walked into the Acapulco market at 850 South 1430 West. One man held up the clerk with a shotgun. The second man jumped behind the counter and stole the clerk's wallet, plus a handgun that was in the clerk's waistband.

The clerk is OK. He didn't have a specific description of the two robbers, but did provide police with some details about the car they were driving.

It's a gray Chevy Corsica with the numbers 521 or 531 as the first numbers on the license plate. If you see a vehicle with a similar description, please call Salt Lake City police.

This sounds similar to a rash of robberies in the last month, but police think they are not related.

Lt. Gary Layton of the Salt Lake City Police department said, "We don't believe this is connected in any way to the restaurant robberies we've been having. It was a different type of shotgun, different words were used by the suspects who went inside."
    Semper Paratus (Always Ready)

2. Remove Ads

sounds to me like in this situation you don't have any choice in the matter.
    Your covered with a shotgun and the other is on top so the abilty to draw is most non-existent, be happy to still be alive.

Sounds like the clerk was pretty much screwed here and lucky to be alive. I know I'm not fast enough to draw and fire when I'm already covered by a guy with a shotgun.

I would have to agree. One would almost have to have advance knowledge of a pending attack to be ready for something like this. I didn't really think there was an answer to handling two BG's but wanted to know if anyone else had insight that I had not considered. I know I'd be for changing my job situation.
    Semper Paratus (Always Ready)

back up, make the second guy haveta come between you and the shotgun, and voila, you got instant human garbage cover when you draw.

sounds easier than it really is, im sure, but its the only opportunity you'll have short of a miracle.

Drop behind the counter and start shooting at them - if you survived, the amount of training you got prior to the event paid off (and you were one lucky fellow).

Distinguished Member Array Bob The Great's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by briansmech View Post
    back up, make the second guy haveta come between you and the shotgun, and voila, you got instant human garbage cover when you draw.

sounds easier than it really is, im sure, but its the only opportunity you'll have short of a miracle.
    Bingo. If you have room to do so, line the two of them up so they get in each others way. This is how you handle two opponents in a sparring match too, btw. Two people standing in line are effectively one person.

Doing this from behind a counter can be tough, though. I'd say some kind of distraction (fake puking, waving arms, whatever), then dropping behind the counter or moving out to line them up, and shooting whoever's head you see first would be your best bet.

The 2nd BG, the one that took the clerk's wallet and firearm, put himself in his partner's line of fire, didn't he? That's the time for the clerk to draw and fire. The 1st guy can't fire at the clerk when 2nd BG is right there with the clerk!

I don't know the specifics but doesn't it sound like the perps knew the clerk. How else did they know that he was carrying?

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    Lets not loose sight of the fact a shotgun is no different than a rifle or any other long gun , at the apparent range you wont see shot spread , and if the shot gun is far enough back that you will then the second vca is in danger and the first is unlikely to fire . I am not fond of the " woulda, coulda, shoulda " armchair quarterbacking , but will point out that a shotgun is not necessairly and advantage .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

Find Cover...

Step to the side...shoot the F^*#@^&...as many times as possible...

OMO...YOMV...

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Links