Defensive Carry banner

Arms Fell Asleep Now What?

3K views 33 replies 28 participants last post by  cj 
#1 ·
was taking a nap in the old lazy boy the other day man i need to do more of that. anyway when i awoke from my dream of a trip to the goodie store i realized my arms were both asleep as i had falen asleep with them over my head, it was then i thought what now? that taurus on my hip is now just a fancy decoration on my hip,as i can't move my arms what do all of you think of this situation yeah i know don't fall asleep with my hands over my head i get it really what do you do in this circumstance?

#4 ·
During the time it takes for blood to get thru again and nerve function resume - frankly - you are screwed as far as arm useage goes!!!

Maybe time to find better ways to keep arms when napping!

#32 ·
ROFLMAO!!! What a visual!!!:haha:

#8 ·
I would shift positions and pretend to still be asleep - like playing dead when a bear is eating you. Once I had control of my arms again I would jump up, whip out my shooting iron, and defend myself.

How did i do? :)

Seriously, guns aren't much good if your arms aren't working. You become a victim.

#10 ·
Maybe you need a tactical recliner.

I hate to admit it but this happened to me before.

At the time, I wasn't a gun guy so screwing up my draw wasn't a concern.

The problem for me was that the recliner wasn't wide enough for my shoulders to rest comfortably flat; hence the arms going to sleep.

Do recliners come in tactical cammo? or is that a special order?

#14 ·
I completely lost my right arm while sleeping once, I did find it and everything was alright. It was in my college days and did involve some alcohol.

I was in a new apartment and didn't even have a bed yet, just a sleeping bag and a pillow. My right arm was thrown back and under the pillow under my head. I was on my back. When I woke up I went to move my arm and... nothing. No movement, no sensation at all. I looked to my right and in the moonlight could not see my arm!?!? Now I am thinking about the Monthy Python sketch where the tiger took the Brit officer's leg and in his sleep and he never noticed. Worried I use my left arm to look for my right. After a second or two my left hand connects with this cold dead thing under the pillow on my right.

I pulled my right arm out from under the pillow and just let it drop across my chest, thump. No feeling at all except for the feeling on my chest of the dead arm still attahed to my body. Fingers won't move, arm won't move, and it looks real pale in the moonlight next to my good left arm. Now I am thinking about the old rule of loosening a tourniquet, wonderring how long my arm had no blood flow and starting to think that I may be in some real trouble here. All the time that cold dead arm is laying across my chest...

FINALLY my arm began to hurt. It was the worst "pins and needles" of my life but I was thrilled because it meant something was working! Eventually it "woke up" and worked again but I know this, I couldn't do a damn thing with that arm if I needed to in an emergency while it was asleep.

#15 ·
I've had the same thing happen while sleeping normally in my bed. Sometimes I roll over onto my chest in the night and my arms end up under my torso. I wake up in the middle of the night with completely numb and useless arms. The first time it happened, I just woke up without realizing why. I tried to push myself up to roll over and ended up falling flat on my face, half asleep and very confused! My arms may as well have been sitting on a shelf for all the good they were doing me. It's only happened a few times but isn't much fun when it does. As far as it being a tactical concern... well, if someone chooses those five minutes a year that my arms don't work to break in, I'm screwed. :shrug:

#17 ·
Make sure you are practicing your torso twists at the gym. Twist your torso repeatedly side to side, flailing your arms at the attacker, and hope the multiple impacts on your arms help bring feeling back faster.

#22 ·
ROTFL....

:haha: :haha: :haha: Folks.....come on! This thread is cracking me up! I laughed so hard my boss just looked around the corner and asked what all the ruckus was about.....and I work in a loud environment.... I have to go to the gym and practice my arm-flailing skills now.....:congrats:

-Tim

#24 ·
Somebody needs to start a Basic Tactical Spitting Class, followed by Intermediate, Advanced, and Low Light Spitting. Also a Tactical Driving/Spitting Class would be good. Oh, wait...if your arms are asleep, you won't be driving. Never mind about the driving class.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.