Why I will NEVER visit NYC again

This is a discussion on Why I will NEVER visit NYC again within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Same type of thing happens on Campus here. Can't really stop them from begging but You can stop them from Begging to you....

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Why I will NEVER visit NYC again

Senior Member Array Shadowsbane's Avatar
    Same type of thing happens on Campus here. Can't really stop them from begging but You can stop them from Begging to you.
    Now, we must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men.

www.Lonelymountainleather.com

2. Remove Ads

NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality
    NYC People know how to deal with that because they have the I can't even hear what your saying atitude or sheeple atitude.

Okay DC Time may tell on this one.

DC does suck but maybe not for very long.
    Please don't confuse DC with VA. You can confuse it with MD but VA is pretty cool

Quote Originally Posted by randytulsa2 View Post
    Never, ever, ever go to NYC or DC.

Leave those places to the people who choose to live there.

They deserve those places.
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

That is freaking horrible. I am missing my cousin's wedding this weekend because it is in Staten Island (one of NYC Boroughs). I'm never going farther north than Alexandria for the simple reason that just about all the states north of there don't want me to be able to defend myself.
    Vis consili expers mole ruit sua.
    -Horace

Senior Member Array Matthew Temkin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Juggernaut View Post
    That is freaking horrible. I am missing my cousin's wedding this weekend because it is in Staten Island (one of NYC Boroughs). I'm never going farther north than Alexandria for the simple reason that just about all the states north of there don't want me to be able to defend myself.
    Staten Island is not exactly like NYC.
    Guys..NYC is quite safe.
    I have lived here all of my life and even back in the bad old days of the mid 70's to early 1980's some common sense will keep you out of trouble.
    Then again, if more people don't come visit perhaps rush hour traffic won't be so bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Temkin View Post
    Guys..NYC is quite safe.
    I have lived here all of my life and even back in the bad old days of the mid 70's to early 1980's some common sense will keep you out of trouble.
    That's WHY it's safe for YOU. I've lived in Miami FL all my life except for time in the military and away at college. I feel safe here because I know my jungle and it's predators -- their habits and hangouts quite well. It'd be easy for me to tell you: Common sense will keep you out of trouble but it won't. A good sense of Condition Yellow will go a long way to keeping you safe no matter where you are...but it doesn't quite top LIVING THERE.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Temkin View Post
    Staten Island is not exactly like NYC.
    Guys..NYC is quite safe.
    Then again, if more people don't come visit perhaps rush hour traffic won't be so bad.
    The point was: I'm not allowed to carry there. Or pretty much anywhere in the Northeast.
    Vis consili expers mole ruit sua.
    -Horace

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links