Da wifes Kmart confrontation

This is a discussion on Da wifes Kmart confrontation within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Okay so I get back from my fishing tourney late Saturday night and my wife starts telling me about her last few days. Friday she ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Da wifes Kmart confrontation

Da wifes Kmart confrontation

Okay so I get back from my fishing tourney late Saturday night and my wife starts telling me about her last few days. Friday she is at the local Super Kmart, loading up on mulch and quarts rocks for the gardens, her purse is in the truck under 5 big bags of mulch, a older disheveled man approaches her and asks her for some change. Said he is from South America and is homeless due to the American Government. My wife says she didn't have any and continued to load the truck... the guy then went to the back door of the truck and tried to open the door, she screams at him and starts yelling for help and the guy runs off. Hmmmm I say out loud... Honey, where was your gun? She replies.... it was in the truck in my purse!~ doing all I could to keep my cool I say very calmly.... Honey.... that is one of the reasons you have it is to CARRY it... NOT to have it in your purse locked in your truck! Luckily.... whenever she is loading things in the back she locks her doors.... BUT that would not have saved her if she needed to defend herself. Honey, I say..... thats why we go to the range 2 times a week and drill practice drawing and maintaining gun retention. I do believe it was a EYE OPENER for her and I DO believe that she wont purse carry anymore... lol just wait until she gets home in a little while and I ask her where her gun it! Oh yeah and just to let ya'll know.... she did find 2 bicycle LEO's on her way out of the parking lot and filled them in.... but on the sad side was there was no responce from anyone when she yelled for help.

Moral to the story.... CARRY ON YOUR BODY and always be prepared!
    Alex G.
    S&W M&P .45
    Virginia Beach, Va.
    Senior Chief Petty Officer, RETIRED, USN
    Certified NRA Pistol Instructor
    NRA Range Officer

2. Remove Ads

I'm glad she came through this with nothing more than an eye opening experience. So this idiot was homeless due to the American Government? I would have told him to go back to SA if that is the case.
    DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH. LIBERTY IS A WELL ARMED LAMB CONtestING THE VOTE.

Certified Instructor for Minnesota Carry Permit
    NRA Pistol and Personal Protection Insrtuctor
    Utah Permit Certified Instructor

I'm glad she is OK too, Off body carry is never the way to go. I hope she has learned this valuable lesson.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Just another example to add to my list of reasons to never carry off body.

Glad the wife came through it alright.
    "A simple way to take measure of a country is to look at how many want in ... And how many want out." British Prime Minister Tony Blair

VIP Member
    If you can find him, send him over my area.... I'll have a few selected words with him....in really bad spanish before I get his sorry butt in a raft to Cuba where he'll have to partake the wonders of Socialized Cuban Medicine before he can walk straight agian.
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

Assistant Administrator
    She replies.... it was in the truck in my purse!~
    Oh my- well ........ I will hope this was the salutary experience she needed, to see that total on-body carry is a must. I want my wife to see this.

How ironic it'd be, for any of us to have that type of experience but worse and think as we dodged bullets - oh heck - my gun is buried!!

Glad she was OK out of the whole deal tho.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

I am definitely glad your wife survived what we all hope was a very sobering experience.

I also hope her future tactical responses include some form of unarmed defense for just such occasions.

I'm very glad she was safe and not physically assaulted.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Guys, I agree - however - oftentimes we have to accept what she is willing to do. It's called a compromise.

My wife won't wear a pistol. PERIOD. So lets get over that. The next best thing is to have one nearby and available.

While she now carries in the car - she keeps it locked in the safe. I know this is not good, but it is better than sitting at home - and its a start in the right direction.

I am trying to convince her to carry in a more useful way - leaving it hidden (perhaps in a purse, fanny pack, briefcase) but out & available, and only locking it up when she leaves the car.

The next step - getting her to take it with her when she leaves the car. She's now considering a purse, but hasn't ordered one yet. When it happens, I'll be quite happy/proud of her.

We're both fully aware of the problems of this type of carry, but it beats having nothing, just like the little .22 is better than a stick.

Again, the word is compromise.

Quote Originally Posted by Flippinstk View Post
    Okay so I get back from my fishing tourney late Saturday night and my wife starts telling me about her last few days. Friday she is at the local Super Kmart, loading up on mulch and quarts rocks for the gardens, her purse is in the truck under 5 big bags of mulch, a older disheveled man approaches her and asks her for some change. Said he is from South America and is homeless due to the American Government. My wife says she didn't have any and continued to load the truck... the guy then went to the back door of the truck and tried to open the door, she screams at him and starts yelling for help and the guy runs off. Hmmmm I say out loud... Honey, where was your gun? She replies.... it was in the truck in my purse!~ doing all I could to keep my cool I say very calmly.... Honey.... that is one of the reasons you have it is to CARRY it... NOT to have it in your purse locked in your truck! Luckily.... whenever she is loading things in the back she locks her doors.... BUT that would not have saved her if she needed to defend herself. Honey, I say..... thats why we go to the range 2 times a week and drill practice drawing and maintaining gun retention. I do believe it was a EYE OPENER for her and I DO believe that she wont purse carry anymore... lol just wait until she gets home in a little while and I ask her where her gun it! Oh yeah and just to let ya'll know.... she did find 2 bicycle LEO's on her way out of the parking lot and filled them in.... but on the sad side was there was no responce from anyone when she yelled for help.

Moral to the story.... CARRY ON YOUR BODY and always be prepared!
    Glad she's ok. And perhaps it may well be a good thing in a way...that she now see's the light so to speak. As to no one responding to her cries for help...Unfortunately I'm beginning to see that that is an all too typical response - IE the response is to not respond..."it's not my problem, I'm staying out of it; who knows...she's just some crazy lady; anybody know what's goin' on?; quick! call the news station!". I think you know where I'm going. Reminds me of a news clip I saw from a surveilance video. It's been a few years. Guy trying to kidnap some lady right in front of a store with probably 20 witnesses...NO ONE did a thing. They all just continued to mill around, just "bah-ing" away.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the **** out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Center of the World Ma! Center of the World!
    Life is full of lessons, glads this one did not leave a mark.
    "Hell of a thing, killin' a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."
    - William Munny (Clint Eastwood in the Unfrogivin)

“The graveyards are full of indispensable men.” – Napoleon Bonaparte

“My Idea of a fair fight is beating baby seals with a club”

Quote Originally Posted by Miggy View Post
    If you can find him, send him over my area.... I'll have a few selected words with him....in really bad spanish before I get his sorry butt in a raft to Cuba where he'll have to partake the wonders of Socialized Cuban Medicine before he can walk straight agian.
    Miggy, how very un-PC! My wife hates it, but my response is always, "Whatever you want, I ain't got.", with direct eye contact and a pointed hand.

Senior Moderator
    Very glad that she's alright.

I can count on one hand the times I've off body carried. It's dangerous. What if he had gotten in her trunk and stole her purse.. Well, he'd have a gun.

It's a good lesson to learn.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrascal View Post
    Guys, I agree - however - oftentimes we have to accept what she is willing to do. It's called a compromise.

My wife won't wear a pistol. PERIOD. So lets get over that. The next best thing is to have one nearby and available.

While she now carries in the car - she keeps it locked in the safe. I know this is not good, but it is better than sitting at home - and its a start in the right direction.

I am trying to convince her to carry in a more useful way - leaving it hidden (perhaps in a purse, fanny pack, briefcase) but out & available, and only locking it up when she leaves the car.

The next step - getting her to take it with her when she leaves the car. She's now considering a purse, but hasn't ordered one yet. When it happens, I'll be quite happy/proud of her.

We're both fully aware of the problems of this type of carry, but it beats having nothing, just like the little .22 is better than a stick.

Again, the word is compromise.
    While I do agree Wrascal, the problem is that if someone does assault her the last thing they are going to do is "compromise". Hopefully you can convince her of that someday, best of luck
    "You can't shake the devils hand and say you were only kidding"

I'd say for your wife it was a lesson learnt.

Glad to hear she is OK. What was she doing at K-mart anyway? All of us CCW types are supposed to go to Wal-mart right?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links