Being a good witness vs Helping out

This is a discussion on Being a good witness vs Helping out within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Btw... Hotguns... When our lone county deputy doing contract patrol in my small town puts out a "code-5" (getting crap stomped out of him) his ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Being a good witness vs Helping out

Senior Moderator
    Btw... Hotguns... When our lone county deputy doing contract patrol in my small town puts out a "code-5" (getting crap stomped out of him) his back-up being 20 minutes away... I'm there, everytime I hear the call, day or night! Usually within 3 minutes... (small town) That's happened about 5 times in the last 2 years.
    Exellent! For that I thank you.

But glad to know you're there, ready to judge others motives...
    Yep...beleive it or not that is EXACTLY what I do when going on a call. Having walked up to several people that were in a world of hurt and walking through a crowd of people to get to them, everyone of them afraid to get blood on thier hands makes it easy for me to judge who will act and who can justify not doing it.

The world is full of people that can justify inaction for some reason or another. Few are the people with the guts to act, no matter what the consequences will be.
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

2. Remove Ads

Being a good witness can be helping out and can be the most beneficial of possible steps that could be taken. They're not mutually exclusive. Depends wholly on the scenario and what options are reasonable. Blindly jumping into the fray on principle merely to become a statistic does noone but the BG(s) any good.

I don't pretend to be Captain America. Given my skills, fitness and training, I have certain things I can and cannot do, but with clear limitations (nerve damage/injury). That affects a lot of my choices.

That said, I'll do what I'm able. That was a commitment I made in 1995 when I began carrying.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    Exellent! For that I thank you.

Yep...beleive it or not that is EXACTLY what I do when going on a call. Having walked up to several people that were in a world of hurt and walking through a crowd of people to get to them, everyone of them afraid to get blood on thier hands makes it easy for me to judge who will act and who can justify not doing it.

The world is full of people that can justify inaction for some reason or another. Few are the people with the guts to act, no matter what the consequences will be.
    Hotgun... I understand where you are coming from on that. The same actually applies in my line of work.

I think maybe we had some harsh words between us before... and Sir, If an appology is due... I extend one!

I enjoy your posts here! I have learned from words you have written in this forum!
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Senior Moderator
    Hey Bark'n...
    Not a problem...I'm not that thin skinned. No apology needed..

Besides that ..I never let the sun set upon my anger...
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL

Senior Moderator
    I don't pretend to be Captain America. Given my skills, fitness and training, I have certain things I can and cannot do, but with clear limitations (nerve damage/injury). That affects a lot of my choices.
    Amen to that. A man has got to know his limitations...

That said, I'll do what I'm able. That was a commitment I made in 1995 when I began carrying

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL

Yeah, I'm with P95 also; but add OC. Did a force-on-force, mostly turned out bad 'cause bad guy was really good guy. OC would have been the weapon-of-choice; break up the tussle without having to shoot.

Stay safe.
    Bob

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links