Defensive Carry banner

I think I passed the "test"

1K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  Bark'n 
#1 ·
So I'm on my lunch break yesterday,and I go to run some errands.I have to go to a local pharmacy,which happens to be accross from a hospital.I park accross the street from the RX.I cross the street and a young lady(maybe 20) carrying a plastic kitchen garbage bag,asks me for a dollar.Saying"it's really important.)Now she's not homeless,and I notice she has tape and cotton ball on her arm(like she had blood drawn).So,I say,I don't have any cash.(while looking directly at her).and keep walking(w/ my hand on my 642 in my strong side front pocket)she then says,do you know what time it is?I say ,I'm not wearing a watch(I have a pocket watch)and agai keep walking into the RX......as I do ,I hear her ask another guy the same thing(older guy).I didn't see or hear his response........So I buy my stuff and head out.....then as I'm driving back to work,I see the girl walking down the street w/ a rather large gang-banger type guy....I can't help but wonder if she was setting me up for something.Either my walking away,or the fact that I don't seem like a victim may have saved me from a potential "issue".....avoidance is key(although preparedness is great too.)

#4 ·
You could well have been ''interviewed'' Tony ........ seems well possible.

More than likely your negativity, disinterest and assertive continuation of your walk to the Rx .. gave a message - maybe too a hand in pocket could have ''amplified'' your message :wink:

Awareness - yes always .... very necessary.

Yesterday, when I had our member Ibex staying, we stopped in to Burger King while I was showing him my local town .... he anticipated very well almost exactly where I was going to choose to sit!!! :smilez:

Yes - against wall in corner :wink:

#7 ·
Yesterday, when I had our member Ibex staying, we stopped in to Burger King while I was showing him my local town .... he anticipated very well almost exactly where I was going to choose to sit!!! :smilez:

Yes - against wall in corner :wink:
Thats where I usually like to sit. I like to see everything thats going on where I am.

#5 ·
then as I'm driving back to work said:
She was probably just asking this fine upstanding urban resident for a dollar or maybe the time of day?:gah:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.