Females - If You Are Confronted

Females - If You Are Confronted

This is a discussion on Females - If You Are Confronted within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Here is the advice (word for word) on what you should do from the Illinois State Police. Hopefully, if you suffer from Bulimia it will ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Females - If You Are Confronted

Administrator

Thumbs down Females - If You Are Confronted

Here is the advice (word for word) on what you should do from the Illinois State Police.

Hopefully, if you suffer from Bulimia it will be much easier for you to defend yourself. See instructions below.

Titled....
    If You Are Confronted...

Before you fight

Fighting for your safety may be necessary.
    However, if you start out fighting you cancel any other options that might be open to you.
    Since many attacks on women are not sexually motivated, and are designed to degrade and humiliate, talking your way out of it may be easier.

There is documentation of assailants that left a would-be-victim alone after she told him that she was pregnant and it would kill her baby.
    (Some cases were women that were too old to even have a baby.)

Telling an attacker that you have VD or AIDS can discourage him.

It may sound disgusting, but putting your fingers into your throat and making yourself vomit usually gets results.
    (This method is not often used except as a last resort.)

Use your imagination and you can think of others.

The above methods are particularly important if your assailant has a gun or knife, or there is more than one attacker. (Fighting would probably be futile.)

If you must fight

Guns stolen from residences are a primary way of getting guns into the hands of criminals.

Be aware of those times and places where there is a potential for attack and be prepared to defend yourself.
    parking lots
    walking at night
    waiting for a bus
    elevators
    other you will learn to recognize

Articles common to your handbag that make useful defense weapons.

nail file
    rat tail comb
    teasing brush
    pens and pencils
    keys
    anything rigid

Concentrate on these areas only when combating an assailant.

groin
    eyes
    ears
    nose
    throat

You should not swing at an assailant.
    Roundhouse or overhand blows are easy to deflect or evade.
    Your movements should be made with all your strength, and should be straight jabs.
    Remember that screaming may be just as important to your defense as any weapon.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

VIP Member Array peacefuljeffrey's Avatar
    Guns stolen from residences are a primary way of getting guns into the hands of criminals.
    But when it's convenient and we're trying to shut down gun shows, it's gun shows that most criminals get their guns from.

And, um, why is that line just thrown in there for no apparent reason? It has no relevance to anything else they're saying, unless I guess they're just trying to imply to women that it's easy for their attacker to possibly be armed with a gun.

Distinguished Member Array randytulsa2's Avatar
    Throw up on his mangy carcass AFTER you shoot him.
    "...bad decisions that turn out well often make heroes."

Gary D. Mitchell, A Sniper's Journey: The Truth About the Man and the Rifle, P. 103, NAL Caliber books, 2006, 1st Ed.

Senior Moderator
    And, um, why is that line just thrown in there for no apparent reason? It has no relevance to anything else they're saying, unless I guess they're just trying to imply to women that it's easy for their attacker to possibly be armed with a gun.
    Its from the ILLINOIS state police.

You didnt really expect them to put guns in a good light did you?
    God forbid that the ever get realistic and teach them how to SHOOT the perp.

Thats how we teach our women down here. We dont tell them to scream,curl up in the fetal position,puke or plead with them. We just tell them to shoot until the threat has stopped.

It does two things. The woman is safer with a means of self defense and the perp will not be around to harass anyone else.

Obviously, that makes too much sense for some folks ecpecially the antigunners.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Assistant Administrator
    Well - that settles that then - no need for a gun.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Senior Moderator
    Let's see.....

Talk my way out of it and hope my attacker has a sympathetic bone in his body, if that fails, try to get myself to throw up or start screaming, "I have AIDS and I'll cut myself and bleed all over you."

OR.....

Pull my 1911 and not say a thing.

I wonder which scenario would give me the quickest results?

VIP Member
    I find it tragic when hoplophobic persons pontificate about the ills of firearms like, "they'll only get it away from you and use it against you," "you'll only miss if you shoot it out and the criminals are better shots," "it'll get stolen from your purse, your house, and/or your car," only to have those same self-annoited experts equally pontificate that files, scissors, hair spray, OC, mace, empty hands, or now bodily fluids are the best tools to defend yourself with.......

Ok......so trading a stand-off weapon (a gun) is somehow ineffective against a subject that is likely bigger and stronger than the "average" woman, but using a contact weapon that requires a measure of strength and/or skill (not that guns don't require skill) is optimum for defense?

Ooookaaay.

I'd like to see the ISP practice what their preach for their female MOS.
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post

It may sound disgusting, but putting your fingers into your throat and making yourself vomit usually gets results.
    (This method is not often used except as a last resort.)
    I would think this would work well for the dudes too.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Senior Moderator
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

VIP Member Array peacefuljeffrey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by limatunes View Post
    Let's see.....

Talk my way out of it and hope my attacker has a sympathetic bone in his body, if that fails, try to get myself to throw up or start screaming, "I have AIDS and I'll cut myself and bleed all over you."
    The geniuses at the Illinois State Police... I wonder if they have considered what would happen if the woman says, "No, don't rape me, I have AIDS," and the perp goes, "So do I!"

Can you imagine the gunless woman's thoughts at that moment?

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    On a side note, please don't puke on the bouncers, it makes our nights worse, and can cause me not to like you too much .

I like the list of things in the purse that could be used as weapons, but they are trying to get women not to carry firearms. I also used to see a girl that carried and auto-knife in her purse, actually I think all women should probably carry some sort of pocket knife in there, they have room for all the other crap, and a knife would get used more too.

Of course a S&W .38 would be much more effective than a nail file.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

You are under no obligation to be kind and gentle to rapists and murderers.

I do not think it is good advise to tell women to try all these other 'tactics' before using their very best chance of staying alive and well.
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by peacefuljeffrey View Post
    But when it's convenient and we're trying to shut down gun shows, it's gun shows that most criminals get their guns from.

That's the Brady line. Arming yourself puts you and society in greater danger, becuase the BG will take your gun and use it against you or someone else.
    When you've got 'em by the balls, their hearts & minds will follow. Semper Fi.

Quote Originally Posted by randytulsa2 View Post
    Throw up on his mangy carcass AFTER you shoot him.
    As a father of a young lady, I agree wholeheartedly! Shoot first, Yak later!

Distinguished Member Array jarhead79's Avatar
    I watched a special once on female defense.

If an attacker tries to kiss you or gets his face close to yours, bite his lip or tongue. There are so many nerves in those two areas that biting him hard enough will render him incapacitated.

Then there's always the risk of contracting AIDS or something from drawing his blood.
    www.ubgholsters.com short wait times. Use 'defensivecarry' as a coupon code for a discount to your order.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links