Stupid friends playing a prank on you... - Page 2

Stupid friends playing a prank on you...

This is a discussion on Stupid friends playing a prank on you... within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Most people who know me know that I have martial arts training, carry a knife, and usually a gun. Hopefully they realize that I'll have ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Most people who know me know that I have martial arts training, carry a knife, and usually a gun. Hopefully they realize that I'll have about .13 seconds to decided whether or not to pull the trigger when i draw and turn around.

There's a show on TV called "That 70's Show" which has a character named Red (the father). He occasionally has a pet name for his son that resembles the word that has to do with a lack of intelligence and the south end of a north bound mule. I would think it applies in this case...
    noli nothis permittere te terere...

Something similar happened to me several years ago.

My ex-wife had planned a suprise birthday party for me and invited several co-workers and friends over. As I was leaving work I recieve a call from her putting me on some task. She had needed the car that day, so I was riding with one of the invited.

When we did get home I checked the car to make sure she had taken my gun inside, and sure enough she had taken it out. (This, as it would soon turn out, was a good thing.)

I walk inside and give her the what-ever-it-was that she had needed me to pick up. As I turn out of the kitchen and back to the living room, a 6'4", 275 pound Iranian pressed through the blinds that covered the sliding glass door to the patio and presented himself with a "Tada". Instinctively I swept my shirt back and reached for my gun (which wasn't there...see above). I didn't recognize him at the very moment that he walked in, nor did I recognize anyone else that emerged from the other various rooms. All I knew for a few moments was that there were intruders in my home (ground floor apartment), and I had nothing to fend them off with.

Once I re-gained my composure, I was able to laugh it off, but my ex learned something that night... No more suprise parties for me.
    "A simple way to take measure of a country is to look at how many want in ... And how many want out." British Prime Minister Tony Blair

Distinguished Member Array jarhead79's Avatar
    I recall a thread over a year back about the guy in the bicycle shop. I'm sure a search could bring it up, but I don't have time. Very similar story that wasn't hypothetical.

Employee or friend of employee, comes in and does the "this is a holdup" line. Guy in back has CCW, and nearly draws. After a few kind words, the prankster was ghostly white and learned his lesson.
    www.ubgholsters.com short wait times. Use 'defensivecarry' as a coupon code for a discount to your order.

Well, that "joke", is actually robbery. Pretty stupid neighbor.

My friends aren't dumb enough to try that kind of thing with me. Even ones who don't know I carry still know that I am a firearm-enthusiast, always have knife, and have held a job as a bouncer for a long time. And I try not to be friends with complete morons.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

Anyone stupid enough to do something like that would be no loss to the gene pool. This is attempted suicide by stupidity'
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

Center of the World Ma! Center of the World!
    There might be a house on the market (estate sale) dumb neighbor.
    "Hell of a thing, killin' a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."
    - William Munny (Clint Eastwood in the Unfrogivin)

“The graveyards are full of indispensable men.” – Napoleon Bonaparte

“My Idea of a fair fight is beating baby seals with a club”

Did this guy's parents have any offspring that lived?? It is really a terrible position to be put in, but I would have to assume that I was under actual attack and act accordingly. If the guy lived...I would be calling the police to get the point across to him that he was very, VERY wrong.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

Stupid friends playing a prank on you...

Quote Originally Posted by kante View Post
    Something like this happened to a coworker of mine a couple of weeks ago. It made me wonder how you would handle a situation like this. So, that's the scenario:

You leave your house in the early morning. It's still kinda dark outside, sunrise will be in 30 minutes or so. You walk up to your car which is parked on your driveway, unlock your car but at the same second somebody sneaked behind you, pointing something in your back, whispering "don't move! gimme your keys!"

The exact same thing happened to a coworker and it turned out that "the BG" was his Neighbor, playing a prank on him. They both think that was really funny and he got him good. I'd rather say that's a good way to die.

So what now? How do you handle a situation like this? I would say at least an "rear end kicking" would be appropriate... What are your thoughts on that?
    How else is there to react? As far as the butt of the joke knows it's for real. He's going to try to draw and use his weapon.

One word of advise to anyone with 'friends' such as these: Get new friends. Stupidity on this scale can be deadly.

This happen to me only once and it cost my buddy a broken nose. He came up behind me and grab me in a bear hug. I slammed the back of my head into his nose and broke it. If your friends know you and what your mind set is like, they should know better then to pull a prank on you.

Brian

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links