Assault in progress

This is a discussion on Assault in progress within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Many years ago when I first came to Las Vegas, I was at a neighborhood bar with a friend. He mentioned he had been involved ...

Thread: Assault in progress

Assault in progress

Many years ago when I first came to Las Vegas, I was at a neighborhood bar with a friend. He mentioned he had been involved in a situation a few nights earlier. I was not involved, this is heresay. He said he and his wife were there, his wife playing the bar top video, he a pinball near the door. A rather obese fellow wearing a cowboy hat and penny loafers sat at the bar with two toughs giving him a hard time. They knocked his hat off, he picked it up, they did it again, and so on. Fat Boy leaves and is accosted outside. Tough guy knocks him down, both proceed to kick him. At this point my friend sees the show, goes to his wife and takes her .38 snubbie and shoves it in his pants with his shirt over it, and tells the wife to have bartender call Metro. He has no CCW. He goes outside and by this time Fat Boy is having trouble breathing, broken ribs or something. Friend tells tough guys it looks like the victim has had enough, why not leave. One threatens him with "some of the same" at which point he puts his hand over his weapon and tells them if they come at him he "will fill them so full of holes they'll look like a sponge." While they are trying to decide what to do, police arrive, arrest bad guys. Sergeant approaches friend and asks him what happened. He tells. Sergeant says "tough guy says you pulled a gun on him." Friend says, "No, I just went like this and told him not to come close to me." Sergeant slaps friend right on the weapon under his shirt and says, "No, I didn't think you would do a thing like that." Friend goes home, bad guys are given tickets and released. Fat guy goes to hospital. Ended well for everybody but the poor guy wearing a cowboy hat and minding his own business. Moral of the story? If you're tired of being somebody elses punching bag, get your CCW. Personally, I'd rather cap my attacker and take my chances with the law than get stomped to death on the sidewalk.

2. Remove Ads

Your friend is lucky.

It could have just as easily gone in the opposite direction for him with reguards to the police. With him not having a CCW most LEO's would not be that friendly about his armed intervention. Right now a guy is in jail for holding a bunch of illegal's at gunpoint while waiting for the law to come and get them. He is being charged with a felony.
    DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH. LIBERTY IS A WELL ARMED LAMB CONtestING THE VOTE.

Certified Instructor for Minnesota Carry Permit
    NRA Pistol and Personal Protection Insrtuctor
    Utah Permit Certified Instructor

DC Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by havegunjoe
    It could have just as easily gone in the opposite direction for him with reguards to the police. With him not having a CCW most LEO's would not be that friendly about his armed intervention. Right now a guy is in jail for holding a bunch of illegal's at gunpoint while waiting for the law to come and get them. He is being charged with a felony.
    Yup, that's an Arizona case, the guy just got out of jail. People are getting fed up with the illegal alien thing around here. I think you will be seeing alot of these types of situations if the feds don't do something effective to secure our borders....
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Membership Revoked Array clubsoda22's Avatar
    a fight like that is none of my business. For all i know the fat guy screwed the guys girlfriend. Your domestic dispute isn't my problem.

Now, should i have witnessed the entire thing. say the fat guy just getting teased and pushed around by a couple of ********, I might intervene as he's probably at risk for severe injury.

I'll only point a gun at someone worth $113.50 to me personally.

Why the obscure figure? It's what my recent court stupidity for assisting a woman fleeing an attacker from her own home cost me.

If the person ain't worth $113.50 to me, they drop.

Links