I Have Just Been "assaulted!" - Page 2

I Have Just Been "assaulted!"

This is a discussion on I Have Just Been "assaulted!" within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Jim, I would advise you to find a school in a small town in the mid-West, Indiana being a good place to start looking and ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I Have Just Been "assaulted!"

Jim, I would advise you to find a school in a small town in the mid-West, Indiana being a good place to start looking and move there to teach. There is no way you could pay me enough to teach at an inner city school. In any city.

You are a true hero buddy. I feel for you. Don't take any crap.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Way back in the day a guy I knew spent a few years in Australia in high school. There was a serious problem child in his history class. Very large and muscular, bigger than most of the teachers and a coke head. History teacher was a small guy maybe 5'4" and slim, skinny and quiet. After a few days the problem decided to show the teacher who was boss and threatened him with violence. Poor little teacher slapped aside his arms, stepped in and grabbed his throat wit three fingers, picked him up over his head and slammed him into a wall and held him there. Then in a very quiet voice that he said raised the hair on your neck informed the shocked young man that he did not survive the Bataan death march and all that time in a POW camp to come back and take any stuff of of stupid young punks. Was that perfectly clear? Young punk apparently saw the dawning of a new reality and agreed.......

Bet you couldn't do that today there!

My HS assistant principle was an ex Marine DI. Actually a great guy who kept order and let you know EXACTLY where the line was that you didn't want to cross. Ah, the good old days......
    If you stand up and be counted, from time to time you may get yourself knocked down. But remember this: A man flattened by an opponent can get up again. A man flattened by conformity stays down for good. ~ Thomas J. Watson, Jr.

Ahhh the DARTH VADER school of counselling!

Quote Originally Posted by ELCruisr View Post
    Teacher slapped aside his arms, stepped in and grabbed his throat wit three fingers, picked him up over his head and slammed him into a wall and held him there. Then in a very quiet voice that he said raised the hair on your neck informed the shocked young man that he did not survive the Bataan death march and all that time in a POW camp to come back and take any stuff of of stupid young punks. Was that perfectly clear? Young punk apparently saw the dawning of a new reality and agreed.......

Bet you couldn't do that today there!

My HS assistant principle was an ex Marine DI. Actually a great guy who kept order and let you know EXACTLY where the line was that you didn't want to cross. Ah, the good old days......
    Ah yes! When I was in high school, as a student, (1970s) I had a history teacher named MANDELL. He was an ex-pro wrestler. He was soooooo big I swear whenever he would yawn you'd hear the seams on his oxford shirts POP. He was built like AHnold. One time some punk tried the same crap with his. We all knew this kid was a psycho...because you'd have to be to go against Mr. Mandell! Sure enough, with one hand, Mandell grabbed the kid by the throat and held him against the wall about three feet off the ground and calmy asked the punk to not "make me mad...you wouldn't like me whenI'm mad" he said. I thought the kid was gonna faint. He hit the ground runnin' and we never saw him again. Yeah, today that kid would be on his cell phone to a lawyer while still against the wall!
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Glad you "survived" to enjoy the summer! You deserve it!

The tyrant dies and his rule is over, the martyr dies and his rule begins. ― The Journals of Kierkegaard

My stories. During early 80's in HS. One trouble student caused problems w/ a Vietnam Vet teacher (Army and some type of operator). Kid sitting in desk. He picked the kid and desk up at the same time. Whispered something to student, then set him back down. Never a peep after that.

Another class, another Army Vet teacher. Class next door 2 no-goods assaulted the female music teacher (hit her in the face and body and ripped her earrings out of her). After hearing the ruckus, he calmly said to study the lesson. Leaves our class. Then comes shouts and screams. Next thing one of the no goods comes flying through our door, hits the wall and falls down. Teacher helps him up, re-aquaints him with the wall and then again to the floor. Back out the room and second no good comes flying in, knocked silly and bleeding from the lip.

Teacher tells them to shut up, and continues on with our lesson. Sometime later administration came to drag the no goods to the office. I can tell you that was quietest class I was ever in.

VIP Member Array peacefuljeffrey's Avatar
    Sadly, I fear that it would take a miracle for a teacher like the one in sojourner's post to not face charges in this day and age, even when a clear battery has taken place against a female teacher as in his story.

Too many bleeding hearts running the asylum called the United States these days.

VIP Member
    Jim, I am glad you made it! And yes, you got the spelling right. I shall have you writting spanish like Cervantes in no time.

The problem is that you don't look like Tom Berenger in "The Substitute" or use them snapy lines:
    I'm in charge of this classroom. I'm the warrior chief, the merciless god who stirs anything in its path. You **** with me, and you will suffer my wrath.
    Maybe what you really need is some visual aids. Next year on first day of class, have this image in your laptop as the kids come in class. Eventually one will ask: "Yo teach! Who is them?" and you will simply answer: "My homies."

In Spanish: "Oye Profe, y quienes son esos gueros?"
    Tu respuesta: "Son mis amiguitos." (Be sure to use lots of snickering in your tone of voice)
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

A buddy of mine went to Catholic schools. In high school (about 35 years ago), when a student got smart with one of the teachers, the student & teacher would meet in the gym after school for a boxing match. In front of the entire school, the teacher would kick the trouble maker's butt. On rare occasions, a student almost won, but he never saw a teacher loose. There needs to be more discipline like that these days instead of all the touchy feely nonsense.

ExSoldier...

Quote Originally Posted by ExSoldier View Post
    Last day of school Deep in the inner city. I am beloved by the good kids and hated by the BAD ACTORS because being the sheepdog that I am, I refuse to put up with their crap. I'll have them expelled, suspended or arrested as need be. I don't fear the punks at all. ZERO...

WOOHOO! Tally Ho! Scouts out!
    It's too bad you couldn't have made our Central Florida DC Members lunch a few weeks ago...I too, teach in a high school with three groups...serious students (small group), thugs, and rednecks...the three tolerate each other!

It's not an inner-city school, just a small poor town. The buildings are falling down and a top-heavy administration with an attitude that is a cross between 'good ole' boy and you've got me confused with someone who gives a s...and believe me, I know school admin WELL!

Yes I feel your pain! Wednesday was our last day...
    I actually retired in 1999, but decided to try teaching for a couple (or three) years...don't ask me why...

My first year (2005-06), the thugs really tried me...but I guess they found out that this fat, bald, 60 y/o ***** was not going to be chased away, and I took it as a personal challenge. I guess I won, I'm still there, and many of them are long gone...in jail, dead, on the street, and a few back in my room with new attitudes.

This year (2006-07) was much smoother, I believe I have earned SOME respect, and like you...I have "zero, zip, nada" fear of any of them, but again, it's not the inner city (although we have many from South FL). We did have one student shoot and kill another student over drugs, just before I came two years ago...it has been a big trial in the State news...(another story).

I take my hat off TO you...hang in there...

How many more years for you?

Take care...

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Wink Actually...

Quote Originally Posted by Miggy View Post
    The problem is that you don't look like Tom Berenger in "The Substitute" or use them snapy lines:

Maybe what you really need is some visual aids. Next year on first day of class, have this image in your laptop as the kids come in class. Eventually one will ask: "Yo teach! Who is them?" and you will simply answer: "My homies."

In Spanish: "Oye Profe, y quienes son esos gueros?"
    Tu respuesta: "Son mis amiguitos." (Be sure to use lots of snickering in your tone of voice)
    Thanks for the pix, Miggy! I shall use them, although I have a really spectacular shot of me running an IDPA course at the Trail from last year. Awesome shot taken by Roger of me with my USP 45 and just caught the extracting case in the air with the slide back into full battery. That is always a "show stopper." But I will show them my "Homies."

And also, I often tell them the movie THE SUBSTITUTE is based on ME. Right before I show them my military photo album for emphasis.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Wink Actually...

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    How many more years for you? Take care...ret
    Well, if all goes well, my wife will get her FULL retirement (35 years) from the school system in about four years. By then we should have our finances and investments and bills worked out so she can retire and I can take early retirement at about 23 years approx. They gave me two years on my retirement for my military service. So 25 years.

Wink Southern Boy...Born and Bred...

Quote Originally Posted by Sig P239 View Post
    Jim, I would advise you to find a school in a small town in the mid-West, Indiana being a good place to start looking and move there to teach. There is no way you could pay me enough to teach at an inner city school. In any city.

You are a true hero buddy. I feel for you. Don't take any crap.
    Thanks for the advice. I DO appreciate the sentiments. But I'm a Southern boy and my wife's a southern gal....and I just love GRITS:
    Girls
    Raised
    In
    The
    South!

I would never move to that part of the country. Maybe the far west
    like Idaho or Wyoming. But I doubt that, too. Besides, I'm at the top of my game where I am now. I only have about 4 years left till I can (hopefully) retire.
    Last edited by ExSoldier; June 3rd, 2007 at 02:29 AM. Reason: format

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ExSoldier View Post
    Thanks for the pix, Miggy! I shall use them, although I have a really spectacular shot of me running an IDPA course at the Trail from last year. Awesome shot taken by Roger of me with my USP 45 and just caught the extracting case in the air with the slide back into full battery. That is always a "show stopper." But I will show them my "Homies."

And also, I often tell them the movie THE SUBSTITUTE is based on ME. Right before I show them my military photo album for emphasis.
    Roger is darn good with a camera. He got one of me.. well actually my hand shooting my Cougar with the brass in midair. I made a print (real photograpic print) and it is framed on my wall right now.

If you want more pictures some good and mostly quite bad (mine), check the club's Gallery.

As for teaching, I admire you and any teacher. I don't have the patience or the legal support to be a teacher. I'd choke some kid for being sassy or stupid!
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links