Scenario: ACTUAL Scenario - Page 2

Scenario: ACTUAL Scenario

This is a discussion on Scenario: ACTUAL Scenario within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; that in this situation with (sounds like) more than enough time to react. The BG should have never actually made it so easily into the ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Scenario: ACTUAL Scenario

Administrator

Thumbs up Great Comments ~ I think we can all agree

that in this situation with (sounds like) more than enough time to react.
    The BG should have never actually made it so easily into the vehicle.

Senior Member Array CombatEffective's Avatar
    The individual with the Glock would have been more than justified to have shot the guy with the knife. He had every reason to believe that his life was in danger, and the guy with the knife was in the act of ag assault.

Membership Revoked Array clubsoda22's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumper
    The one thing I wouldn't do is discharge OC in my car in this situation, or many others. IMO, if he has a knife the proper escalation of force goes up the scale not down. I keep all of my windows up except for the driver's side window and my sunroof when the weather is nice enough and I am anywhere else but the open highway....

Not a bad idea to have it accessable however. belligerent ******** come in flavors other than knife weilding.

Monday Morning Quarterbacking....
    1) Never run with windows down - easy access to hoodlums.
    2) Never place sidearm in hoodlums face - well within gun grab reach.
    3) Never, ever, in a million YEARS, ever use OC inside a vehicle, unless you plan to total it very soon, like in 5 minutes. OC will never come out, and when it gets hot, you will cry. You will get zapped to, and you are now inside a vehicle unable to see or breathe. Not good.
    4) I was taught to present firearm below window level, so only Mr Thug can see it.
    5) Call PD soonest, to report it, or he will call, to report a man waving a gun around at an intersection. You WILL be arrested, jailed, your CCW firearm seized, even if just temporarily, while he walks away getting the last laugh. The first person to report gets the preferential nod.
    6) My opinion is worth exactly what you paid for it.....;)
    If total government control equals safety, why are prisons so dangerous?

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by CombatEffective
    The individual with the Glock would have been more than justified to have shot the guy with the knife. He had every reason to believe that his life was in danger, and the guy with the knife was in the act of ag assault.
    CombatEffective,

I agree 100%. In fact in my view, the man with the Glock made a serious error in not shooting. He left his fate in the hands of a man "in his car" and literally "in his face" with a deadly weapon, ability, oportunity, and clear intent. His hesitation could have easily cost him his life. If that isn't an immediate shooting situation (knife in hand, in his car, in his face) what is?

But, honestly, I don't know if I could or would have reacted any differently, but I am convinced that as soon as the knife came out, it's time to shoot. That's the proper time and response.

I agree too that a better response could be roll up the window at least half way. But not having been there, the person who tooted may have thought the guy's car was stalled and he was coming to explain the situation. Still the window could have been rolled up. But the situation went past that and the man's life was at risk - he could have lost his life in a heartbeat (no pun intended).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links