My Saturday Night!!

My Saturday Night!!

This is a discussion on My Saturday Night!! within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; All was going well and my SA was just going all night while me and my fiance were out and about doing some stuff like ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Saturday Night!!

Senior Member Array rangerman2003's Avatar

My Saturday Night!!

All was going well and my SA was just going all night while me and my fiance were out and about doing some stuff like going to the movies and to eat....

Then after we finished that she wanted to stop in a local grocery store by our house and get some stuff for the next day. As we pull in I noticed that it was just us and one other car pulling in, since it was around 11pm. Well this guy is playing copy cat with every move we make, we turned down one aisle as did he, then another and he was in trail. I told my fiance that we were going to keep driving around until either he stopped following or he attempted to park. Well after one more aisle change he stopped halfway down the parking lot, but never did turn the car off or take it out of drive. So I found the spot closest to the entrance and told me fiance that she needs to be ready to run if I say so.

As we step out of the car I noticed that he slowly started to creep up towards us, trying not to be obvious. As he kept creeping up I led my fiance through the rows of cars to the next aisle to gain some ground on this guy, he speeds up and goes to the top and tries to turn into our aisle to cut us off, as he does I quickly get us to the aisle we just came from. After this I think he got the picture becuase he left the parking lot in a hurry.

As we got in the door I called police and let them know what was going on and what had happend. They took down all my info but I have not heard anything about it. So how do you all think I did.
    Calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant' is like calling a drug dealer an 'unlicensed pharmacist'

De inimico non Loquaris sed cogites.

Do not wish ill for your enemy, plan for it!

Sounds like something goofy...he (more than one person?) certainly had something planned...he wasn't collecting for UNICEF...

Were you armed? Did you get a plate #? Could you see the guy's face?

Sounds like you did just fine...being aware of your surroundings was an important part of keeping out of trouble.

Stay armed...stay safe!

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Sumpthn' was amiss

Great job with SA on your part. I have to ask was there any chance to take down tag #, vichicle description, etc? Overall good job sounds like.......although I think (and I'm Monday morning , armchair quarterbacking here) the "dance" in the parking lot would've alerted me to the point of not exiting your car.... and possiably escalating the situation more due to he may have been a dumber BG and possiably not left the scene. A cell phone at ready would've been already accessed. Again, I'm nit-picking apart a situation that you handled clear headed and alert...Bravo Zulu!
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Quote Originally Posted by goldshellback View Post
    Great job with SA on your part. I have to ask was there any chance to take down tag #, vichicle description, etc? Overall good job sounds like.......although I think (and I'm Monday morning , armchair quarterbacking here) the "dance" in the parking lot would've alerted me to the point of not exiting your car.... and possiably escalating the situation more due to he may have been a dumber BG and possiably not left the scene. A cell phone at ready would've been already accessed. Again, I'm nit-picking apart a situation that you handled clear headed and alert...Bravo Zulu!

Not so sure. It's easier to avoid a car on foot in crowded parking lot than it is to avoid a car while in a car. And easier to get away into the 'crowd' (the grocery store in this case}

Quote Originally Posted by Fragman View Post
    Not so sure. It's easier to avoid a car on foot in crowded parking lot than it is to avoid a car while in a car. And easier to get away into the 'crowd' (the grocery store in this case}
    Very True........ good point
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

He was up to no good - the fact that it was obvious that you knew that made him seek fame and fortune elsewhere, where he could find people in Condition White.
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

Senior Member Array rangerman2003's Avatar
    [QUOTE=retsupt99;396626]

Were you armed? Did you get a plate #? Could you see the guy's face?

[QUOTE]

Yes Yes and no.... Unfortunately the guy (i know that much) didnt give me a good view but i did get plate which authorities have...
    Calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant' is like calling a drug dealer an 'unlicensed pharmacist'

De inimico non Loquaris sed cogites.

Do not wish ill for your enemy, plan for it!

Sounds like you did fine, but I don't think I would have gotten out of the car. I think whatever was inside wasn't needed that bad to have the situation. I might have called 911 from the car and kept toying with him to keep him there if possible. But you and your signifcant other are not hurt...so I guess you did fine.
    XD-40 SubCompact with OD Green frame

Couldn't go home either, not with a tail. Call Po-po on cell and back out onto the streets. See if he follows, then ask dispatch where nearest avail LEO is and drive to him.

Stay safe.
    Bob

VIP Member
    You did the right thing, no need to escalate the situation if you do not have to. No man card points for a shoot out that can be avoided.

Sounds to me like you did just the right thing.

I'd say good job on your part and on your girls part. I think he was up to something.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Sounds like you handled it pretty good to me brother.
    “You come at me with a sword and with a spear. But I come at you in the name of the LORD of hosts, the God of the armies of Israel, whom you have defied. This day the LORD will deliver you into my hand, and I will strike you and take your head from you". 1 Samuel 17, 45-46
    Brian

VIP Member Array peacefuljeffrey's Avatar
    I think you got an A+, that's how I think you did.

Perhaps the only thing that could have been better would be to assure yourself quick access to your handgun and at the same time use a cellular phone to dial the police and inform them that you are being followed by a suspicious person in a vehicle at such-and-such location in the parking lot. Get them started on finding him that much sooner; also, seeing you on the phone and looking in his direction might hasten his breaking-off of what might be the prelude to an attack. Could you see that there appeared to be only him in the car?

I would think it was a couple of kids screwing around.

I would not get out of my car though. I would probably drive around a bit then leave the parking lot to see if the guy would follow. At that time I would call LEO on my cell staying on speaker phone...that would keep my hands free the guy following would not see you're on the phone...
    "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Smith & Wesson M&P9c

Distinguished Member Array Dakotaranger's Avatar
    Think you did pretty good.
    "[T]he people are not to be disarmed of their weapons.
    They are left in full possession of them."

Zacharia Johnson (speech in the Virginia Ratifying Convention,25 June 1778)"The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." ~Alexander Hamilton

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links