Help Needed To Find Killer Of Disabled Man

This is a discussion on Help Needed To Find Killer Of Disabled Man within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Preface: I was not sure where to place this unfortunate news story as there was no firearm involved but a bat by the attacker. It ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Help Needed To Find Killer Of Disabled Man

Unhappy Help Needed To Find Killer Of Disabled Man

Preface: I was not sure where to place this unfortunate news story as there was no firearm involved but a bat by the attacker. It does though exemplify the fact of 'anytime anywhere'.
    Mods I apologize if this is not the right area within the forum.

---

As reported by KCAL CBS 2 (CA):

Jun 9, 2007 12:00 am US/Pacific
    Help Needed To Find Killer Of Disabled Man

(CBS) LOS ANGELES The public's help was sought in finding a suspect in the fatal beating of a mentally disabled man caught on videotape.

On May 29, about 8:45 p.m., 41-year-old James McKinney was walking to a store from a board and care facility for the mentally challenged where he lived, police said.

As he neared the corner of Wilton Place and Olympic Boulevard in the Country Club Park district, an assailant approached him from behind and violently struck the back of his head with an aluminum baseball bat.

The assailant fled on foot as McKinney fell to the ground and hemorrhaged. A passerby called 911.

McKinney suffered massive head injuries and was rushed to Cedars-Sinai Medical Center where he died Sunday.

The suspect was described as a Latino, 16- to 20-years old, 5 feet 9 inches tall, weighing 175 pounds. He was bald, wore black shorts, a dark T-shirt and white tennis shoes.

"We hope that someone can identify the person who committed this horrific crime and will call police with information on his whereabouts," Officer April Harding said.

Anyone with additional information on the killing can call Wilshire Division homicide detectives John Shafia or Mark Holquin at (213) 473-0446.

The story with video of the attack can be found at; http://cbs2.com/topstories/local_story_159005451.html

- Janq

Lesson Reaffirmed: People may attempt to hurt or even kill you for absolutely no reason at all and not even to rob you, but just for their own entertainment and/or to fend off boredom.
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

2. Remove Ads

King of the Dirtbags...

Just a plain killing with little or no motive...this scumbag should be shot...many times...he doesn't deserve to live on this earth taking up valuable oxygen...

OMO

Stay armed...be alert...stay safe!

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Assistant Administrator
    Janq - placed this in tactical scenarios - yeah - hard to find the ideal spot for it. But thing here is - it demonstrates how the unsuspecting can be the victim of surprise - tho in this case less likely the poor guy was alert at all.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Got ya and thanks for the assist!

I saw this and the video on CNN which just made me mad as hell.
    Crime happens everyday of course but this...it's just barbarism at it's purest. That man like anyone else with full mental faculties had friends, thoughts, hopes, and desires.
    He was struck down though as if he were an animal sent off to a slaughter house. :(

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Assistant Administrator
    He was struck down though as if he were an animal sent off to a slaughter house.
    That was almost my exact take too Execution.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

So sad. Last week here in my small town a man in a wheel chair was attacked. All for 17 dollars. With a hammer no less. He was/is ok now. The world has become a scary place where you can't walk down the road. What kind of monster goes after someone with a disability? Coward.
    God Bless America!!

Senior Moderator
    Speedy trial.
    Speedy conviction.
    Deportation from life.
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

Is it me or does this sound like maybe gang initiation. If so that's even more despicable. I hope this sub human is found and given the max sentance, preferably death.
    If you stand up and be counted, from time to time you may get yourself knocked down. But remember this: A man flattened by an opponent can get up again. A man flattened by conformity stays down for good. ~ Thomas J. Watson, Jr.

VIP Member Array peacefuljeffrey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Just a plain killing with little or no motive...this scumbag should be shot...many times...he doesn't deserve to live on this earth taking up valuable oxygen...

ret
    Agreed.
    Even before I watched the video, I was thinking, "This is something he was told to do, some cowardly act like a random murder, in order to 'earn' his 'respect' and get initiated into some worthless gang." And then the video says that's what they suspect.

I hope, I honestly hope, that the killer dies a horrible, painful death, himself. Hell's waiting for him, if you believe in it. And if you don't, well, then, let's just hope for his expedited death.

[i]When are the authorities going to get serious about this kind of thing? When are they going to finally wake up and tell the GOOD people, "Hey, everyone, FIGHT BACK! Get ruthless! It's okay for good people to kill evil ones! And it's the only way we won't be overrun with criminality like this. We must not let them be in control!"

But every time a police chief tells the public to "just give them what they want," he feeds the criminals more control.

edit: I find myself wondering just how this happened to have been caught on a video camera! Did the thug pick that spot knowing he would be on camera? Is this just one of many police surveillance cameras around the area? (I don't know if L.A. has that big brother crap or not.)

You know what, they should offer anyone who comes in with a tip a dream date with Mary Beth McDade! That'll get the case cracked!!

Senior Member Array Smith&Wessonfan's Avatar
    I'm pretty sure this is one of those third party situation where I would open fire and ask questions later.

A seemingly defenless man on the ground beaten with a club? Two to the chest, one to the head please.

I am generally a non violent person. Having said that, as the father of a mentally handicapped 12yo boy, that guy better never turn up around me. I could easily see my hands shaking so badly it would take two full magazines for me to hit anything vital and stopping him.

wow. I hope his new gang is worth it. I hope hes happy now because hell has a special place reserved for that scum. I have a feeling anyone that walked by would have been a target. This poor guy just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. (This is wishfull thinking in part because I can't fathom wanting to kill someone for being mentally handicapped.)
    Burn in the hottest part of hell buddy
    -mac
    **hey jang your threads are depressing me today, but I'm still glad I read them and saw that video.
    "In those days, there was a lot more respect for other people and it showed in peoples values.... Today the word value means nothing more than something you get on the $1 menu at McDonald's." -BARK'N

Quote Originally Posted by ELCruisr View Post
    Is it me or does this sound like maybe gang initiation. If so that's even more despicable. I hope this sub human is found and given the max sentance, preferably death.
    +1 That was my first thought, as well.
    "If you so much as bunny hop I'll cut your heart out!" Billy Bob Thornton in The Last Real Cowboys

"I carry a gun for the same reason that I carry health insurance and a cell phone - be prepared."

Wannabe "big man" becomes the smallest there is: murderer without a cause. That old Karma wheel's comin' 'round. May it find him quickly, before he takes another innocent's life.

I wonder how you say "rats in a cage" in his neighborhood?
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

VIP Member Array peacefuljeffrey's Avatar
    Now that he's in the gang (presumably, that is), his future victims will probably be far more likely to be other gang members. Yes, occasionally they victimize innocents (carjackings, robberies, catchers-of-stray-bullets) but reports seem to say that most people murdered are criminal-on-criminal killings. Fortunately.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links