Scenario: Chinese Food - Page 2

Scenario: Chinese Food

This is a discussion on Scenario: Chinese Food within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Depending on how noticeable you want to get, and how well known you are at your favorite dining establishments, is the classic "pull out the ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Scenario: Chinese Food

Depending on how noticeable you want to get, and how well known you are at your favorite dining establishments, is the classic "pull out the spare clip when you reach for the wallet" move - lets the perp know that it's a bad idea to consider whatever it is they're thinking of doing without brandishing per se.

It's a favorite at late night shopping or dining when I'm on first-name basis with the staff, which is just about anywhere I go.
    Driver carries less than $45 worth of remorse.

Quote Originally Posted by P95Carry
    GS - VERY good point indeed. Something I had meant to reference before.

My wife and I try to use a simple names ploy. She knows that if I do not call her ''Hon'' but instead use her given - something needs attention...
    Yes, interesting points. When I was an EMT, we had coded speech we could use with the dispatcher to indicate that we were under duress, but I've never considered that for home use (other than that I always pay attention if my wife addresses me by my formal name!). Thanks for the ideas.
    - Tom
    You have the power to donate life.

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter
    ...Ohhhh Kayyyy....thennnnn....pick a different kind of food that you DO LIKE and "pretend" it's taking place in THAT restaurant. Then....What would you do?
    Just in case anyone is secretly harboring such thoughts, there's an Indian restaurant next door, and fast food down the road. Take your pick!
    - Tom
    You have the power to donate life.

Senior Member Array GoodSamaritan's Avatar
    Possibly at its most useful in a telephone situation
    Actually that is a very good point. The cigarette bit works in person, but not over the phone. Unfortunately the Hon vs Real Name won't work for use because we both call each other by name, hon, cute stuff, babe, etc etc. We will have to find something though. BTW this would make a good thread all by itself.

Bryan

Membership Revoked Array clubsoda22's Avatar
    slide your chair back and make eye contact with the dude. He's looking around nervously because he's nervous. Eye contact let's him know that someone there is aware and he may very well just walk out the door.

An handgun instructor of mine relayed a story where him and another noted instructor had a similar scenario in a restaurant at lunchtime. The guy asked for change and started looking around nervously and brushing his back pocket where there was an outline of a snubbie .38 visable. They pushed back their chairs. cleared their throats. the guy looked over and made eye contact. He nodded his head and left.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links