When is it justified to fire into a crowd? Merge - Page 4

When is it justified to fire into a crowd? Merge

This is a discussion on When is it justified to fire into a crowd? Merge within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by walther1 How did the first guy get out of it? It said he did. Did he run? I know I would pull ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: When is it justified to fire into a crowd? Merge

Distinguished Member Array Bob The Great's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by walther1 View Post
    How did the first guy get out of it? It said he did. Did he run? I know I would pull a Jesse Owens. I am only saying that blunt force is the last thing needed. If it was a friend of mine, of course I would want to help, (maybe drawing weapon so both could escape or maybe, like I originally said, calling police being a good witness, even if I had to stay in car) but shooting bullets into a crowd and ramming them with a car is not a good option for me.
    The driver managed to get back to the car while the mob was killing his passenger and drove off. It sounds like you would do the same, whether you were in the role of the driver or passenger.

What's that saying?... "I don't have to outrun the bear. I just have to outrun the guy next to me"

That is a response to the situation, and a justifiable one, I suppose, but I would have trouble living with myself if I didn't do all I could to help the person who was with me.

I'd rather fight 10 healthy and 10 wounded than 20 healthy any day. Always remember this someone has to be willing to get shot so the rest can stomp your guts out, not a big volunteer pool for that one.

As far as the crowd goes I was told that anyone participating in the attack is as guilty and as much a threat as the one currently beating you like an egg.

I think another instance when it would be OK to shoot into a crowd would be to take out some looney in a crowd - shooting the crowd.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence in their behalf. - George Orwell

what a nightmare. if it were me being ganged up on, and my options were between being stomped to death or trying to defend my life before being stomped to death, i'm gonna have to go with #2. odds are, though, that due to mob mentality, which is just sheep mentality stepped up a notch, that the herd would pretty much scatter after the first shot. hopefully.

Quote Originally Posted by FknRa View Post

I will do my best to place carefully aimed shots at the people who are actively beating my friend. If I am approached in an agressive manner the aggressor will be engaged.

Like I said I know I may go to jail, but I will not stand and do nothing in the 10 minutes it takes the cops to get there.

If it is available I would try pepper spray first(I buy foggers not streamers) first, but I don't always carry that around.

On a side note I'm wheelchair bound (motorcycle accident) so unfortunatly there will be no jumping in the middle of the brawl for me. It sucks because it limits my responsive options.
    Forget the wheelchair... You can back me anytime....

well, flmitchell, you might want to call the cops instead. they'll probably get there quicker but you never know...

18hrs to kansas.
    To those that paid for my freedom,
    I WILL NEVER FORGET.

As with all statements I've made and All that I will make, please check your local laws to verify accuracy. (and if i'm wrong let me know as I like to be right in the future) After all I'm just some goofball posting on an internet forum.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links