Had to draw, but that ended it... - Page 4

Had to draw, but that ended it...

This is a discussion on Had to draw, but that ended it... within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So glad that everything turned out all right. Good job!...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Had to draw, but that ended it...

Senior Moderator
    So glad that everything turned out all right. Good job!

Well done. I would say you and your coworker saved some lives that day. One of them was the fire employees life too. He may not even realize that.

Good job.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Distinguished Member Array Dakotaranger's Avatar
    Glad you got clear of that....I hope he's cooling his heals in the clink.
    "[T]he people are not to be disarmed of their weapons.
    They are left in full possession of them."

Zacharia Johnson (speech in the Virginia Ratifying Convention,25 June 1778)"The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." ~Alexander Hamilton

VIP Member Array peacefuljeffrey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by incredipete View Post
    Now the situation is in the capable hands of law enforcement, who incidentally were very supportive of CCW and thought we had probably prevented a major catastrophe.
    There can be little doubt; you are a major freakin' HERO for what you did. I think that based on your story, you prevented a "workplace massacre"!

I don't know how many others were in the workplace at the time, but if you hadn't been there, been alert, and done what you did, there would've surely been fewer by the end of the day. Whether you saved two people or twenty, you deserve praise and thanks.

So... good job, and thank you. You make us proud.

Senior Member Array GoodSamaritan's Avatar
    Good Job, on being armed, and keeping your head. You have just made hero status for the month. If that guy had been unopposed, at least one person would be dead right now probably more.

In regards to those who have chosen to question and impugn your choice of weapon, I can only shake my head. While .380 would not be my first choice when facing a maniac with a shotgun, neither would a 1911. If I had no choice but to face the guy, but I could have any weapon I wanted, it would be a long gun to be sure. Even so, I'll take a .380 over a stern look and a cell phone, any day.

Some of us have to have perfect concealment all day every day due to the nature of our jobs. Sometimes it comes down to the choice between a mouse gun, unemployment, or remaining unarmed. With those options that little P3AT or NAA Guardian starts looking pretty darned good.

So, lets stop with the caliber wars before they really get started, or take them to another thread. Instead, letís celebrate the good news from Incredipete. People are alive right now due to his vigilance, and preparation. I think we can all agree on that.

+1 with what GoodSamaritan said.

SY

Distinguished Member Array randytulsa2's Avatar
    Incredipete:

You did completely wrong and I hope you know it. You were supposed to flee back into the building, call 9-1-1, huddle in the fetal position and beg for mercy while he murdered everyone. Including you.

I mean, the police will protect you.....
    "...bad decisions that turn out well often make heroes."

Gary D. Mitchell, A Sniper's Journey: The Truth About the Man and the Rifle, P. 103, NAL Caliber books, 2006, 1st Ed.

good job!

I am as well as some others curious as to what your co-worker had?

again good job

Now the situation is in the capable hands of law enforcement, who incidentally were very supportive of CCW and thought we had probably prevented a major catastrophe.
    Every single one of your colleagues should appreciate just how close they came to being murdered, and how much they owe you and your compatriot for stepping up to the plate. Amongst your colleagues, THAT situation and how it played out should put to rest any ill-founded views that guns are bad. Only bad people are bad; worse, if they're armed with a gun; worst of all, if nobody else is armed to combat such people. Each of them needs to appreciate the simplicity of this basic truism.

Kudos on keeping your head and doing the right thing.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Spread the word.

This should get 1/4 the news coverage that recent work place shootings get, if for nothing more than a teaching moment. I would imagine the "privlidge" to carry @ work might be extended rather than restricted. "Risk Management" might consider the lawsuits avoided and money lost, never mind the lives saved and grief avoided.

I agree with others that this account should find its way into the National Rifleman magazine's Armed Citizen feature. Buy why not send it to the Brady Campaign too? They wont publish it, but it couldn't hurt to plant some seeds of doubt into their anti-gun minds.

I can't believe some of the posters here suggesting that they would have used a rifle if they had been in IncrediPete's position! That is so illogical. How many of us conceal carry rifles to work? Pete had to use what he had that day, and even a lower caliber handgun turned the BG around just by being displayed. Of course, we still don't know what the coworker was carrying and it might have been his heavy iron, not Pete's .380 that was the deciding factor in the BG's leaving when he did. It certainly helped the outcome that he knew he was up against two armed defenders of the workplace.

Pete, I hope you get kudos from company management, plus a big $$ bonus. I do not want to hear that they initiate a gun-free workplace policy instead.

AWESOME job you did!!!

Luke
    "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."
    John 3:16

NRA Life Member

GREAT job... the bad guy was caught and is in jail now, right?

Distinguished Member Array Ghettokracker71's Avatar
    Well done sir! This angers me knowing I am heading out to work now,and my employer has a pretty strict no weapons policy. I work with a former NYC LEO(not CCW),my manager lets us get away with our folder knives,but thats it. He has a nice Delica,and I have my kershaws.

Senior Member Array incredipete's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by randytulsa2 View Post
    Incredipete:

You did completely wrong and I hope you know it. You were supposed to flee back into the building, call 9-1-1, huddle in the fetal position and beg for mercy while he murdered everyone. Including you.

I mean, the police will protect you.....
    Darn. I knew I'd screw it up!!!

As for a question I've seen a few times, my veteran buddy had a Springfield Mil Spec. So at least we had ONE decent gun between us. Still, not to be too braggy, I'm a pretty crack shot with the P3AT. I've got 3,000+ rounds through it. (Commence "Carry a lot, shoot a little" debate)

But yes, I definitely wished I had the Glock or the Beretta with me. Live and learn. I will not be leaving home without the Glock again.
    Gun Control means never having to say "I missed you."

- Glock 27 (.40)
    - Kel-Tec p3at (.380)
    - Beretta 96FS (.40)
    - Smith & Wesson 5906 (9mm)

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Sponsored Links