Had to draw, but that ended it... - Page 5

Had to draw, but that ended it...

This is a discussion on Had to draw, but that ended it... within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by incredipete Darn. I knew I'd screw it up!!! As for a question I've seen a few times, my veteran buddy had a ...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Had to draw, but that ended it...

Okay....

Quote Originally Posted by incredipete View Post
    Darn. I knew I'd screw it up!!!

As for a question I've seen a few times, my veteran buddy had a Springfield Mil Spec. So at least we had ONE decent gun between us.
    Okay so we can be pretty sure he LEFT because he saw that and was not in the process of laughing himself to death....That's one reason I have already decided that should I ever be forced to use my little mousegun (NAA 22 mini-revolver) I'll never try and warn lest he laugh himself silly and not notice the gunshot...but rather I have determined to close to contact range as if I were going to offer hand to hand combat and jam the teeny barrel into an eyeball before squeezing the trigger. I keep it loaded with 22 tracer rounds with this in mind. But it's pretty much out of the picture. THAT was the reason I got my Smith M642. As a suitable replacement.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Great job saving everyones bacon.

Is there by any chance a security camera close by? It would be nice to see the action going down.

Senior Member Array incredipete's Avatar
    Unfortunately, it's a manufacturing company out in the middle of nowhere, and we've never seen the need for a lot of security. Until now.
    Gun Control means never having to say "I missed you."

- Glock 27 (.40)
    - Kel-Tec p3at (.380)
    - Beretta 96FS (.40)
    - Smith & Wesson 5906 (9mm)

Quote Originally Posted by incredipete View Post
    Unfortunately, it's a manufacturing company out in the middle of nowhere...
    All the more reason for a "company" long gun secured in a locker accessable only to managers who have a CCW permit!

While not "every" scenario may allow time to access to the long gun, there are certainly a number of scenarios that do.

Especially if you work at a place where you do lots of "terminations." Didn't you say you've personally been involved in over 40?

I would speak to the boss about it while this incident is still fresh in everyone's heads and you are still the "hero" of the week.

The rest of the employee's () don't even have to know about the arms locker. Managers Only!

There is absolutely no reason to assume police would/could be there any sooner than to come upon a death scene given the remote location of your plant.

This happened a year or two ago at ConAgra in Kansas City Kansas with a couple people killed and a couple wounded.

I think the boss has learned that at least two of you are level headed enough to utilize a weapon in a tense situation without blasting away indiscriminately.

That is the usual fear against work place guns and you and your buddy shot that theory down the other day!

I know I would feel a lot safer if there was a shotgun or carbine accessable on the premises without having to retrieve one from a vehicle out in a parking lot somewhere.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Senior Member Array incredipete's Avatar
    We are lucky to work in a very 2A friendly work environment. My boss is actually going to apply for his own CCW in a couple of weeks, thanks to this incident. There are actually at least 5 CCWers in the plant that I'm aware of.
    Gun Control means never having to say "I missed you."

- Glock 27 (.40)
    - Kel-Tec p3at (.380)
    - Beretta 96FS (.40)
    - Smith & Wesson 5906 (9mm)

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    All the more reason for a "company" long gun secured in a locker accessable only to managers who have a CCW permit!

While not "every" scenario may allow time to access to the long gun, there are certainly a number of scenarios that do.

I know I would feel a lot safer if there was a shotgun or carbine accessable on the premises without having to retrieve one from a vehicle out in a parking lot somewhere.
    I agree, I'd love to have my AK or mossy at hand but I know you gotta dance with what ya brung!
    However, when you start talking about a company purchasing/owning/storing a rifle for security purposes you open up a LARGE can of worms legally and insurance-wise for the company. I'm sure the company's lawyers would strongly recommend not having a company owned/accessible firearm for insurance reasons.
    Not that I agree with that line of thinking, but I know my last employer posted no weapons signs due to the company lawyers trying to reduce liability, etc. (of course didn't have legal weight for CHLs here in Texas )
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

"I got a touch of hangover bureaucrat, don't push me"
    --G.W. McClintock

Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

Very well done. Like others have mentioned: you saved lives that day, including the former employee's.

I only hope that if I'm ever faced with such a scenario I handle it as aptly.

i wish i could carry at work. i wish i could carry at school...
    wait.. i wish i could carry at all.. say when am i going to get my letter?

Friesepferd... as soon as you get your ccw... be sure and post so we can all celebrate!

How long have you been waiting?
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Member Array Cactus Jack Garner's Avatar
    Now appears to be a good time to ask for a raise.

"Mercy is for the weak and the unprepared."

www.survivalmonkey.com

Not much I can add to what others have already said. I just hope I have your presence of mind should the situation ever present itself.

Bravo.
    Clinging to guns and God in PA...

You did completely wrong and I hope you know it. You were supposed to flee back into the building, call 9-1-1, huddle in the fetal position and beg for mercy while he murdered everyone. Including you.

I mean, the police will protect you.....

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Links