Try this for size!

This is a discussion on Try this for size! within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Tangle I believe the value of scenario posts are that we get to visualize a situation, put ourselves in that situation, state ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Try this for size!

Quote Originally Posted by Tangle
    I believe the value of scenario posts are that we get to visualize a situation, put ourselves in that situation, state our solution to the problem and then read the input from others. If in doing these scenarios, we discover new issues to be aware of then we are that much better off.

Agreed, and looking for a "tailgunner" in sheeps clothing is added to the toolbox because of your input. Thank you!

2. Remove Ads

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim_Linch
    ..."tailgunner" in sheeps clothing..."
    "tailgunner in sheeps clothing"... I like that!

Administrator

Thumbs up Tangle

You seem to have darn good situational awareness & a sharp brain.
    I'm impressed.

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter
    You seem to have darn good situational awareness & a sharp brain.
    I'm impressed.
    If you're talking to me, I can't accept credit not due me; sometimes I think there's not an orginal shooting/self-defense thought in my mind. Seems like all my awareness, tactics, etc. come from lots of training but I will admit to being a very good student.

For me training has been an eye-opening experience. If it's true that you learn from your mistakes, then I should have learned a lot cause I've sure made enough mistakes in training. The good thing about making the mistakes in training is that you get to go home at the end of the day, instead of the hospital or morgue.

One of the biggest lessons I have learned from FOF scenarios is that a gunfight or a gunfight situation is NEVER, NEVER what it appears to be. And the best course of action to survive is avoid it in the first place with awareness and the next best course is E&E - evade and escape and yep, that means sneak out if possible. Not original thoughts, but stunning, stinging, lessons from training that have been, shall we say, strongly impressed upon me.

In a debriefing after a FOF, a student asked the instructor what he thought was so funny in the student's drill. He said it was just amusing watching two BGs and one GG standing toe to toe seeing how many times they could shoot each other. I wasn't the student, but the mental image of that really impressed me. The drill was designed to illustrate what can go wrong when you intercede on someone else's behalf. Well, the student saved the victim all right, because the BGs ran out of ammo shooting the GG. It's just never what it appears to be so be very careful with you life - you only get one.

Administrator

Thumbs up Tangle

We become what we (in any way) manage to take in and absorb and commit to useable memory and then make available for practice and real life reaction. I have this amazing ability to know when people actually know and understand what they are talking about and I think you are a bit too modest.

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter
    We become what we (in any way) manage to take in and absorb and commit to useable memory and then make available for practice and real life reaction. I have this amazing ability to know when people actually know and understand what they are talking about and I think you are a bit too modest.
    Aw shucks....thanks, that's very encouraging; I hope you're right.

DC Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by Tangle
    Aw shucks....thanks, that's very encouraging; I hope you're right.
    But I will add that I hope you (or any of us) never have to find out firsthand.
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links