20 minutes for LEO

This is a discussion on 20 minutes for LEO within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by gotammo Like a retired state trooper once told if you can't take care of yourself for the first 15 minutes what do ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 20 minutes for LEO

Quote Originally Posted by gotammo View Post
    Like a retired state trooper once told if you can't take care of yourself for the first 15 minutes what do you expect them to do.
    Unfortunately, there is only one thing they can do, call the Coroner.

I am fortunate to live in a small town where responses to "Hot Calls" are about 3 to 4 minutes depending on the area of town. THose who live outside of the City limits though. Frequently have to wait between 15 and 45 minutes.
    Lex et Libertas Semper Vigilo, Fortis, Paratus, et Fidelis!

"Not only do the people who put their lives on the line to protect the rest of us deserve better, we all deserve better than to have our own security undermined by those who undermine law enforcement." -Thomas Sowell

2. Remove Ads

40 minutes to the local sheriff's office from my house if the local guy is out of town... 20 minutes for the closest PD...

not cool..

Glad all worked out, Robere, . . . I kept waiting for your daughter to get the dog and ask if she could keep it :-)

I live a full 15 minutes from our county seat, . . . but the deputies have to go out of our county to get to my house, . . . whether they come from the west, the south, or the east. You cannot get there from the north.

But again, . . . all the more reason to be self reliant and armed.

May God bless,
    Dwight
    If you can breathe, . . . thank God.
    If you can read, . . . than a teacher.
    If you are reading this in English, . . . thank a veteran.

I've got to admit that our LEOs are fast And in an emergency they seem to show up in bunches. Some times even that isn't fast enough. I still keep that gun handy.

Don't get me wrong, I love what the brave LEOs do and have to put up with, but under what obligation do they have to respond? None that I know of..fend for your self, until they show up, IF they show up.

JEC
    Our police coverage is county wide. Response time could be 30-45 min. That is why I have a backup plan. The PSP do a great job, but, they are spread thin around here. I feel better knowing I will be able to explain what happened instead of someone assessing what happened to me.

Unless an LEO just happens to be in your neighborhood, they are not going to arrive in time to stop an attack. It's just not physically possible for the police to be at every potential trouble spot. That's why I have a CCW - to take care of business before the first responders get to the scene...
    "Bad spellers of the world - untie!"

DAV Life member, NRA Life member

Springfield XD 9mm Sub-Compact
    Taurus PT111 Millennium Pro 9mm

Quote Originally Posted by nextlevelcell View Post
    well it is a good thing it was just a misunderstanding then. we have a problem here with cops getting anywhere quick and we actually have quite a few in the city here........
    I think the cops here in Wichita, Ks. take a city bus to emergency calls. (BTW The bus shuts down at midnight.)

Quote Originally Posted by mocarryguy View Post
    Easy to fix the response times folks. Tax increases, say to the tune of 60% increase should fit the bill. Take the other 40% of what you have left for our education system, and we should have crime and all other social issues solved. Then, of course we could all feel better and safer.
    Where I live it took 45 minutes to get to the 911 across the street, rural. Lock and load..
    Yeah, that 60% would result in more police chiefs going to out of town conferences and symposiums riding in first class. More PSA's on TV telling minorities how much cops love them.

Yup, more taxes would do it.

BTW,
    Hard as they try, cops don't really prevent crime. They write reports while someone shovels your guts off the pavement.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links