C. Fla. robbers shoot fast-food manager - Page 2

C. Fla. robbers shoot fast-food manager

This is a discussion on C. Fla. robbers shoot fast-food manager within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Arkhangel The above scenario is exactly why I carry at all times. It gets closer and closer to home every day. I ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkhangel View Post
    The above scenario is exactly why I carry at all times. It gets closer and closer to home every day. I own my own business and this is exactly the reason I carry and get training and practice. That really sucks. I am on the Space Coast also.

SY
    PM sent.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

Florida Getting More Violent: No Jobs: High Crime Rate

PLANTATION, Fla. -- A retired United States Marine disrupted a robbery in progress when he shot two men who attempted to rob a Subway sandwich shop, fatally wounding one of them, police said.

[Donicio Arrindell]
    Donicio Arrindell
    According to Plantation police, two armed men barged into the Subway at 1949 Pine Island Road shortly after 11 p.m. Wednesday, demanding money from the employee behind the counter. When they tried to force John Lovell into the bathroom, he pulled out a gun and shot both men, police said.

Donicio Arrindell, 22, was shot in the head and later died at the hospital. Fredrick Gadson, 21, was shot in the chest and ran from the Subway, but police found him in hiding in some bushes on the property of a nearby BankAtlantic.

Lovell, 71, was the lone customer at the time. Police said he had a concealed weapons permit.

A witness who was about to enter the Subway at the time said he thought the shootings were justified.

"I think justice, you know, was served and a civilian was a hero for today," Sebastian Shakespeare said.

Police said Lovell, a retired Marine, wouldn't be charged.

West Palm Beach

Subway clerk shot
    in robbery attempt
    Brittany Haines Surviving is only part of the battle for Brittany Haines, the teen clerk shot April 9, 2006, in a botched robbery at a Subway sandwich shop in West Palm Beach. Francis Talleyrand, 13, has been arrested on charges of attempted murder and attempted armed robbery.
    Teen shot in heart may face lifetime of complications
    Brittany Haines survived a bullet in her heart.

My 18 yr. old son works in a fast food place and has to take the receipts to the bank drop every nite....Makes me want to arm him, but that would probably not work out either.
    I work in a govt. facility and cannot even have a gun in my car in the parking lot., Makes me feel kinda naked...
    When in doubt, wup it out....

Ok... There is really nothing to say other than Stay Armed All The Time!

The thugs really don't care if your a grandma or not... They'll kill ya and not give it a second thought!

I have no idea what the anti-gunners agenda is? Maybe they get off on the thought of old ladies working at Burger King getting shot, but people need to wake up, tell the anti-gunners to shove it and take responsibility for their own safety.

You can not tell me that if someone smoked those dudes, society would have lost something of value!

This stuff is Outrageous!
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Quote Originally Posted by produman View Post
    Holy crap.. I have eaten at that BK. My companies warehouse is just around the corner..And people wonder why we carry all the time...
    So have I...and the Taco Hell right across the street...not for a few years though...in fact the only reason I go into Crime Hills now is for the gun show...of all things...
    NRA Certified Basic Pistol and Basic Rifle Instructor
    Coming soon- Range Safety Officer and Metallic Cartridge Instructor Certification

US Concealed Carry Magazine

Silver Star is not in a great neighborhood & the Pine Hills area in C/FL is a well known crap hole of crime. But, BG 'scan strike anywhere these days. I live in the neighborhood where those guys were robbed in their own driveway, returning from the gun range. NEVER let your guard down. I have been in the Subway shop in S. FL many times in the past. Glad I was not there that night. GOOD SHOOTING!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links