C. Fla. robbers shoot fast-food manager

This is a discussion on C. Fla. robbers shoot fast-food manager within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; ORLANDO, Fla. -- Police are searching for three gunmen who stormed into a Burger King restaurant Sunday, shot a manager and terrorized an elderly employee ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: C. Fla. robbers shoot fast-food manager

C. Fla. robbers shoot fast-food manager

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Police are searching for three gunmen who stormed into a Burger King restaurant Sunday, shot a manager and terrorized an elderly employee before fleeing, according to FLORIDA TODAY news partner WKMG Local 6 News.

Authorities said the men burst into the Burger King on Silver Star Road and Dardanelle at about 7 a.m. Sunday.

It is believed the men went into the restaurant's bathroom and put on masks, hoods and gloves, according to the report.

Surveillance video showed the armed men standing over the female manager before she was shot.

"When she was trying to (get money), the suspects were actually making comments to each other about who was going to shoot her," Orlando police Lt. Laura Houston said. "She does have a broken shoulder but she is stable at this time. Obviously, she is terrified."

A senior citizen who works at the restaurant was also threatened during the incident.

"This is once again a senseless, violent act to two women who were inside a Burger King early in the morning and just trying to make a living," Houston said. "This is absolutely unspeakable."

Just a reminder of what's out there (as if we need more reminders...).
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

2. Remove Ads

Let me ask a few questions...again?

So why would I want to CCW if I was only going for a quick breakfast on Sunday morning?

Why do I carry at church?

Should I carry if I'm just walking down to get the mail?

How about shopping at the mall?

Orlando is pretty close to home, and it's getting closer ALL THE TIME!

Dirtbags are everywhere and they keep multiplying...

STAY armed...at all times...stay safe!

OMO...yours?

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by article

"When she was trying to (get money), the suspects were actually making comments to each other about who was going to shoot her," Orlando police Lt. Laura Houston said.
    So the "Give them the money and don't resist" recommendation means you can still get shot/killed, eh? When are people going to learn?
    Question my friend asked me when we stopped at a Wendy's in a questionable area of Portsmouth, VA:
    "What do you think people would say if they knew we are armed to the teeth to eat at Wendy's?"
    Vis consili expers mole ruit sua.
    -Horace

It is happening more and more around C/FL, bad guys doing bad stuff to decent people. Keep your gun on you ALL the time.

Quote Originally Posted by miklcolt45 View Post
    ORLANDO, Fla. -- Police are searching for three gunmen who stormed into a Burger King restaurant Sunday, shot a manager and terrorized an elderly employee before fleeing, according to FLORIDA TODAY news partner WKMG Local 6 News.

"When she was trying to (get money), the suspects were actually making comments to each other about who was going to shoot her...
    This is why I'm blasting, given half a chance, if I am ever in a similar situation.

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Let me ask a few questions...again?

So why would I want to CCW if I was only going for a quick breakfast on Sunday morning?

Why do I carry at church?

Should I carry if I'm just walking down to get the mail?

How about shopping at the mall?

Orlando is pretty close to home, and it's getting closer ALL THE TIME!

Dirtbags are everywhere and they keep multiplying...

STAY armed...at all times...stay safe!

OMO...yours?

ret
    Good post.

This seems to happening at an alarming rate in the Central Florida area. I have come to realize that there are very few times that if given the opportunity that you should leave your weapon at home. I find myself carrying more and more as I am not new to guns but somewhat new to concealed carry and have adapted to the culture of the process.
    In your darkest hour, always remember someone is coming for you and that you are never truly alone.......

NRA member
    NRA Business Alliance member

Part of what is amazing to me, as one new to CCW, is just how much of this I completely missed before. I was probably a poster child for Condition White.

Now, in part thanks to this forum, as well as my decision to carry, I see the danger everywhere. It has been there, it is just that my eyes were closed.

Now, the struggle for me is that when I go to Orlando, it is to go to the hospital(s), where I am not allowed to carry. Yet, they are in some of the worst areas of town. I am really excited (sarcasm) that the most dangerous place I ever go is now the very place that keeps me unarmed.

(grumble, mutter...sigh)
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

The above scenario is exactly why I carry at all times. It gets closer and closer to home every day. I own my own business and this is exactly the reason I carry and get training and practice. That really sucks. I am on the Space Coast also.

SY

Senior Moderator
    This is kind of making me re-think my position on intervention. It's hard to argue at this point that someone carrying out an armed robbery is not an active, lethal threat. It seems in this area like the bad guys are determined to shoot their victims regardless of compliance.

Matt
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

VIP Member
    Does anyone the corporate policy at BK (if there is one) regarding firearms? Are they a Criminal Empowerment Zone?

It seems that only a massive wrongful death suit will break this Wall of Ignorance at places that don't allow employees to protect themselves. Actually, it's not ignorance; it's callousness. They KNOW that it is a dangerous, unconscionable practice, but they enforce it anyway because the actuaries tell them it is cheaper to disarm them and tell them to die quietly then it is to be sued by "victims" who get shot while attempting to rob the place... Sigh.
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by MattLarson View Post
    This is kind of making me re-think my position on intervention. It's hard to argue at this point that someone carrying out an armed robbery is not an active, lethal threat. It seems in this area like the bad guys are determined to shoot their victims regardless of compliance.

Matt
    If some SOB presents a weapon during a holdup (or whenever), you need to assume he plans on using it.

Holy crap.. I have eaten at that BK. My companies warehouse is just around the corner..And people wonder why we carry all the time...
    "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I won't."
    General George Patton

Maybe they need a gunbuster sign..... Then the awful bad guys wouldn't have brought their gun in.... Because... it would have been illegal...

Yeah... gunbuster sign solves everything

Thats too close for comfort Silver Star rd is one place I try to stay far away from. This includes Pinehills in general. My wife and I were At Scotties fishing store a few years back when a gang fight started in the parking lot. Thanks to the cops the fight was broken up in short order.

Senior Member Array Smith&Wessonfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by miklcolt45 View Post
    Now, the struggle for me is that when I go to Orlando, it is to go to the hospital(s), where I am not allowed to carry. Yet, they are in some of the worst areas of town. I am really excited (sarcasm) that the most dangerous place I ever go is now the very place that keeps me unarmed.

(grumble, mutter...sigh)
    PM sent

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links