University of Colorado researcher murdered - Page 2

University of Colorado researcher murdered

This is a discussion on University of Colorado researcher murdered within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; The sentence should actually read: "I don't know how you can prevent something like this, short of carrying a defensive firearm and getting good training ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: University of Colorado researcher murdered

The sentence should actually read:
    "I don't know how you can prevent something like this, short of carrying a defensive firearm and getting good training on how to effectively use it." Matthews said
    Strange that people try so hard to look for alternatives, as if this won't be effective, or as if it's so distasteful as to be unacceptable even to the point of losing their lives through such dismissive consideration. Prayer, wishful thinking and being placed on "hold" on the telephone rank a distant second in effectiveness. The sense of that should be more common than it is. What an unnecessary waste of a life.

The basics:
    • Never, ever leave your "wing man." It's particularly true when diving, hiking. Stay together. Individuals alone in the wilderness are easy marks.
    • Hitching a ride is risky business. If you're going do it, do it with your eyes wide open.
    • Go armed, always.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Not an excuse... but a major reason why guys like Amos is out of prison to begin with. Why they aren't prosecuted for the attempted murder events x 2 while in prison in the long run, boils down to prison over crowding. There just isn't enough bed space for keeping people inside if they have any way of releasing them, or not pursuing further charges for crimes while committed in prison.

Ever see what happens when a state wants to build a new prison anywhere in a state? Well the just go crazy! No one wants a new prison in "their" peaceful Sheeple Community! The activists come out in droves opposing the building of new jail space or prisons in any community.

I recommend the strategy of "Hot Bunking" in prisons to increase capacity. Those old Navy vets probably are familiar with "hot bunking."

Two guys share the same bed space. One sleeps while the other is on a work shift!

Make these convicts work 14 hour hard labor shifts, 6 - 8 hours sleep time and 2 - 4 hours for meals, showers and rec time. Not much time left over to hone their criminal skills after 14 hour labor shifts.

12 - 14 hour day shift and a 10 - 12 hour night shift.

Results? Increase amount of people you can keep in a space. Long hard work days leads to being bone tired at the end of the day and less time for "extra ciriccular activities and starting trouble".

JMHO for keeping guys like Amos on the inside instead of them running around on the outside. Plus build more prisons regardless of what the sheeple think.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

I remember car vacations with my parents in the 50s and 60s, going all over the western U.S.
    My dad was always armed....not just because of 4 legged threats, but also 2 legged threats.
    I also remember one time, while staying in Yellowstone Public Camping area. My brothers where sleeping in bags outside the tent...my parents in the tent and me in the car with our pet dog.
    Momma bear stepping on my brothers (who followed pervious orders to "stay still and don't say a word") going straight for our cooler. She ripped the metal lid off and my dad came running in his underware with hatchet in hand, my mother behind him with the gun in hand. Yelling like a banchee he ran at the bear and threw the hatchett. The bear ran off scared....as she should have been. My dad had quick acess to his gun, but knew there were others around and it would have been too unsafe to use it unless there was no other choice.
    My dad took to hoisting the metal cooler (with the lid tied on) into a tree at night.
    That bear and her cubs didn't come back the remainer of our stay.
    Who says bears aren't smart.
    One can never underestimate threats....not anywhere....not 4 legged OR two legged.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links