I've seen lots of threads started about "how much ammo do you have?" - Page 3

I've seen lots of threads started about "how much ammo do you have?"

This is a discussion on I've seen lots of threads started about "how much ammo do you have?" within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am currently accumulating 500 rds of each cal. I own, the bullets are a mix of JHP and FMJ. I'm adding to my inventory ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    VIP Member
    I am currently accumulating 500 rds of each cal. I own, the bullets are a mix of JHP and FMJ. I'm adding to my inventory for the possibility of shortages, bans, SHTF's or whatever. I seal the boxes in vacuum food storage bags and store them in a cool dry place. They ought to be good for years and years!!! Also them being sealed and stored away discourages me from busting some out and shooting them during a "weak moment"
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Have 5K rds 45 Auto.

Have 3K rds 10mm.

Have 2K rds 50AE.

Have 15K rds 223 Remy.

Have 2.5K 45/70.

All are handloads. Only guns shooting jacketed bullets are the 223 and 50AE. Everything else is cast.

Mix of practice and carry ammo for the pistols. Mix of hunting and plinkers for the rifles.

Yep, I have thousands of rounds for several pistols (both ball and HP), even a couple K for my evil black rifle...
    With the help of a few 'well-armed' neighbors, I do not see a problem with our home defense plan...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

me
    I currently have 100 for .380, 75 for .40 and 20 for 7.62X54R.

Coming my next 2 pay check I am adding 300 for 7.62X54 and 500 rounds for .40
    Mark

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

-James Earl Jones

I used to just have whatever I didnt shoot at the range. However, I have started a decent collection. Most of it is FMJ and maybe 100 rnds or so JHP each in 9mm .40, and .45. I started to get a little freaked out with the huge increases in prices of ammo and started buying as much of the cheap ammo as I could afford off the internet. I have somewhere around 8-10,000 rnds all in all, including 1-2000 rnds of 22. It helps that I mostly shoot .22 when I go to the range. at 10$ for 550 rnds, shooting doesnt take up all my money, just most of it.

I need to start reloading I think. Been collecting all the good brass I can get from the range.
    Benjamin Franklin once said, "he that would supplant a little liberty for a little safety deserves neither".

I keep about 90% target and 10% SD loads. total I have about 8000 rounds at the house.
    "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I won't."
    General George Patton

Ammo

My father taught me this about ammo=When I asked him how much I should carry in any situation he said.

"It's better to have it and not need it .....Then to need it and not have it........!"

Just my $0.02

Tom Perroni
    Instructor @
    www.perronitactical.com
    www.blackwaterusa.com
    www.goldensealenterprises.com

me
    I did go ahead and add the first set of rounds to my collection, I now have stocked over 500 rounds of 40 most are Target loads but I will be going ahead and replacing it with either FMJ or more likely JHPs when I use this little by little.
    Mark

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

-James Earl Jones

VIP Member
    not enough!

have some JHP SD rounds for 45 and 9 and fmj for both also around 800 rnds for each, I want to get this up to 2000 for each in fmj and JHP

only have 3800 rounds for my AK, you know you can never have enough
    about 600 rounds of 30-30, 1500 .22lr, 500 12ga bird shot, 400 00buck 200 slugs; I plan on getting 1000 more 30-30 and 1000 more buckshot/slugs

my reason for my little stockpile.....1) SHTF situation, I'm prepared, 2) with our gov't who knows when they'll begin to restrict ammo sales, etc

of course this will have to be increased when I get my AR, .357, and hopefully my M1A !
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

"I got a touch of hangover bureaucrat, don't push me"
    --G.W. McClintock

Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

3,000rnds, 1000defensine, 2000ball. You can never have enough ammo. I was in New Orleans during Hurricane Katrina and let me tell you I am glad I had my 1911 and sp101, but I was worried because I only had 50 round of ammo for each. This will never happen again. People turn into animals when events like this happen. Just think if the terrorist ever get their slimy hand on a nuke...

I have approx 2,500 rounds total in the house. Less than 300 of that is SD ammo. 1000 rounds is rifle, primarilly 223 for my counter-assault rifle. The rest pistol with about 150 rounds of shotgun.

I keep a loaded piece with 2 full magazines at arms reach. There are about three locations throughout the house that have one full mag for my pistol and one full 30 round (pre-ban of course) 223 mag. The armory has my tac vest with 6 30 round mags for the rifle and 3-5 mags for the pistol. The vest won't be real easy to get to in a fight, but possible for the wife or for a retreat situation in a protracted battle.

If all hell breaks loose I have enough to keep an offensive at bay until the cops and everyone else shows up.

Lex et Libertas Semper Vigilo, Fortis, Paratus, et Fidelis!

"Not only do the people who put their lives on the line to protect the rest of us deserve better, we all deserve better than to have our own security undermined by those who undermine law enforcement." -Thomas Sowell

I have a couple hundred rounds of .22 for my Ruger, about 60 rounds of bird/buckshot for my Remington 870, about 100 for my dad's ole Model 10 2", and approximately 200 rounds (mixed hp and jacketed) for my 9mm

Mostly FMJ due to cost.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

what I got

Living here in ireland, where out Police are still in the dark ages (unarmed) we are limited by law as to how much ammunition we can have in our posession, our limit is a maximum of 100 rounds. To make matters worse JHP are illegal (apparently they are designed to inflict significant injury) only rounds we can have are FMJ, which obviously wont hurt as much. As to how much I carry with me, G19 with a 15 round mag + 1 spare mag.
    Surrounded and outnumbered, pass me my vest!

Cool

Usually I have about 750 -850 rds on hand, 250rds FMJ, 250rds JHP, and the balance in Blazer Brass all .45acp. For the shotguns at a minimum 500rds of Hornady Personal Defense .00 Buck Shot, for the Remington 200-300rds of Hornady .243 WIN 100GR BTSP. You can never have too much ammo.
    Commonwealth of Virginia CCW
    SA XD .45 ACP 4" Service Model - Black
    Taurus Millennium Pro PT145
    Remington 798 .243 w/Leupold Scope
    Benelli M1 Tactical Special 12ga 18.5" open sight w/Muzzle Brake
    Mossberg - Maverick 88 12ga 18.5"

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links