Explosion At Downtown Disney - Page 2

Explosion At Downtown Disney

This is a discussion on Explosion At Downtown Disney within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Curtis27 Because of this, you will no longer be able to carry liquids larger than 3 oz. into the park, and they ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Explosion At Downtown Disney

Quote Originally Posted by Curtis27 View Post
    Because of this, you will no longer be able to carry liquids larger than 3 oz. into the park, and they must pass through the security check in a bomb proof ziplock bag. No drinks will be allowed in, as Disney would not be able to charge outrageous margins for soda and water. Also, anyone named BILL will be patted down, as it is a common name that Middle Eastern people use due to the ease of learning to spell it. Plus, BILL means that we are not profiling every middle eastern person that goes into the park...
    don't give them any idea's. that's all thy need to do to spend more of this country's (our) money being frivolous and wasteful. i wouldn't be surprised if our attention to extra security makes that spot more of a target.
    What's this button do?

Yep! When I lived in Lake County, a single handgun and spare mag did me fine. When I went to Orlando for anything, a second mag and BUG went along. OBT is such a toilet!

two guns, two mags for each gun when in any metro area. 80+ rounds... Thats just me though. I feel secure that way. Plus my tac light, folding knife and my other regular acoutraments.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Most likely kids and illegal fireworks. Sorry, but I'm just not ready to panic yet.
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by obxned View Post
    Most likely kids and illegal fireworks. Sorry, but I'm just not ready to panic yet.
    That and a M-80 100, 200 cherry bomb and of that stuff is against federal law and will net you a $5,000.00 fine if you are caught.
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century

Quote Originally Posted by obxned View Post
    Probably right that it's just kids. My question is what kind of illegal fireworks resemble a pipe bomb? I don't know much about fireworks.

I still think planting a bomb anywhere in a public area where innocent people could be harmed by it is terrorism, regardless of who does it or why.
    When you've got 'em by the balls, their hearts & minds will follow. Semper Fi.

Senior Moderator
    The trash can didnt blow apart, it just had lots of smoke come from it that resembled a pipe bomb.

Probably written by some Yahoo that has never seen a pipe bomb.

More sensational bunk used by the media to get people to read...and it worked...

We have a whole thread here about smoke coming from a trash can in Disney.

Great.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Administrator
    I think a pipe bomb of any appreciable size would have blown the trash can apart.
    But, that being said I DO think we are going to hit again soon with a big one.
    Just a sneaking suspicion that I have.

We are hated more than the Brits by the Masters Of Terror and so we're next...again.
    If they are able to pull something off they sure will.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Orange County calls for "Orange Alert" status..I can go back to Yellow in Seminole, Volusia and Lake...Its getting crazy down here. Orange County Sheriff Kevin Beary really tried to downplay the incident. With millions of tourists every year and billions of dollars at stake the last thing they need is something like this to be linked to terrorists..

Quote Originally Posted by MattLarson View Post
    Copy that. I am seldom unarmed in Seminole, and we don't have near the scumbaggery Orange has.

Matt
    Scumbaggery?? I like that.

I just added a new word to my everyday vocabulary!!

Senior Member Array tanksoldier's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GotSig? View Post
    +2
    The Magic kingdom would be a horrifc attack, people from many different countries, and lots of them. With the recent attacks in the UK im sure they are testing the waters.
    I have an old Army friend who works in security at Disney World in Florida. According to her, Disney actually has a fairly significant disaster plan which covers everything from natural disasters to terrorist attacks to nuclear war.
    "I am a Soldier. I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight." GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links