Being a good neighbor? - Page 2

Being a good neighbor?

This is a discussion on Being a good neighbor? within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by rocky Nice job, must be something old folk like to (leave the car door open) . my neighbor leave her door open ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Being a good neighbor?

Distinguished Member Array Ghettokracker71's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rocky View Post
    Nice job, must be something old folk like to (leave the car door open) . my neighbor leave her door open about once a month, I tend to just shut it for her without bothering to tell her.

Good job ,too!! One of my roommates (who has been kicked out ,THANK GOD!) used to leave the back door wide open in the middle of the night. I always check windows/doors when I goto sleep,so it was closed. Then I'd wake up to find it open

"To blame a gun for a mans decision is to foolishly attribute free will to an inanimate object"- Colion Noir.

Yippy Skippy... Kudo's to you bro!

Good job and glad you're just that kind of guy! Too many people just go about their business these days and don't give it a second thought.

Glad you're a good neighbor!
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

VIP Member
    You absolutely did the right thing, it's better to be safe than sorry huh?. The police were concerned about their welfare also! Where I grew up (in the 60's) we were a tight neighborhood and everyone looked out and helped each other, I'm the same way now in our community I check on the neighbors and help them if they need it. My inlaws live in an upscale neighborhood in California and they don't know their next door neighbors, may be nodded at them once. What's the deal with that?
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

We used to have 3 ladies as neighbors. (Called them the golden girls!) and they would do the same thing, leave the car doors open?? Must elderly thing!! :)

But also, I wanted to say, Kudos also! You really did the right thing!
    I wear a seatbelt, but I hope to never need it, I use smoke detectors in my house, but I hope to never need them, I carry life insurance, but I hope to never need it, I carry a weapon, but I hope to never need it.

It is good to know we still have people like you in this world.

Everyone tends to keep to themselves these days. I'm not so sure that's a good thing.

Hats off to ya

G.

Good job!

You would be welcome in the rural community I live in. Police responce is 30 minutes at best where I live so you call another nieghbor first.

Outstanding job. Now, if we just had more folks like you.........
    http://www.odmp.org/

Defensor Fortis
    Tutor et Ultor
    Aduentes Fortuna Juvat
    Libertatem Defendimus

Kinda like the "good ole days". Neighbors used to always look out for each other. Still do right here. Won't bore you with the stories.

Bob

Good job. I am sure that the ladies will rest easier knowing that a neighbor cares enough to be concerned. There should be more of that in the world.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

Anyone else notice something about us vs. the antis? They say we are the ones that society should fear and yet we are usually the ones who are looking out for our neighbors and our neighborhoods while the anti and liberal types are the ones who tend to be anti-social and don't look out for their neighbors?

If this lady had been living across the street from your typical liberal, no one would have been looking out for her or concerned in any way. The liberal would have been more apt to say "I don't want to get involved" than to see an open car door and think "I better make sure my neighbor is alright."

Gun owners make good neighbors, libs just end up being the angery guy who lives next door.

You never see a liberal showing respect at a war memorial....just looking for a way to desecrate it to make some stupid illogical "statement".

You sir, are a good neighbor. You are to be commended.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links