Shooting, Gun Retention, Jams, and Jail Time

This is a discussion on Shooting, Gun Retention, Jams, and Jail Time within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I think this BG deserves a quick trip to the gas chamber. No appeals, no sitting on death row for years being a drain on ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shooting, Gun Retention, Jams, and Jail Time

I think this BG deserves a quick trip to the gas chamber. No appeals, no sitting on death row for years being a drain on the system. The camera shows the intent he had on killing the officer, end of story.

I am glad thing turned out for the officer. I am sure he would do things differently. As stated early he started off good, but things went down hill upon approaching the BG door. He seemed too confident that it was just routine stop, which almost proved deadly for him. Late night solo stop, driver not responding to instructions, lots of warning signs of possible problems.

Also the first backup on scene sure seemed very calm under what would be considered a very high stress situation.

2. Remove Ads

+1 for popo22 and Rob 72's posts.

The other thing approaching from passenger side, besides being unexpected is that a majority of people are right handed and this approach allows you to see what the drivers right hand is doing.

Also I believe he hit the fleeing car 15 out of 16 rounds... That's outstanding accuracy as far as I'm concerned considering the ordeal that just played out in under 3 minutes.

Also the bullet fractured C-1 cervical vertibrae. Had he had any spinal cord damage for an injury at that level, he would have died as it would have paralyzed his respiratory drive as well as making him a quadrapalegic. The angels were with him that night!

Yes, capital punishment is most definitely appropriate for this scumbag... but this is the way it goes.

You can bet this video will be played at each and every parole hearing he goes before. The chance of him doing all 63 years is pretty much a done deal!
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    Also the bullet fractured C-1 cervical vertibrae. Had he had any spinal cord damage for an injury at that level, he would have died as it would have paralyzed his respiratory drive as well as making him a quadrapalegic. The angels were with him that night!
    Yes, very lucky, I have a friend that became a quadriplegic from a gunshot to the neck (lodged between C1 and C2), she died several years later from pneumonia because she had trouble breathing.
    "When a man attempts to deal with me by force, I answer himóby force.
    "... No, I do not share his evil or sink to his concept of morality: I merely grant him his choice, destruction, the only destruction he had the right to choose: his own." -John Galt, Atlas Shrugged

VIP Member
    OMG! God was hit the Officer that night.
    And yes, he had his spidey senses off for that stop, but he reinforced a lesson given to me by another cop: STAY IN THE FIGHT!
    He did and he is alive.
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

Quote Originally Posted by Schwebel View Post
    You can't watch any video on there without seeing that crap anymore. That site is a flame war for 16yr old punks and jobless fat 35yr olds. That's why I don't read the comments anymore.
    Yep.
    Most all those people are ignorant mom's basement dwellers.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

I cannot believe the level of pure evil some people have a tendency towards. I watched the video, and the entire time I was thinking about how that person had completely and totally forfeited his right to live. Whether things could have been done differently on the officers part kind of took a back seat in my mind to how utterly savage this person was. I was relieved that the officer pulled through and had the presence of mind to ward him off but utterly heartbroken to see that this piece of trash could possibly ever roam our streets again (even if it is 6 decades from now)
    ~~~the biggest deficit of the general public is a lack of personal accountability.. I have no one to blame for my actions, regardless of circumstances, except myself and by the same token I can hold no one else responsible for my protection and well being other than myself~~~

Administrator
    It ashame he wasnt caught that night, as I'm sure he wouldnt have made it to trial.
    I've seen this video several times now, each time it gives me the willys. There was no doubt some tactical errors made by the officer and they are the same errors I'm guilty of. We get so used to the dangers and risks when we do it day in and out, everything can change in a split second. The BG gave a lot of warnings that this wsnt going to go smooth...
    "Just blame Sixto"

5. The end of the video REALLY made me angry. Why the bad guy didn't get the chair is completely beyond me. After seeing the video there is no reason why he should not have been issued the death penalty (in my humble opinion).
    to me it's a catch 22. it costs money to keep it (him) in prison but death is too good. it's an easy out and it (he) needs to rot in prison. i think the crime rate would rise if the death penalty was more enforced. although not always the case, but some criminals would think it easier to commit a crime if they knew they would die as apposed to suffering in looooong term confinement.

It ashame he wasnt caught that night, as I'm sure he wouldnt have made it to trial.
    I've seen this video several times now, each time it gives me the willys. There was no doubt some tactical errors made by the officer and they are the same errors I'm guilty of. We get so used to the dangers and risks when we do it day in and out, everything can change in a split second. The BG gave a lot of warnings that this wsnt going to go smooth... SIXTO
    i've thought of that to. i think cops need more liberty in those cases to draw and be more intiminating if not to be more self protecting of themselves.
    What's this button do?

At the beginning of the video the scum is identified as a career criminal, my question is why was he even on the street?

"First rule of a gun fight is to have a gun"

VIP Member Array peacefuljeffrey's Avatar
    Every state ought to have a lottery to hand out the privilege of putting that kind of diseased dog to death!

VIP Member Array peacefuljeffrey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by turbo93 View Post
    If he got the death penalty it takes ove 10 plus years to be executed.
    That's not a flaw in the type of punishment, that's a flaw in the absurd way in which the states in this country currently administer it.

It was only an attempt on the leo and there fore I think the death penalty does not pertain. The trooper was one lucky guy. The bg is probably a sociopath.
    "It was 'only' an 'attempt' "?!
    Are you saying that after trying as hard as he did to be this officer's stone-cold murderer, you draw a distinction between his earnest but failed effort, and success? As in, he deserves less of a punishent because he did not succeed in murdering the officer? I really hope you are kidding.

I don't know what stand-up comic said it first, but I remember one making a joke about punishing attempted murderers more leniently than actual murderers: "Why? It just means they missed!"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links